Jeep JL 3D CAD Files?

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Anyone know how to go about getting 3D CAD files for the JL? I've read on many vendor's websites that they make their parts with the use of CAD files from jeep. I'm trying to track down said CAD files so I can start designing my own parts, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Anyone know how to go about getting 3D CAD files for the JL? I've read on many vendor's websites that they make their parts with the use of CAD files from jeep. I'm trying to track down said CAD files so I can start designing my own parts, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
If you have a part on hand and want to customize it via CAD, you can contact a local CAD designer or shop and they can scan the part using a Stinger arm for a small fee. They will provide you with the file and you can then work off of it on your own from there. It’s quick and usually pretty spot on accurate in terms of dimensions.

OP
OP
Jhawth

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you have a part on hand and want to customize it via CAD, you can contact a local CAD designer or shop and they can scan the part using a Stinger arm for a small fee. They will provide you with the file and you can then work off of it on your own from there. It’s quick and usually pretty spot on accurate in terms of dimensions.
I can generate the OEM parts on my own no problem. I'm just trying to save myself time from measuring, and generating the 3D CAD files of all the OEM parts before I get to designing custom parts.

edit: I've read on multiple vendor websites that they design their aftermarket parts off of 3D CAD files from jeep, or maybe I misread it for that? That's what I'm trying to figure out with this post!

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I have seen a complete iges of the JL before, it may have been in a thread on this forum but I'm not certain.