Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Motobilt, please keep the new bumper tight to the frame for best approach angle and see if it's possible to recess the fogs below the winch in the skid area. I'm going to wait and see what you come up with, even though I need a bumper now, because the Crusher looks to good.
That works, we'll see what we can do!!
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@Motobilt, please keep the new bumper tight to the frame for best approach angle and see if it's possible to recess the fogs below the winch in the skid area. I'm going to wait and see what you come up with, even though I need a bumper now, because the Crusher looks to good.
I agree. If those fogs could be mounted just to the outside of the d rings, this bumper would be the best ever. It looks so good but I just don't want to loose my LED fogs.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
@Motobilt I have the factory LED also, would've bought a bumper over labor day if you would've had the option. We paid good money for the led options, dont want to just throw them away and buy a light bar and mount. This is not being critical of your fine products, i'm just waiting for y'all to make it!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Motobilt I have the factory LED also, would've bought a bumper over labor day if you would've had the option. We paid good money for the led options, dont want to just throw them away and buy a light bar and mount. This is not being critical of your fine products, i'm just waiting for y'all to make it!!
I completely understand. We really appreciate all the feedback guys!!

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I need a front bumper that will accept factory non led fogs

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I am with others in wanting fog light cut outs. Also a variant with a solid top plate with no recessed winch mount or allow for top mount.

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks for all the orders we really appreciate it!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Any plans for a full width style? I know its not the most Rock Crawl type of bumper but for overloading I prefer a full width.

Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Beautiful bumper. Add me to the "wish it had provisions for factory LED fogs" group, though I'd prefer them to be outboard of the d-ring mounts rather than built into the skid plate. In all honesty, I'm not yet familiar enough with the ins and outs of the JL frame/bumper mounting situation to know if this is even feasible. I'm slowly transitioning back into the Wrangler world after a 20 year affair with my XJ. :)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they would need to be recessed. I don't think it would cause any more lip than the six rectangular holes that are already there. The Artec Nighthawk JL bumper has fogs below the winch on the skid area, so it must not be too much of a problem. I personally really like the looks of the Motobilt bumpers, but don't want to lose my fogs. I think quite a few others feel the same.
Same here. Keeping my LED fog lights is my number 2 priority in a new bumper.
1. Stubby length with mid bull bar / stinger / grill guard
2. Accepts led fog lights
3. Lower skid plate
4. Low profile winch mount.

Right now it seems Artec and Poison Spyder have bumpers that meet them all, but I actually like the look of the motobilt much better. I plan to hold off a while in hopes a new one comes out that has a fog option. (Would even consider a 2x2 replacement fog requirement as long as it was built in)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
That red JLUR looks awesome! Just needs some good flat / tube fenders.

Really shows the difference between stock and modified.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
The Motobilt Jeep Wrangler JL "Crusher" recessed winch bumper with bull bar will provide you the ultimate in protection and recovery. The bumper allows you to secure your winch down low in between the frame rails. The winch bolt pattern will accept multiple style winches up to a Warn Zeon.

The high clearance design includes a built in skid plate also. The bumper is made from 3/16" thick steel plate that is laser cut at Motobilt HQ then cnc bent. The bumper uses 3/4" thick laser cut d ring mounts that pass through the bumper and are welded both inside and out. These d ring mounts accept many common sizes of recovery shackles (not included). This setup provides for superior strength.

The bull bar is made out of 1 3/4" DOM steel tubing. This is the same material used for roll cages and tube chassis so it is built for strength. The shorter design of the bull bar provides good looks and protects your winch.

The bumper measures in at just 46"s at its widest point. and provides ample clearnace for 40" tires.

The bumper will ship bare metal and will need to be painted or powder coated once you receive it. It comes with all the necessary mounting hardware.

31589264_1639398992781221_5684845431977148416_n.jpg

32702611_1639398692781251_8977122526480039936_n.jpg
That’s a nice bumper but I couldn’t help but focus on the tires in that photo
What are they?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.