Sponsored

Jeep JL Alpine System - Subwoofer Enclosure Size?

indefire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL MOAB
Does anyone happen to know the exact size of the T20 that holds the subwoofer enclosure to the body? Outlined in red in the picture.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Alpine System - Subwoofer Enclosure Size? alpine-subwoofer-enclosure-6LY67TX7AE-0-ANG
Sponsored

Williamj

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 GPW, 2020 JL Sport
I’m not sure what you’re asking exactly. A T20 is a T20. If Texgoat is on the right track that would be called a security torx. Or do you not have the bolt and need to know the length?

OP
OP

indefire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL MOAB
I’m not sure what you’re asking exactly. A T20 is a T20. If Texgoat is on the right track that would be called a security torx. Or do you not have the bolt and need to know the length?
That is exactly right, I rewired the alpine sub to have only 2ohms resistance to my JL amp with pac AmpPRO and my 6 year old was “helping” me and dropped the t20 somewhere so now the enclosure rattles pretty bad. I was hoping to pick up a replacement at homedepot. Thank you so much for checking for me! I think I can just grab one from the sound bar to take into the store for comparison.

ziff73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR & 2013 BMW M5 (former)
That is exactly right, I rewired the alpine sub to have only 2ohms resistance to my JL amp with pac AmpPRO and my 6 year old was “helping” me and dropped the t20 somewhere so now the enclosure rattles pretty bad. I was hoping to pick up a replacement at homedepot. Thank you so much for checking for me! I think I can just grab one from the sound bar to take into the store for comparison.
this is interesting.

I was contemplating adding JL amp and replacing front and rear speakers and keeping the factory alpine sub connected to the factory alpine amp.

this was for a variety of reasons:
-maybe salvage any ANC (noise cancellation) features coming out of the sub
-not having to replace the factory mopar parts (panels/carpet) to take it out
-not really liking the other options to replace , etc...

how did you rewire the sub to connect to the JL Amp? from what i understand the factory amp has 4 channels going into the factory sub. what Amp are you using? power? whats the power on the factory sub?

thanks.
Sponsored