Sponsored

Jeep JL, Fridge tiedown without a slider rack...is there a good solution?

liventune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Folks,

We are looking at a dometic or arb fridge and would like to avoid a dedicated slider rack AAL/Goose etc. for the fridge etc. at this time.

is there a decent tie down solution that allows is secure the fridge without any slider rack/systems when needed.
Sponsored

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Most fridges have a solid mount solution., available from the manufacturer.

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Depending on the fridge you're considering, it may not be possible to fully open it inside the jeep. My the dometic 45 I had needed to be slid out.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I use a Nite Ize CamJam XT Aluminum Rope Tightener on the fridge handles and attach them to the metal tie down rings that are already there.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Dometic CFX3-45 Power Cooler, PB40 Battery & Tie down Kit.
I too, did not want to commit to a permanent slide drawer system as I want access to the storage compartment near the tailgate. I place my cooler (longer side, driver to passenger) and use the straps from the kit to the existing anchor points of the cargo area, thread the straps through the handle of the battery to the handles of the cooler to secure everything in place. I am able to open the lid, utilize the rear seats, if needed and still have access to the storage compartment by the tailgate. There is additional space around the cooler for additional cargo. I did not use/need the anchors provided in the kit.
https://www.dometic.com/en-us/outdo...olers/accessories/dometic-tie-down-kit-209703

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
No need to buy anchors that you throw away!

I use my 1" NRS straps, which are designed for lashing boats to roof racks and are rated Mean Breaking Strength 1500 pounds. I do position the fridge (Dometic 45 or Iceco Go20) lengthwise along the right rear fender, with a foam pipe insulator along the bottom to maintain an air space for needed ventilation.

I have multiple lengths, so that I can anally pick the length that has a minimum loose end. So far I have found the standard lashing points in the cargo area to be sufficient.

The straps occasionally go on sale on the NRS website,

REI carries them as well.

1.5" Heavy Duty straps are also available with a 2,000 MBS.

Be sure to watch the video on how to roll straps for storage:

Have fun out there!

OP
OP

liventune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
No need to buy anchors that you throw away!

I use my 1" NRS straps, which are designed for lashing boats to roof racks and are rated Mean Breaking Strength 1500 pounds. I do position the fridge (Dometic 45 or Iceco Go20) lengthwise along the right rear fender, with a foam pipe insulator along the bottom to maintain an air space for needed ventilation.

I have multiple lengths, so that I can anally pick the length that has a minimum loose end. So far I have found the standard lashing points in the cargo area to be sufficient.

The straps occasionally go on sale on the NRS website,

REI carries them as well.

1.5" Heavy Duty straps are also available with a 2,000 MBS.

Be sure to watch the video on how to roll straps for storage:

Have fun out there!
thx. much appreciated. will check them out.

OP
OP

liventune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I have the Dometic CFX3-45 Power Cooler, PB40 Battery & Tie down Kit.
I too, did not want to commit to a permanent slide drawer system as I want access to the storage compartment near the tailgate. I place my cooler (longer side, driver to passenger) and use the straps from the kit to the existing anchor points of the cargo area, thread the straps through the handle of the battery to the handles of the cooler to secure everything in place. I am able to open the lid, utilize the rear seats, if needed and still have access to the storage compartment by the tailgate. There is additional space around the cooler for additional cargo. I did not use/need the anchors provided in the kit.
https://www.dometic.com/en-us/outdo...olers/accessories/dometic-tie-down-kit-209703
thx. so much looks like decent solution for my needs. do you happen to have a picture and does this fridge open inside the jeep easily?

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No pictures on hand. I’ll have to work on that. The lid will open plenty enough to get items in/out, but not all the way (best guess 45 degrees). You have to hold it or prop it open.
Sponsored