Not open for further replies.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Thank you to all that have ordered from us recently. We really appreciate the business.
59533638_1901683859931575_7348316253179609088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
Not to hijack it here, but who's skid plate system is that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Not to hijack it here, but who's skid plate system is that?
That's our new Motobilt Bell Pan. We haven't released it yet but its pretty awesome. We will post more about it soon along with our new fenders.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
That's our new Motobilt Bell Pan. We haven't released it yet but its pretty awesome. We will post more about it soon along with our new fenders.
That's what I was hoping to hear! Looking forward to seeing more of it!

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Here is my crusher fog setup. $26 on Amazon for 2" 20w/light fogs that closely match the OEM output/color and $20 for mag mounts that make the setup adjustable if I go with different lights later. $13 for adapters to splice the new fogs into the oem fog plugs. I can share links if anyone is interested.

20190522_122608.jpg
20190522_122557.jpg
20190522_131814.jpg
20190522_122553.jpg

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Eddie very nice. I've seen multiple jeepers looking for stubby, fog, w/ recess winch. This is great solution for an awesome bumper. I'd like to see the parts list for sure.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Eddie very nice. I've seen multiple jeepers looking for stubby, fog, w/ recess winch. This is great solution for an awesome bumper. I'd like to see the parts list for sure.
Thanks man! Here you go.

Fogs (anything bigger than 2" will not fit)
2 pc AVEC 2" Cubix series 18w LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRFBM8H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Fog light adapters (cut the DT end off and splice into bare wire of fogs). *Flip the wiring so black goes to red and red to black into the lights.
GTINTHEBOX 2PCS Heavy Duty... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLYNW9R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Solder heatshrink connectors are perfect for this.
Heat Shrink Solder Seal Wire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K6ZRPLK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Mag mounts (remove the brackets). There are cheaper (smaller) ones like this but these are super strong and absolutely will not move unless you make them, I can't vouch for the smaller diameter ones out there.
AKD Part Tube clamp, 2pcs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NH5DSN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I mulled over my bumper choice for weeks and tried a handful of different fogs to find a good fit. I saw someone mention running a light bar off one fog plug, my Jeep did not like anything too far beyond beyond the range of the oem led fogs which I believe are closer to 20w each. My testing shows they will run good up to ~50w but I wouldn't go much further, definitely not a 100w-200w+ light bar. The Jeep will power the wire for a few seconds and then cut power if you try to push it too much. Like others said the Jeep doesn't care if only one light plug is used though, which is good.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks man! Here you go.

2 pc AVEC 2" Cubix series 18w LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRFBM8H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Fog light adapters (cut the DT end off and splice into bare wire of fogs). *Flip the wiring so black goes to red and red to black into the lights.
GTINTHEBOX 2PCS Heavy Duty... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLYNW9R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Heat Shrink Solder Seal Wire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K6ZRPLK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Mag mounts (remove the brackets). There are cheaper (smaller) ones like this but these are super strong and absolutely will not move unless you make them, I can't vouch for the smaller diameter ones out there.
AKD Part Tube clamp, 2pcs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NH5DSN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I mulled over my bumper choice for weeks and tried a handful of different fogs to find a good fit. I saw someone mention running a light bar off one fog plug, my Jeep did not like anything too far beyond beyond the range of the oem led fogs which I believe are closer to 20w each. My testing shows they will run good up to ~50w but I wouldn't go much further, definitely not a 100w-200w+ light bar. The Jeep will power the wire for a few seconds and then cut power if you try to push it too much. Like others said the Jeep doesn't care if only one light plug is used though, which is good.

Enjoy!
We appreciate the write up!

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man! Here you go.

Enjoy!

Thank you!

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We appreciate the write up!
Would be cool if you guys could make the skid accept the OEM fogs, that way the bumper can remain fogless and have the sunken winch, but we can still utilize our OEM (or OEM replacement like baja) in the skid. I know I'd just on it 100%.

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
The Motobilt Jeep Wrangler JL "Crusher" recessed winch bumper with bull bar will provide you the ultimate in protection and recovery. The bumper allows you to secure your winch down low in between the frame rails. The winch bolt pattern will accept multiple style winches up to a Warn Zeon.

The high clearance design includes a built in skid plate also. The bumper is made from 3/16" thick steel plate that is laser cut at Motobilt HQ then cnc bent. The bumper uses 3/4" thick laser cut d ring mounts that pass through the bumper and are welded both inside and out. These d ring mounts accept many common sizes of recovery shackles (not included). This setup provides for superior strength.

The bull bar is made out of 1 3/4" DOM steel tubing. This is the same material used for roll cages and tube chassis so it is built for strength. The shorter design of the bull bar provides good looks and protects your winch.

The bumper measures in at just 46"s at its widest point. and provides ample clearnace for 40" tires.

The bumper will ship bare metal and will need to be painted or powder coated once you receive it. It comes with all the necessary mounting hardware.

31589264_1639398992781221_5684845431977148416_n.jpg

32702611_1639398692781251_8977122526480039936_n.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg
Great looking bumper and I would buy one but I cannot be bothered to have painted or powder coated myself. I don't have the time

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
@Motobilt, here is my fog setup with OEM LED fog lights. Mounts are made from 4" OD x 0.120" (11ga) wall HREW tubing.
IMG_20190708_135035063_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190708_135241879_HDR.jpg
Wow, nicely done! I've envisioned it, but it hasn't made it anywhere near the top of my priority list to actually make it happen. Not sure I have the skill set to execute it that cleanly either. Would you be willing to do it again?...

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Motobilt, here is my fog setup with OEM LED fog lights. Mounts are made from 4" OD x 0.120" (11ga) wall HREW tubing.
IMG_20190708_135035063_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190708_135241879_HDR.jpg
Simply amazing. I'm doing good to put the twist tie back on the bread. Well done! I'd pay for labor and shipping if interested.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Wow, nicely done! I've envisioned it, but it hasn't made it anywhere near the top of my priority list to actually make it happen. Not sure I have the skill set to execute it that cleanly either. Would you be willing to do it again?...
Simply amazing. I'm doing good to put the twist tie back on the bread. Well done! I'd pay for labor and shipping if interested.
If I had the proper tools I would help you guys out. I cut the holes with a jigsaw and cut the tubing by hand (lol). I bought a 12" piece of tubing and used about 1/2 of it. I cut a roughly 6" piece in half on a 45 degree angle. The lights are held on by 4 pieces of tapped (M4) 1/2" rod welded around the outside of the tubing (I'll try and get a picture of this). I tapped the rods off center and screwed four pieces to each light. Then I rotated each rod until it touched the tubing with the light centered and tacked them in place. The rest was just a lot of filing for proper fit, some TIG welding, and some flap disc on the 4" grinder. I think all of this would be super easy for @Motobilt with their CNC laser cutters, etc.

UPDATE:

Here's a picture of how the lights are mounted. They are angled down about 5 degrees (looks like more in the picture) to keep water from puddling in the recess (probably could have made a small notch on the edge the light mounts against too).
IMG_20190708_194835610.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.