Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I assume they will be the ones from the 392 concept

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I assume they will be the ones from the 392 concept
Close-up pics of the half doors on the Concept rig showed the doors to be something of a bodge. Likely done to get the rig out there in the media. There wasn't, for example, any accommodation to attach the separate window uppers.

I would expect the fit and finish of the now-official Mopar half doors to be significantly better. That's doubly true when contemplating their $3.6 - $4K pricing.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I know that people love half doors. Having never had them, I guess that I just don’t get it:

what is the difference between a “half door” and a “regular door with the window rolled down“???

I’m serious. I’m a newbie and I don’t “get it”.....
+1

I can’t see the functional reason either, but I’m a newbie too so I’m not judging I’m just asking. I’d go with no doors or tube doors but the half door would seem to me to be not that much different than a full door with the window down. Maybe it’s just mostly aesthetic?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
+1

I can’t see the functional reason either, but I’m a newbie too so I’m not judging I’m just asking. I’d go with no doors or tube doors but the half door would seem to me to be not that much different than a full door with the window down. Maybe it’s just mostly aesthetic?
I’ve owned jeeps with both full and half doors. The biggest difference comes from the fact that the half doors have no frame when the uppers are removed. It feels far more open than the full doors. It also makes it easier to see what’s going on outside the jeep when you’re on the trail, and you don’t have to drive to the trail doorless and windowless.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
  1. Great news!!!
  2. I sure hope Jeep follows by allowing us to get half doors without the full doors. What do I do with these bulky full doors I’ll never use? Feels like a way to get more money out of us. Not cool Jeep!
  3. To those who never experienced half doors. It’s a whole different experience, a whole different Jeep. First off it’s open air experience. Doors are “cut” lower, making sides more open. Second, convenience. You throw the uppers in the back, and if it starts raining when away from home, you don’t need to rush home or wait under a bridge. What a hassle to switch doors, or not have a way to close up right away when you need to. Also you don’t need to bother about getting side mirrors, as they are right there. Third safety. These doors are heavy duty with side impact beams. Not wimpy tubes or aftermarket wannabes. Fourth fit and finish. They feel like real doors and fit the lines of the Jeep. The doors are the right thickness to make the interior flow. Aftermarket offerings are thin and look/feel weird inside.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos C239DEE9-2806-4FBE-8807-0B2A6650355D

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos FC605E7A-3231-43A1-B23A-B56B15E1152A

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 0CE44BE8-C23C-4BC5-992E-16B5574C6C5B

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 7A97CC18-3C67-4342-B814-16EE38B6955B

As you can tell, this summer with the pandemic I got into kayaking and paddle boarding. Ha ha.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
My first Jeep was a TJ Rubicon with full doors and dual tops, and eventually soft half doors.

To tell you the truth, after having both for a long time, I no longer understand full doors. Full doors with a soft top looks so weird and backwards to me. It’s like the Jeep wants to be open, but not quite fully confident to do it. The trunk area is open but where people are it’s still claustrophobic and closed in.

I know most people these days have full doors and are happy with them, so not looking for trouble. It’s just that I see myself continuing to drive Jeeps for a very long time, but NEVER with full doors. That’s just me.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Honestly, those half doors look badass but they sure do come at a premium. Better off just going aftermarket and having a local painter color match them. Then again, I’m a cheap bastard so I’d just take my doors completely off. The price tag on these jeeps is getting crazy. I think I’d be happier getting back into another Duramax Denali.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Look what I found - half doors!!! This appeared yesterday.

"Dual Door Group w/ Base Uppers"
"Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers"

* The prices are for the 4 door..........so for 4k you get 2 sets of doors factory painted to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 7A97CC18-3C67-4342-B814-16EE38B6955B

Had a dealer price out the 2dr dual door group w/base uppers
MSRP $2350 FWP $2116

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Hot dog! Hopefully I'll be able to get these for my '18 next summer.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Oh boy, I want these... But I don't even want to know how much these would be if they aren't purchased during ordering. It's gotta be close to $3k for the fronts, plus paint. I'm not sure my pockets are deep enough :(

Maybe it's blasphemy, but I really like the look/idea of the Strike Force Zebra JK plastic doors and rigid uppers.. but no news on a JL version or any updates from them on Facebook since 2019, and their email address is bouncing back...
Sponsored