Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Oh no! What did Jeep do to the upper halves? The split window is horrible. What were they thinking. It was perfect the way it was on the JKs. Forget it. I’m not replacing my JK.

The window wedged between the door and the dashboard is actually helpful to keep it in place when folded down. Is that why they redesigned it this way? So disappointing. Visibility is now more limited and it looks awful.

Jeep, you got to involve your customers in your requirements phase. Agile development. I remember many years ago at a Jeep Jamboree such a session with Jeep engineers. They asked us such things as how important is it to us to keep the folding windshield.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 1602393489451
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
What is the point of the half doors with a hard top?
Well I wouldn't criticise them for testing anything... they need to do more of it. But knowing the brilliant bunch at Jeep, they probably test with hard top and not the soft top... leaving a good reason for the customer to bang their head on the wall when the softtop bellows under turbulence and the soft uppers flap like Dumbo trying to fly.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
This is cool. I really like these. But for $4k? Pass
Like others mentioned: $4k would just about pay for my lift/37's, maybe more, depending on when/ where I shop and the sales/ discounts I can hit.

I had them on my TJ's and loved them for wheeling, but for daily driving, they just were not practical. They'd leak during heavy rains, and if it got overly hot (90+ degrees and humid) and I had to run with the windows up and the AC cranked (like those times I had a job interview), it put some serious stress on the AC system. It SUCKED trying to get it to cool down, waiting in a full suit and tie, while driving to a job interview. One time the Jeep even overheated and made me almost miss the interview. Pretty sure that cost me.
Also: my kids are real young, still. Maybe when they get a little older and aren't as easily scared of wind noise from the windows being rolled all the way down.

All reasons why I bought a JLUR. All reasons why I won't be paying $4k for these half doors/ uppers.
That's the battle cry of a man who bad mouths things he can't afford.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Reread my post. I stated I’m choosing to spend my money on something that will get my rig farther down the trail. I also explained they aren’t exactly useful to me right now.
Lots of people begged for this. Now we’ll see who puts their money where their mouth is. Not many I’m sure.
Bingo. That would be my guess as well.

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
For $4,000, for 4 doors??? Haaa haaa haaaa!!!! Plus, it looks silly as hell, when the HardTop is on. Also, the upper soft part looks cheap, and not well thought out. No thanks.
Now, if ever someone made just an inexpensive "Half-Door", that looked good enough(it doesnt have to be factory quality), I would buy some, just to use when going topless.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Ok you fabricators out there. Time to make some money. All you have to do it weld up a tube frame for the doors, with latches. Coat them. Then attach some heavy duty plastic half door panels to them, painted to match factory colors.
I'm sure some 3rd world country could make them for us at $200 or so, a piece.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Reread my post. I stated I’m choosing to spend my money on something that will get my rig farther down the trail. I also explained they aren’t exactly useful to me right now.
Thanks for telling us why half doors aren't for you in a time we much needed to hear your thoughts. Now we can all sleep peacefully.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Didn't they show off something like this for the JK, but never make it. Maybe its a tester or something. Might not be a final product.
Sponsored