Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Insurance does not often cover stupid mistakes. I drove through a river and flooded $7000 of computers that ran the car in the river.
most accidents fall under the "stupid mistakes" category

any legit insurance company will cover that stupid mistake

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Man, I’ve never even flat towed my jeep and I know- transfer case in neutral, jeep in 5th or 6th gear (manual transmission). Not that I have to worry about it because I don’t flat tow.

I would imagine that this person tried to put it in neutral from 4-Lo and didn’t complete the transfer, or tried to put it in neutral from 4-Hi and went too far... or they just forgot altogether? Who knows. Expensive mistake.
switched the selector after hooked up to the trailer, prob was not cranked or made it into neutral, thus....

doubt they just cruised up in 4wL

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’d like to have seen the debris pile that fiasco left behind.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You would think that would make a bunch of noise and it might pull hard....like dragging the wheels...geez
Oh, it most certainly did. Wife wouldn't let him order a 392, because "you already have a Rubicon Wrangler". So he hooked it up, cranked the stereo, and leaned into it until it was pulling easy and enough miles had been munched for him to not have to deal with the oil mess. Lol!

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You would think that would make a bunch of noise and it might pull hard....like dragging the wheels...geez
If he had a 35’ or longer diesel pusher motorhome towing that Jeep I doubt he would hear or feel anything behind that rear mounted diesel motor.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Insurance does not often cover stupid mistakes. I drove through a river and flooded $7000 of computers that ran the car in the river.
Why wouldn’t insurance cover it? They cover damage when one is stupid enough to hit a vehicle directly in front of them.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
If he had a 35’ or longer diesel pusher motorhome towing that Jeep I doubt he would hear or feel anything behind that rear mounted diesel motor.
That was my exact thought, big motorhome towing that Jeep down the interstate at 80 mph with a drivetrain parts breadcrumb trail leading to a major screw up. While the motorhome driver is unaware of what is going on behind him.
Sponsored