Sponsored

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)

Sponsored

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
And how can we get them now...hmmmm

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Sorry, newbie questions:

1. how does the fabric get on the half doors? Is it easy to put on and off?

2. Will these be available from Mopar as a stand alone products for guys like me who want this for their 2020 and early MY JLUs? If they cost about $4k with a Jeep build, I am assuming they will cost $5k as standalone.

3. Anybody have rough idea on the weight delta between a half door and a full door? At 50 pounds each, the front full doors are still a PITA for me to put on alone. Rear full doors are a lot easier as they are 30 pounds each.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
This is cool. I really like these. But for $4k? Pass
Like others mentioned: $4k would just about pay for my lift/37's, maybe more, depending on when/ where I shop and the sales/ discounts I can hit.

I had them on my TJ's and loved them for wheeling, but for daily driving, they just were not practical. They'd leak during heavy rains, and if it got overly hot (90+ degrees and humid) and I had to run with the windows up and the AC cranked (like those times I had a job interview), it put some serious stress on the AC system. It SUCKED trying to get it to cool down, waiting in a full suit and tie, while driving to a job interview. One time the Jeep even overheated and made me almost miss the interview. Pretty sure that cost me.
Also: my kids are real young, still. Maybe when they get a little older and aren't as easily scared of wind noise from the windows being rolled all the way down.

All reasons why I bought a JLUR. All reasons why I won't be paying $4k for these half doors/ uppers.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I don’t understand the appeal. Just take the doors off.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I wasn't expecting a "first look" at something that resembles the budget choice from a J.C. Whitney catalog.

The factory soft uppers on my YJ, and of course on the JK pictured above, looked 100% better than what's evident in the Mopar Insiders pictures.
Sponsored