Jamie Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok - bringing this back alive. I really like the look of the rear tier carrier mount for the HI Lift. However, my lady barely fits in the garage as it stands today. SO - that leaves me to believe with the amount it sticks over the HT, she wont fit with the jack on.

Any other JLs that have explored different exterior or interior mount options recently?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Like the Dominion Offroad the best - keep sit out of the elements and the way. However, as heavy as those are, just how practical is it to get in and out with either the soft top or hard top in place? Seem sthat if there is anything in the back area, it would be difficult to get a wrench on the nuts to dismount and add the very heavy weight to boot.

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I'm not even sure if it's that popular of a mounting location for the jack, but I have been determined to find a way to get my hi lift secured to my side driver door

I thought I found what I was looking for when I came across the EAG version, but when they arrived, they were much more curved than the picture online. Because of the curve, the jack struck out forward towards the front too much and made contact with the body when the door was open
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Hi-Lift Mount 1596147905752

I considered the new Go Rhino side (cowl area) mount until I heard all the nightmares about install and I was also unsure if it would get in the way of my rock sliders

Then last week, I finally came across the Red Rock Door Hinge Mounting Brackets that are listed for JKs (Link Below). They do have a slight curve to them as well, but not as drastic as the EAG version. I threw them on yesterday and they work perfect!. They leave a 1/2 in gap between the jack and the mirror and don't hit the body of the car even when the door is swung wide open. Best part is they were only $55. I hope this helps anyone looking for a side door mount like I was! I have attached a picture below for how it came out

https://www.extremeterrain.com/r3recovery-jeep-wrangler-hi-lift-jack-door-hinge-mounting-brackets-j130914.html?utm_content=XTExterior-Other|RedRock4x4&T5_Var4=J130914&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Vehicle+Medium+RLSA&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw34n5BRA9EiwA2u9k35yk_sKwTjlCFiodyacWTJMQir67JvUz1-iBGpF3JtqJqUUPohot3hoCt5UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Hi-Lift Mount _MG_1107.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Hi-Lift Mount 1596148725344

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Last edited:

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A different option for those with the Jeep Backbone...

20191026_120547.jpg

20191026_120455.jpg

20191026_120430.jpg

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
With the HiLift rubber isolator how much noise would there be?
Im running this mount, Simple fixes to quiet it down. I grabbed some Home AC Link inoculation and cut it to fit under the base plate of the jack, Zip Tied the Slider to the bas plate. Rubbed Isolator and a zip tie on the handle. an old credit card in the gap between the slide and the rail and nylon washers for the two nuts used to secure it and its nice and quiet. Ill post some pics when I get back from a work trip out of town next week.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
This is my favorite location so far... does anyone know any similar setup for the JL?

https://hi-lift.com/hi-lift-under-seat-mount-for-jeep-gladiator/
You don't really need any MOUNT for keeping the HiLift under the rear seat--

Just remove the HiLift FOOT and put the HiLift under the rear seat-VELCRO to a couple of the legs and no rattle

Be sure and keep the SEPERATE FOOT/COTTER KEY handy for possible use !

I carried mine like that for 9 years in my '08 JKUR !

Good luck !

JIMBO

Sponsored

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone using Hi-Lift Jack HM-900 Hood Mount?
It touch the hood.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Hi-Lift Mount scratch hood Screenshot 2021-02-09 09-46-48

ronrodriguez114

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I have the Dominion Offroad mount on a JLU soft top. Thoughts:

• Installation was a breeze.
  • I've had no issue getting the jack off/on due to location or weight. Does require me to get on the bumper / in the back.
  • You'd have to load the back with a lot of gear to not be able to access the bolts.
  • Two bolts, each a different size, requires me to carry two sized wrenches at all times, specifically for this.
  • It's a cheap option.
  • Keeps it out of the elements (when top on).
  • I wonder if it's somehow acting like a strut tower brace having linked the side roll bars with more support.
  • Looks dope af with the top off (everything looks dope af with the top off but this adds some spark).

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I've run the Dominion mount for a couple of years now. I have the ax and shovel add on. I purchased a steel handle shovel at the hardware store and had to shorten it about 4". I use a neoprene cover on the jack to ensure the quiet. I also use a couple of those ball end bungies to keep the jack handle from rattling. I haven't had to use them on the trail yet and I imagine if you use your jack, shovel or ax on a regular basis this mount would be a PITA. I carry them for the "worst case" scenario and hope they live on the Dominion rack forever. The only time I get any rattle is when it hit really a washboard area. Then everything in the Jeep rattles but no complaints with excessive noise just from the jack.
Sponsored