First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I had my factory LED installed by the dealer a few weeks ago. I've been getting flashed by oncoming vehicles as though I had my high beams on. I did the 25'/3' test and sure enough I'm about 4' on the wall.

I tried to adjust using the white screw wheel but nothing happens the beam won't go up or down. Same result when I tried adjusting both lights.

I'm very certain I have the screwdriver in correctly as I can see the white wheel turning also.

Am I not doing something correctly ? Solutions?
If the white screw is turning, it should be moving the light. Unless the little gear is stripped out or something else is wrong. You can try taking the light out and check the housing of it while you turn the screw. Youll need to remove the grill and I think 3 or 4 screws for each light then unplug the harness.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I had my factory LED installed by the dealer a few weeks ago. I've been getting flashed by oncoming vehicles as though I had my high beams on. I did the 25'/3' test and sure enough I'm about 4' on the wall.

I tried to adjust using the white screw wheel but nothing happens the beam won't go up or down. Same result when I tried adjusting both lights.

I'm very certain I have the screwdriver in correctly as I can see the white wheel turning also.

Am I not doing something correctly ? Solutions?

You may have a defective headlight. When I first got mine, the driver headlight was aimed WAY too high, like so high it really wasn't a problem for oncoming cars as it was aimed over them, but the adjustment screw would only adjust it higher, it would not go any lower. And yes, I checked all the install screws and everything else was fine. It was replaced under warranty.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You may have a defective headlight. When I first got mine, the driver headlight was aimed WAY too high, like so high it really wasn't a problem for oncoming cars as it was aimed over them, but the adjustment screw would only adjust it higher, it would not go any lower. And yes, I checked all the install screws and everything else was fine. It was replaced under warranty.

I’ll find out tomorrow! Have an appointment with the dealer. Interesting! I purchased my first pair of factory LED from an online authorized Mopar distributor. When the dealership installed those they turned out to be defective and they said no problem we have another set in stock. So they gave me those under warranty. Well I’ll find out tomorrow for sure

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
This will make a visual difference to the driver aswel correct? I know asking sounds stupid but I bought some lights I wouldn’t give away for free for the other persons sake. Currently waiting to buy some kc lights but in the meantime maybe this will help slightly. I can’t see anything when it rains. One light is just about an inch higher then the other probably neither aimed correctly. Thanks for this post tho. Greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
This will make a visual difference to the driver aswel correct? I know asking sounds stupid but I bought some lights I wouldn’t give away for free for the other persons sake. Currently waiting to buy some kc lights but in the meantime maybe this will help slightly. I can’t see anything when it rains. One light is just about an inch higher then the other probably neither aimed correctly. Thanks for this post tho. Greatly appreciated!
IMG_6065.jpg

KC makes a great head light. The projector in the center for the driving light and the Gravity LEDs all along the projector hitting the reflectors for the high beams. Best high beam I've seen. Driver side could be slightly lower for oncoming traffic, then you could have the passenger side little higher. Or even them both out. For the rain, fog, dust, I replaced the stock halogen fog lights with the KC Amber LED fog lights, plus I have a few other Amber lights for when I am not on a city street.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
IMG_6065.jpg

KC makes a great head light. The projector in the center for the driving light and the Gravity LEDs all along the projector hitting the reflectors for the high beams. Best high beam I've seen. Driver side could be slightly lower for oncoming traffic, then you could have the passenger side little higher. Or even them both out. For the rain, fog, dust, I replaced the stock halogen fog lights with the KC Amber LED fog lights, plus I have a few other Amber lights for when I am not on a city street.
This is almost exactly how I want my front end to look when I have all my lights installed. By any chance do you have some night time shots with just the headlights on?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
This is almost exactly how I want my front end to look when I have all my lights installed.
IMG_6115.jpg

Here is a better picture of it from KOH.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
What color are they? Like a yellow or white? Great pic btw looks like that jeeps being out to good use
I missed your question about the headlights on at night. I will work on getting a picture for you. The headlights have a color temp of 5000k natural day light I think. Same as the Pro6 on the bar. The A-Pillar Pro6 are also if I pull the Amber covers off.

