Jeep JL cargo nets?

tct34aol

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Anybody found a good cargo net for jeep JL?

thanks
TT
Sponsored

SD JLR

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JLR)

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have a 2 door. I put the back seats in and carry 2 passengers in the back. All 4 of us have day packs.

I found a net to put in the back. When I open the tailgate, I do not want the day packs to fall out.

Problem 1: There is nowhere up high to tie the net. I used bungy cord around the sports bars up high but its not a great solution as there is no tie down point there.

Problem 2: The tie downs on the floor are quite some distance from the sides. It would be better if they were nearer the sides.

If a net were made to fit in the back of the 2 door with clever tie down ideas I would get one!

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

thanks
TT
Todd:

Only because there's so few accessories to buy for a Wrangler, and so much money to go around for buying them ;) there's Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/36-in-x-60-in-extended-bed-mini-truck-cargo-net-69618.html

"Where the warranty is: just buy another one if/when the first one breaks because you can afford it."

Seriously: mission critical parts of your rig: go with time tested brands: cargo net, consider saving money, (unless it's holding mission critical parts of your rig.) ;)

OP
OP

tct34aol

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

thanks
TT
Hi all,
Went with the RT-TCZ cargo mesh system....haven’t installed it yet, no instructions or video, so i will try to muddle through it today.

Todd

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does anyone use the Raingler nets as attic storage on a hard top? If yes, could you provide pictures? @Raingler Nets

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone use the Raingler nets as attic storage on a hard top? If yes, could you provide pictures?
I have a 2 door. I installed a net to be used as a shelf. It is designed as quick release. Also I can move it back and forth as I see fit. See photo.

You asked about a ceiling net. The top of the photo shows a ceiling net. This is a bungy material with a stick for stiffening. When I put something there it stretches and obscures my rear view. I need a net like the shelf which does not stretch.

I have been looking at Raingler nets. They are expensive but they can be ordered to almost any size.

They seem pricey so I have not ordered yet....................................

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL cargo nets? IMG_1552.JPG

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have a 2 door. I installed a net to be used as a shelf. It is designed as quick release. Also I can move it back and forth as I see fit. See photo.

You asked about a ceiling net. The top of the photo shows a ceiling net. This is a bungy material with a stick for stiffening. When I put something there it stretches and obscures my rear view. I need a net like the shelf which does not stretch.

I have been looking at Raingler nets. They are expensive but they can be ordered to almost any size.

They seem pricey so I have not ordered yet....................................

IMG_1552.JPG
Right. I’d like to see how functional a raingler is as a ceiling net to store sleeping bags, jackets, etc. They don’t have pictures on their website of it being used on a hard top. And yes, they are pricey. I don’t want to order one, not have it work out and then have to go through a return process.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right. I’d like to see how functional a raingler is as a ceiling net to store sleeping bags, jackets, etc.
My thinking was to store jackets, jumpers, woolies, gloves, rain jacket, etc to keep them above the main cargo. A sleeping bag would block the rear view. I'll post here as things develop.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
My thinking was to store jackets, jumpers, woolies, gloves, rain jacket, etc to keep them above the main cargo. A sleeping bag would block the rear view. I'll post here as things develop.
Yeah same. Keep me posted and I will as well.