Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
We appreciate all of the orders. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Motobilt
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
@Motobilt, here is my fog setup with OEM LED fog lights. Mounts are made from 4" OD x 0.120" (11ga) wall HREW tubing.
IMG_20190708_135035063_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190708_135241879_HDR.jpg
How's the light output with the fogs recessed like that? Any noticeable difference than factory? This is a pretty slick setup! I'd get rid of my factory OEM steel bumper if this was available.

@Motobilt Are you going to let this guy show you up?!?!

I'm just giving you crap Motobilt, I know you guys make top shelf stuff.

Last edited:

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
And then start powder coating them so we don't have to have our Jeeps down for a few days.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
How's the light output with the fogs recessed like that? Any noticeable difference than factory? This is a pretty slick setup! I'd get rid of my factory OEM steel bumper if this was available.

@Motobilt Are you going to let this guy show you up?!?!

I'm just giving you crap Motobilt, I know you guys make top shelf stuff.
I don't notice a difference in light output. The bottom edge of the fog light is only recessed about 5/8". The top half of the fog light has the beam cut off to keep the light low, so the deeper recess on top doesn't hurt much.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
If I had the proper tools I would help you guys out. I cut the holes with a jigsaw and cut the tubing by hand (lol). I bought a 12" piece of tubing and used about 1/2 of it. I cut a roughly 6" piece in half on a 45 degree angle. The lights are held on by 4 pieces of tapped (M4) 1/2" rod welded around the outside of the tubing (I'll try and get a picture of this). I tapped the rods off center and screwed four pieces to each light. Then I rotated each rod until it touched the tubing with the light centered and tacked them in place. The rest was just a lot of filing for proper fit, some TIG welding, and some flap disc on the 4" grinder. I think all of this would be super easy for @Motobilt with their CNC laser cutters, etc.

UPDATE:

Here's a picture of how the lights are mounted. They are angled down about 5 degrees (looks like more in the picture) to keep water from puddling in the recess (probably could have made a small notch on the edge the light mounts against too).
IMG_20190708_194835610.jpg

Nice job thinking outside the box,..uh,....tube,...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.