Status
Not open for further replies.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Since these don't use the stock fogs, do you get a light out dashboard message leaving these unplugged?

For those wiring into the fogs are you just cutting into the factory wiring on each side for the new lights?

I ask because if I order this I'll likely just mount a 10" light bar and wire it to one of my Aux switches but I don't want a light out message if I leave the factory fog light harnesses left unplugged.
Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Since these don't use the stock fogs, do you get a light out dashboard message leaving these unplugged?

For those wiring into the fogs are you just cutting into the factory wiring on each side for the new lights?

I ask because if I order this I'll likely just mount a 10" light bar and wire it to one of my Aux switches but I don't want a light out message if I leave the factory fog light harnesses left unplugged.

I have no fogs and disconnected at passenger frame rail. No messages.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
OK,

Got the fogs to work behind the skid plate.
I hung them from the winch plate with a 1 inch aluminum spacer I painted black.
I used KC flex singles and wired directly to OEM fog wiring.

I will be putting the duals just inside the bull bar.
Will post those pics tomorrow if I get to them.

Here's the photos of the many times asked question, "Can I install fog lights in the skid plate of this front bumper"?

Well sir,..yes. Yes you can.

:)

Last one is fogs only with Halos on, pretty cool effect in person.

So, Bobby, does this qualify me for a Motobilt hat or shirt? Just askin'.
You did notice the diff covers, yes?

20190209_155657.jpg

20190209_163901.jpg

20190209_164734.jpg

20190209_181106.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Absolutely LOVE your bumpers, just wished it had OEM foglight holes (or ones for baja design lights) and two holes at the top in front of the winch for accessory lights. I can tell you that A LOT of people are looking for a bumper like that, recessed winch, stubby (or OEM steel width), prerunner bullball, foglight holes. If you make it, they will buy in droves. The only one that has something like that is Poison Spyder but they only accept square lights in the fog holes and that's a dealbreaker for most, including me. Build it!!!

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And,.....here's the duals mounted.
May post more pics later at night.

As you can see, I have the fogs in the skid plate, (also have the amber lenses, just not sure about them yet), and the duals I put on Aux 2.
So, with these 6 up front, plus my Rigids with side throw on the cowls, my forward throw for bombing at night is complete.

NFR, I feel ya, would have made my Saturday much shorter,....BUT, I can tell you from actually having this bumper, to obtain the setback, it is VERY limited in depth.
There is NO way a standard recessed fog would fit in there without a lot of additional fabrication / frame modification.
I looked into how I could actually do that without a full re-weld, I didn't see anything I was willing to go through just for OEM fogs.
As for installing lights in front of winch, there's not a lot of meat right there, and to add more would mean a winch wouldn't go in.
There was only about an inch where I located my duals, and it gets thinner moving toward center.
Then, One has to ask the REAL question, which is, am I wanting fog lights so bad I am willing to sacrifice structural integrity?
So, unfortunately, with this bumper, having a setback, the sacrifice is to have no fogs, surface mounted fogs, or do something similar to my approach and hang them from the winch plate.
Maybe ask Motobilt to leave out the lower skid vents so we could fab our own? Dunno,....

One idea from all of this for the Motobilt crew is this; you could utilize your winch plate for attachment, and instead of doing the 3 vents on each side, which also serve as highlift points, (oh yeah, that), maybe do just the 2 inner vents, (1 on each side) and perhaps offer a conical / square option for fogs down at the skid plate at each end.
Again, this is all hypothetical, because now we are talking additional R&D costs, not to mention the many types of fog light attachment types.
I think it gets a bit much,..but that's my .02

20190210_151630.jpg

Sponsored

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, so you guys liked my post,.....where's my hat?
dammit

I'm calling Marcus over at River City,........

:)

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Truth. I'd buy in a heartbeat if I could keep my OEM fogs.

Best option that I can find right now is the LOD Signature - but I love the looks of this @Motobilt option.

Unfortunately, I'll probably be pulling the trigger on a factory Mopar steeel bumper due to lack of options that meet my criteria (this Motobilt option hits all of them except for factory fogs):

1. Stubby (willing to stretch a tad into "mid-width" territory but prefer stubby)
2. Recessed winch mount
3. Mid-height bull bar
4. Factory fogs
Nice post. Looking at same thing. Love this bumper with OEM fogs as I'm not as creative as other to add my own.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks for the business everyone! Free Shipping going right now too
Motobilt.com

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Will this bumper have holes and mounts for the stock fog lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.