Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Semi-related: Does the 48" Hi-Lift jack fit across fenders in the back of the JLU cargo area behind the seat? Or can it be mounted along one of the sides of the JLU cargo area, with the base facing the back seat, and the top facing the tailgate? I've checked out some JLU's in person but I didn't actually get to take measurements, other than for a car seat.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
BOLT is making a locking side mount for hi-lift. The side mount isn’t my favorite style, but the bolt setup is pretty slick. I love their locks and all their products are very high quality.

Courtjester69

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk Sahara jl Rubicon
I'm waiting for Crooked off road to make one for JL. I have on JK. Doesn't interfere with any top. Keeps jack out of weather.
Screenshot_20181208-200612_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Anyone care to venture how well the Rubicon steel bumpers would fair using the Hi Lift? Haven't used a hi lift before.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The JL STEEL BUMPERS aren't designed to accommodate a HILIFT JACK--

A HILIFT jack MIGHT POSSIBLY HAVE ENOUGH LENGTH ON THE LIFT FOOT- to be able to lift using the bumpers EXACTLY IN LINE WITH THE FRAME ENDS, BUT i DOUBT IT-

I use the rear HITCH when I need the HILIFT in the rear and electric jacks for front/rear tire trouble-

It's not a good idea to mount the HILIFT JACK on THE JEEPS EXTERIOR, especially on the EAST COAST, because of the weather--bad weather over a period of months can ruin the HILIFT JACKING MECHANISM-there have been a lot of INOPERABLE JACKS after being left outside-

AHILIFT " JACKBOX" is a good protective addition--QUADRATEC used to sell them-there's a lotta room in the 4dr JEEP to mount the HILIFT JACK inside- it gets tougher with the 2dr-

Good luck

JIMBO

StoryTellerJ

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Mounted mine on the rear carrier. Made sure it still fits in the garage - with about 1" to spare...

file.jpeg
file1.jpeg
What mount did you use - I'm looking for a tailgate mount and not finding any explicitly for a JL

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What mount did you use - I'm looking for a tailgate mount and not finding any explicitly for a JL
I used a generic JK mount bought on Amazon and just mounted it on the Westin tire carrier I have.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I used a generic JK mount bought on Amazon and just mounted it on the Westin tire carrier I have.
What size hi-lift do you have? I just ordered the Westin bumper with tire carrier and I'm going to order the hi-lift next. I'm assuming it's the 48"? Great looking jeep btw.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What size hi-lift do you have? I just ordered the Westin bumper with tire carrier and I'm going to order the hi-lift next. I'm assuming it's the 48"? Great looking jeep btw.
Yes, 48”. Thanks.

Jungle31

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 and 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Does anyone have the Dominion Stealth mount AND use a TopLift Pro? I'm interested if the jack mount leaves enough room for the TopLift to get under the hard top. TIA.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Does anyone have the Dominion Stealth mount AND use a TopLift Pro? I'm interested if the jack mount leaves enough room for the TopLift to get under the hard top. TIA.
I had both and they did not work. You'd have to take off the jack in order to use the TopLift
Sponsored