Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Thanks for telling us why half doors aren't for you in a time we much needed to hear your thoughts. Now we can all sleep peacefully.
I simply offered my thoughts, the same way you're offering yours- which I'm sure are greatly appreciated for their in depth analysis and careful thought:
Show a single post where anyone begged for a crappy half upper.
I too will be sleeping peacefully knowing I've added something to your day. I'm glad I could help!
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Using half doors offroad gives more visibility than just rolling the window down.
It looks like you gain maybe 3 inches visibility? Is that worth $15-2000.00? If it means you dont have to slightly lean over to see outside the window I suppose.

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
YES!!!!FINALLY!!!! (But the uppers do look stupid as crap!)

I am confused a little though. I emailed FCA a little over a month ago and asked about future availability of factory Half Doors. They responded in less than 24 hrs. with ā€œUnfortunately factory Half Doors for the JL will not be available. Please work with your local Mopar Dealer to find an aftermarket solution if you need Half Doorsā€

Is this sudden availability brought about by pressure from the Bronco? If it is then thank you FORD! Iā€™ve always despised the look of full frame doors on any Jeep with the top down/off. It just ruins the look of this American icon!

I had half doors on both my YJā€™s and my TJ and absolutely loved them! Mine never leaked enough to complain.

We have not ordered yet and this is some very welcome news. Iā€™ll be ordering a Hella Yella 2 door Rubi w/6 spd. manual. I definitely want the half doors and not opposed to dual tops and dual doors if I can get it? I donā€™t mind the full doors with a hard top. If I cannot get it all then Iā€™ll just get the premium soft top with half doors. On the Jeep build and price it allows me to choose both the hard top and premium soft top but I donā€™t see any door options....

Last edited:

Sponsored

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
YES!!!!FINALLY!!!! (But the uppers do look stupid as crap!)

I am confused a little though. I emailed FCA a little over a month ago and asked about future availability of factory Half Doors. They responded in less than 24 hrs. with ā€œUnfortunately factory Half Doors for the JL will not be available. Please work with your local Mopar Dealer to find an aftermarket solution if you need Half Doorsā€

Is this sudden availability brought about by pressure from the Bronco? If it is then thank you FORD! Iā€™ve always despised the look of full frame doors on any Jeep with the top down/off. It just ruins the look of this American icon!

I had half doors on both my YJā€™s and my TJ and absolutely loved them! Mine never leaked enough to complain.

We have not ordered yet and this is some very welcome news. Iā€™ll be ordering a Hella Yella 2 door Rubi w/6 spd. manual. I definitely want the half doors and not opposed to dual tops and dual doors if I can get it? I donā€™t mind the full doors with a hard top. If I cannot get it all then Iā€™ll just get the premium soft top with half doors. On the Jeep build and price it allows me to choose both the hard top and premium soft top but I donā€™t see any door options....

Last edited:

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
It looks like you gain maybe 3 inches visibility? Is that worth $15-2000.00? If it means you dont have to slightly lean over to see outside the window I suppose.
Why do you need that suspension lift? So you can go over that rock? You should just go around it .

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Why do you need that suspension lift? So you can go over that rock? You should just go around it .
You can't always go around the rock. You can always lean over to see whats outside. I (kinda) understand if people want this to be different, but to say it gives you some big advantage off-road for that kind of money makes no sense.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
While half doors give a bit more visibility, it also really appeals to some peoples aesthetics. Growing up my mom's friend had a white jeep with half doors so to me that is what a "Jeep" looks like.

In my opinion it really makes it look amazing when you have the soft top down. Plus being able to take the tops off and throw them in the back gives you a good view and a great arm rest.

Just like bumpers tho, they get a job done and many people will like them and many people won't even care. Don't let the others irritate you. Like what you like yo! I saved up for these and am hella excited to get them as soon as they come out

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Read again. No one who wanted half doors wanted the upper doors to be crap.

And stop offering to wipe other people's asses.
How shocking. A troll running mental gymnastics to try and not look like an idiot.

With baron95 gone you have convincingly upped the ladder for biggest idiot on this forum. Keep up the good work.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Man, this thread, and the others related to half doors too, are FILLED with these nay-sayers and haters, who can't understand why people want half doors.

You guys are exhausting. Move on.

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport

Some police departments enforce the door rule. Vehicle must be equipped with the doors on the vehicle as it came from the factory. These half doors would be legal to run on the road. Aftermarket fabric doors/tube doors are not road legal where I live. I know many municipalities don't care. A few around me do care.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Some police departments enforce the door rule. Vehicle must be equipped with the doors on the vehicle as it came from the factory. These half doors would be legal to run on the road. Aftermarket fabric doors/tube doors are not road legal where I live. I know many municipalities don't care. A few around me do care.
What communist state is that?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
How shocking. A troll running mental gymnastics to try and not look like an idiot.

With baron95 gone you have convincingly upped the ladder for biggest idiot on this forum. Keep up the good work.
How exactly did I troll? I doubt you know the meaning. Looks like you're one of those people who don't like to be corrected. Which is why you're old enough to have a driver's license but still use terms like "mental gymnastics". I wouldn't be surprised if baron95 is actually one of your accounts to make yourself look better... kind of like an ugly person hanging out with even uglier people to look relatively better.
Sponsored