OP
Jeepstrangler

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'll look forward to that! Now if I can just figure out why my bluetooth does not automatically connect.
First unplug your CarPlay2Air, then You want to tell your phone to forget the Uconnect device under your Bluetooth Setting. This is the one your Jeep is broadcasting. Once forgotten plug the CP2A in and connect to its Bluetooth signal. It will do its thing and should fix your issue. I found there was a conflict in my phone between the two different Bluetooth signals.
Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
So, I think I've got things working pretty well now, with one exception:

It does not appear I can plug into any of the 3 USB ports in my JL in order to charge my phone without knocking out the wireless CarPlay. Are you able to plug in to charge and still maintain the wireless?

Update: I ordered a fast charger flush mount USB socket for the dash cigarette socket. That will enable me to charge the phone, and faster than using the standard USB ports in the vehicle.

Also, is the playback volume significantly lower through your wireless connection than radio volume? I notice that when I switch between radio and CarPlay the CarPlay volume is much lower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepstrangler

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So, I think I've got things working pretty well now, with one exception:

It does not appear I can plug into any of the 3 USB ports in my JL in order to charge my phone without knocking out the wireless CarPlay. Are you able to plug in to charge and still maintain the wireless?

Update: I ordered a fast charger flush mount USB socket for the dash cigarette socket. That will enable me to charge the phone, and faster than using the standard USB ports in the vehicle.

Also, is the playback volume significantly lower through your wireless connection than radio volume? I notice that when I switch between radio and CarPlay the CarPlay volume is much lower.
I haven’t noticed it to be honest. After reading your post I checked and didn’t see any change. Also I use the USB C port to charge and it doesn’t disconnect. I have not tried the port in the center console yet. But will tomorrow. I know if I plug into the USB A port in the media slot, it kicks me off because then stereo then want to connect to Apple CarPlay that way.

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Strange. Mine kicks me off when I plug into any of the 3 ports. Oh well. At least I have the cigarette socket to charge.

Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
On another note, if updates are required to the wireless unit, would you just plug a thumb drive with the update into either of the USB ports on the dash media center?

OP
OP
Jeepstrangler

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
On another note, if updates are required to the wireless unit, would you just plug a thumb drive with the update into either of the USB ports on the dash media center?
No updates are downloaded through your phone. You log into the device using an IP address. It will then download updates. I’m going to contact them about the issue with multiple device connection. See if they can modify the software so it won’t disconnect

OP
OP
Jeepstrangler

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Update instruction:

Connect your phone to the adapter and wait until CarPlay appears on the screen.
Enter 192.168.50.2 in your browser and click “Go.”
If you see an update available, click it.
Wait until the update bar reaches 100%.
When CarPlay reappears on the screen, you’re done!

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'll try this tonight.

And I hope they are receptive re: fixing the multiple device connection issue.

Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
no problem, I just ordered one for my Toyota Tacoma I’m hoping I’ll be able to do something similar with it like I did with our jeep.
Just wanted to let you know in case you were not aware, there is a new update, VER: 2020.07.08.1306.

I reported the charging issue to carplay2air and received an email with instructions for performing a manual update using a flash drive. After doing this, and checking the 192.168.50.2 site, the new update became available.

Let me know if you need the manual instructions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Car Play Project. IMG_F823E4501DC5-1

OP
OP
Jeepstrangler

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to let you know in case you were not aware, there is a new update, VER: 2020.07.08.1306.

I reported the charging issue to carplay2air and received an email with instructions for performing a manual update using a flash drive. After doing this, and checking the 192.168.50.2 site, the new update became available.

Let me know if you need the manual instructions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Car Play Project. IMG_F823E4501DC5-1
Yeah that would be great.
Sponsored