Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I like them, but not sure I like them at that price. Curious how they work with the tops also.
Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
This was my thinking.
Also, if I got the dual top (as I did with my order for my 19) and wanted dual doors....

how am I exactly taking all this home!? And exactly to your original point (cause really youā€™d assume it comes with your order itā€™s delivered like this from factory I assume, or maybe itā€™s what you stated, which I think would be a paint match issue) how is this delivered to the customer properly?

curious to know why the answer is on this
I asked this on a thread on FB and the original poster confirmed that you will NOT be able to order the dual top group and dual door group on the same build. It is either or for the exact reason there is not enough space for the soft top in the back and the doors.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I wonder if they will have the same ā€œbubbles around door hingeā€œ feature the full doors have. Personally wouldnā€™t waste my money on half doors from factory - unless good old steel and not aluminum.
I don't have bubbles around my door hinges. Even JK mopar half doors were aluminium.

Last edited:

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I asked this on a thread on FB and the original poster confirmed that you will NOT be able to order the dual top group and dual door group on the same build. It is either or for the exact reason there is not enough space for the soft top in the back and the doors.
Gotcha....thanks for the info.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is this only a 4 door option? I know that you can;t order a 2 door with dual tops becuse there is no room for the soft top when the jeep ships (unlike the JK). I'm sure they could fit two doors and uppers with the rear seat folded in a JL if they wanted to

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
can you JUST order with half doors only or do you need to take both?
They will probably get there. You could order JK that way

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
This was my thinking.
Also, if I got the dual top (as I did with my order for my 19) and wanted dual doors....

how am I exactly taking all this home!? And exactly to your original point (cause really youā€™d assume it comes with your order itā€™s delivered like this from factory I assume, or maybe itā€™s what you stated, which I think would be a paint match issue) how is this delivered to the customer properly?

curious to know what the answer is on this.

Guess we will find out. Maybe they come in a crate, or something. Hell, I really don't know.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I don't have bubbles around my door hinges. Even JK mopar half door were aluminium.
You don't have them now, but you have a good chance of having them. A large percentage of Jeeps get them. Usually start showing up when the Jeep is a year and a half to two years old.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I know that people love half doors. Having never had them, I guess that I just donā€™t get it:

what is the difference between a ā€œhalf doorā€ and a ā€œregular door with the window rolled downā€œ???

Iā€™m serious. Iā€™m a newbie and I donā€™t ā€œget itā€.....
It's more open than lowering the window but you can keep the uppers in the back for when you need them
Some examples https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36978

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
If I buy a JLU with Dual Top Group and Dual Door Group, I will have to buy a new Ram truck to get it all home. Maybe the wife won't notice the new Ram parked in the driveway next to the new JLU. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Now this is the right way to go into a weekend!! Cancelling my existing order and having the dealer do another tonight with the door group.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
For $4k I hope the locks on both set of doors are keyed alike

Russ Chung

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2005 TJ
Youā€™re pulling my leg, right?
That may be BullMoose1776's reason for half doors. For me, when I'm off-road and I need to precisely position my front tires so that I can avoid a hole, avoid a rock or climb a ledge, I find it much easier to lean out and see exactly where my tires are going when I have half doors (or no doors) than when I have full doors.