Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look of the Half doors, but practically, I just cant see it both financially and practically. With no windows, security is a huge issue. If you don't keep anything in your Jeep that's one thing, but if you don't want someone rifling through your stuff at night when you are sleeping, its hard to secure your jeep.
I wish they could come up with a way to make half doors that would fit the opening with a window in it. Looking at some of the pictures, im not sure it could be done, but someon can come up with a design that would work, Im sure.
Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
I love the look of the Half doors, but practically, I just cant see it both financially and practically. With no windows, security is a huge issue. If you don't keep anything in your Jeep that's one thing, but if you don't want someone rifling through your stuff at night when you are sleeping, its hard to secure your jeep.
I wish they could come up with a way to make half doors that would fit the opening with a window in it. Looking at some of the pictures, im not sure it could be done, but someon can come up with a design that would work, Im sure.
You can order the upper half windows

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
This is exciting and expensive news! Does anyone know what the premium uppers look like? Maybe it’s just a soft top twill material?

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
You can order the upper half windows
I was talking about the metal uppers, no Twill or whatever the material is. Make it like a regular door window but half door.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
On JKs you used to get a discount on the price by choosing half doors over full doors. Kind of like choosing manual over automatic, or soft top over hard top.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
On JKs you used to get a discount on the price by choosing half doors over full doors. Kind of like choosing manual over automatic, or soft top over hard top.
Very true, but knowing Jeep lately they will discount it on the doors and roll it into the destination charge :LOL:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You don't have them now, but you have a good chance of having them. A large percentage of Jeeps get them. Usually start showing up when the Jeep is a year and a half to two years old.
Define “a large percentage”.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
People are really willing to spend $1000/door for half doors? Am I the only one that thinks that’s crazy?
I'm sure FCA has numbers from the JK to estimate how many they'll sell and are priced accordingly to recoup R&D. But, yeah, it's too rich for my blood, at least from a post-purchase perspective. I'd likely go for it if I could wrap it into a new vehicle loan... and I only get a couple months a year when I could use em! Jeep: sanity optional.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
And this is why bronco coming into the marked good thing for Jeep owners - more options.
Price is very steep, but so is every option that you add.

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Love half doors but both my tj and my jk leaked like a sieve in the rain. Standing water on floor both sides after a heavy rain. Hope they figured out how to seal them.
Sponsored