Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
What the heck is custom shop?
Follow the link. I'd read on this board that Jeep was buying a big facility for customization. It looks like they're the ones doing the half doors as well as the rest of the Mopar order options.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The pseudo vent window aesthetic is a turn-off. It wasn't evident on prior generations of soft upper designs. Why now on the JL?

Having done it on my YJ, I acknowledge the modest effort required to tuck the folded-down clear windows in a neat manner, but it's hardly a difficult task. Is that the reason behind the introduction of a smaller square vinyl window?

I do wonder if the vertical strip of material that divides the clear vinyl panels will foul the driver's full view of the left and/or right side mirrors, also.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The pseudo vent window aesthetic is a turn-off. It wasn't evident on prior generations of soft upper designs. Why now on the JL?

Having done it on my YJ, I acknowledge the modest effort required to tuck the folded-down clear windows in a neat manner, but it's hardly a difficult task.

I do wonder if the vertical strip of material that divides the clear vinyl panels will foul the driver's full view of the left and/or right side mirrors, also.
Apparently if you close a JK half door with the window down it can crease the vinyl. There is speculation that this split window design solved the problem. I agree is looks odd and probably interferes with the mirror. Frankly I plan to have the uppers off mine unless its raining, so I could care less.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sorry, I didn't figure it was just a pamphlet. Thanks for the info

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this. It really clears up the last status update I got from FCA stating:

"At this present time, your vehicle is built pending installation of additional features or optional equipment."
I know when I ordered my 2021 I added the Heavy Duty Rock Slider, can't recall what they called it "body vendor" or something but added about 3 weeks more to delivery

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Today, it looks like we can now select either Base or Premium from the online configurator. Note that if selecting Premium, there is an additional Tops option choice required of either the Black Hard Top or Body-Color.

Premium Uppers photo from the build sites Packages section:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Preimium Uppers

Sponsored

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Today, it looks like we can now select either Base or Premium from the online configurator. Note that if selecting Premium, there is an additional Tops option choice required of either the Black Hard Top or Body-Color.

Premium Uppers photo from the build sites Packages section:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20210128_095840
Nice! Thank You.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can't wait to see them! The mock up looks good

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20210128_095840

Half door mock ups are showing on the Configurator; this is my (base uppers) order! Was told it's leaving the factory 03 Feb 2021.... Hopefully that's accurate!
Hope it doesn't come like this.

jeep.jpg

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase