Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think the JK uppers were way better then the TJ, so I have high hopes.

This also more then likely means the Bestop Core doors aren't to far out as I'm going to assume they will reuse the same upper.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
I think the JK uppers were way better then the TJ, so I have high hopes.

This also more then likely means the Bestop Core doors aren't to far out as I'm going to assume they will reuse the same upper.
I bet your right!!

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
At one time, the Jeep Wrangler was a relatively inexpensive 4x4 off road vehicle that came with two half door's each having a soft upper half and a convertible soft top that where standard. Full doors and a hardtop were luxury options one could upgrade to for more money. It will be interesting watching Jeeps marketing people sell Jeep enthusiast half doors with soft uppers for thousands of dollars when they used to be included in the base price of the vehicle.
At one time, bread used to cost a nickel a loaf and you had to slice it yourself. Now they force you into the added price of a wrapper and already sliced.

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
The factory half doors appeared in the ordering system yesterday and here's a first look today. It's almost like Jeep said OK since it was spotted in the dealer system let's trot it out there. :LOL:

View attachment 379167 View attachment 379168 View attachment 379169 View attachment 379170
Considering that the JL is bigger than the TJ in almost every way, I really don't know why everyone else was thinking the half doors would be any smaller than what they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you already have a JL you could easily see that the half doors would follow this line
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20201013_103058

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

redriderbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Journalist & Spy Photographer

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Back in the old days (on the JK), half doors were a no-cost option. Wonder if that'll materialize here, too.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I know that people love half doors. Having never had them, I guess that I just don’t get it:

what is the difference between a “half door” and a “regular door with the window rolled down“???

I’m serious. I’m a newbie and I don’t “get it”.....
The window sill is considerably lower. It's a much more open feeling. The huge draw-back is of course for drive-trough and gated parking lot users.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I want some pre-cut vinyl that looks like sailcloth for the upper part of my full doors. It rains here most of the year anyway; I can look the part without the cost or annoying plastic windows!

Webbie44

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Hard Rock Rubicon 2 door
If the half doors come equipped with mirrors....will they be power/heated? Will it have (and I’m not sure why) power door locks?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
If the half doors come equipped with mirrors....will they be power/heated? Will it have (and I’m not sure why) power door locks?
Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

I've got the heated mirrors and power locks on my full doors.

Would be a nice carry over, but I don't plan to run soft doors or soft top with these doors so I'd be happy if I can get em stripped down.

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The little fabric pillar they added looks HORRIBLE. It's so bad I'm hoping these are spy shots from when they were testing the half doors and the uppers are still in design.

Can we just get the TJ design team off the trails and out of the bars for one minute and get them on this? Give me one big piece of window I have to manhandle into submission.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos JeepTJ Halfsies