The Amber upgrades are listed below. The Amber lights cuts through fog, dust, rain, snow a lot better than white light. White light hits the particles and reflects back. Amber lights cuts through a lot better. The G4 Amber LED fogs, when off, it looks like a normal white fog light, when on, the LED is Amber and the light comes out Amber instead of White.

- G4 Amber LED Fog lights #507
- 10” Flex LED Combo Beam Pattern #275 with Amber Cover #72088 on the Poison Spyder Fairlead 10" Light Bar Mount.
- 2 of the Gravity Pro6 Amber Covers #5112

- Gravity® LED Pro 7" DOT Headlights for Jeep JL/JT 18-20 Pair Pack System - KC #42342

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I missed your question about the headlights on at night. I will work on getting a picture for you. The headlights have a color temp of 5000k natural day light I think. Same as the Pro6 on the bar. The A-Pillar Pro6 are also if I pull the Amber covers off.

The Amber upgrades are listed below. The Amber lights cuts through fog, dust, rain, snow a lot better than white light. White light hits the particles and reflects back. Amber lights cuts through a lot better. The G4 Amber LED fogs, when off, it looks like a normal white fog light, when on, the LED is Amber and the light comes out Amber instead of White.

- 10” Flex LED Combo Beam Pattern #275 with Amber Cover #72088 on the Poison Spyder Fairlead 10" Light Bar Mount.

- Gravity® LED Pro 7" DOT Headlights for Jeep JL/JT 18-20 Pair Pack System - KC #42342
Love the look. I have some visionx lights I would like to put a amber cover on for fog purposes. But I’ll wait to see your pictures of your headlights befor I make my decision. I’m between kc and jw. But I like the kc more at the moment.

Sponsored

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Thought I would update this with my results. I have a 2020 JL Rubicon. I have the LED OEM headlights and fog light package. Turning the adjuster on the LED headlights clockwise does in fact move the headlights up. The adjustment for the LED fog lights is directly on the rear of the light. However, turning the adjusting screw on the fog lights is completely OPPOSITE from the headlights. Clockwise on the fog lights LOWERS the light.

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

Sorry I know this is an old thread but how are you liking the Gravity Pro headlights? Do you mind posting any pictures straight on the front? I’m curious how the fit looks; I’ve seen a lot of other 7”/JK headlights bracketed into the JL and the bezel is very obvious and makes the headlights look too small. It’s been hard to find straight on shots of these though.

Also how are daytime running lights? Do they come out of the center projector lens? Just curious how the DRLs look and how bright they are compared to halo options on the market. Again it’s been hard to find pics specifically showing the DRLs (or at least it looks the same as the low beam to me).

thanks!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

I really like them. I would prefer it to be 9" just because that is what stock is, but I don't see it being an issue with the 7". What I think that makes these lights stand out over the rest, is the high beam. It uses their gravity LEDs to shine back at the reflectors. Other than the projector in the center, the entire rest of it is a reflector. The high beams on these are really nice. Above is a install/review video from when I installed them. Disclaimer, I did work with KC testing these, and they provided me with the lights. It is also explained in the video. If you want to go this route, you can get 10% off the headlights with KCJEEPGEN on their website. If you have Instagram, I can DM and respond faster to you also with pictures and more details @jeep.generation
I also show a comparison between stock halogen and these LEDS at night in the canyon by my house in the video. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or shoot me a DM on Instagram.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
$900? Oh man, some people really love their headlights. :CWL:
I mean really... they are headlights. wtf?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Here is my question, shouldn't the headlights be aimed slightly down if you have lifted the Jeep? I refer to this:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

from when I was using H4's in the JK's, the aiming point depended on how far off the ground the headlights were to start. Haven't been able to find any info on the interweb referring to LED aiming.
Sponsored