Jeep JL Credit it Deserves!

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
No "Need" for LED lights. Just get some upgraded Halogen bulbs, and the problem is solved. This way, you save about $1000 dollars, no chance at flickering bulbs, and no issues driving in snow.
Now, good tires are almost a must. The factory ones suck, offroad, unless they are the takeoffs, BFG KO's, from a Rubicon.
I did both, on my Sport S, and couldnt be happier.
At a very minimum, upgrading the stock halogens is a must, regardless of your choice of upgrade.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Unpopular opinion: I welcome the bronco. Iā€™m genuinely excited to see them out in the wild and I canā€™t wait to see one off road. I will wave at them, trail ride with them, and talk shit along the way. Theyā€™re not the vehicle for me, but they will absolutely be the better choice for a lot of current Jeep owners.
It really comes down to what kind of ride you are comfortable with and what you plan on doing with it. I think even most Wrangler owners agree that the suspension setup on the Bronco should lead to a better ride on-road. For the vast majority of buyers, this may be a deciding factor.

Either way, competition is always good for consumers. I hope that this will get Jeep to do an even bigger mid-cycle upgrade than they would have ā€¦ I can see this battle going on for the next decade and all of us will benefit.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
5EE24D4A-1C24-4521-AF13-768C8C76C093.jpeg

Really shocked how a vehicle that can do this stock and drive on road so beautifully isnā€™t talked about more on social media and car reviewers on YouTube. The Jeep JL to me is just remarkable! Your Thoughts?
I believe the JL is talked about enough. Countless awards year over year. The most recognizable vehicle on the planet (at least, the 2 door JL Wrangler) a true 4x4 body-on-frame convertible and reverse-engineered to create the new Ford Bronco. My 97 TJ as pictured in my profile pic gave me an identity and women could not get enough of it. (My friend would refer to it as a "Chick magnet")
Do not know if the 4 door version is as sexy, it depends on individual taste I suppose...... I imagine whoever created the 4 door JK got a nice promotion and bonus from Daimler Chrysler at the time since the 4 door Wrangler has become a resounding success and made the brand more accessible to buyers who would have normally shied away from a 2 door Wrangler. I truly miss my TJ however, my sights are on a new 2 door JL Rubicon real soon with hopefully the factory installed 35" inch wheel and tire package.

Last edited:

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
15 years ago, I cross-shopped Jeep Wrangler versus Nissan Xterra for a daily driver, and the Xterra won out for practicality. I already had a fun sports car I was keeping - I thought I should be practical and pragmatic with my daily driver. The Xterra held more cargo, was more economical, was faster and quicker, and was more comfortable. But after two years of JL ownership, if I could go back in time, I would tell my younger self to get the JK, save up for the JL, sell the JK, and get a JL.

The Wrangler is one of those vehicles out of all the ones I've driven/rented/owned which really bring a huge smile to my face and even make me LOL with how fun it is. I hope I live long enough to buy the next generation JM Jeep Wrangler!
I had a TJ soft top with a manual that I traded in for a brand new Xterra supercharged with a manual. I loved that Nissan and I kept it for more than 6 years. Only traded it in for a larger family SUV with an auto and stability control system to keep wife and kids safe. But I agree with you, if Wranglers came with four doors back in 2000, I probably would have kept my TJ a lot longer.

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Credit it Deserves! 20200817_183708

Really shocked how a vehicle that can do this stock and drive on road so beautifully isnā€™t talked about more on social media and car reviewers on YouTube. The Jeep JL to me is just remarkable! Your Thoughts?
you sir have a beautiful Jeep!! šŸ‘šŸ»

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Dalton - It depends on what unit you switch to. I went with the Oracle Oculus, and it was quite easy. As for the snow, I havenā€™t found it to be a huge problem so far during snowy trips to the mountain. However, we donā€™t tend to have the heavy, damp type of snow that many get.
Not to derail, but we will soon be releasing a heated-lens version of the Oculus Bi-LED headlights FYI! They are designed to combat those snowy, icy conditions that can be a concern for some. More info: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...n-a-heated-oculus-led-headlight-option.62996/

But we agree with OP! The JL is a pretty rad vehicle and luckily has been getting more attention recently.

-Rachel
Sponsored