First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Put a game camera close to where you park. I find that when I need to collect photo/video evidence high resolution really helps. Especially when trying to read a license plate or pick out facial features. Just seeing it happen from afar only confirms what time the crime occurred and doesn’t provide enough information to catch the criminal.
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
We use a combo of devices/services to protect our home, but I agree with some of the others that while alarm systems, camera's and the like may be somewhat of a deterrent, if someone really wants it, they can find a way to get it. I've seen enough security camera footage of people with their heads and faces covered to know that thieves aren't that scared of cameras. As someone else already pointed out, the most effective thing you can do for yourself is to have good coverage. Don't find yourself under-insured on your vehicle, (liability only, or no GAP insurance on a new loan). Document and keep receipts of everything you buy or install on your jeep, (and maybe check with your agent to see if you need any "riders" or special addendums for something you've added, like a winch). And try to avoid leaving personal stuff in your vehicle(s). (Wallets, important documents, firearms, computers & phones, and especially irreplaceable stuff like pictures, or jewelry, etc.)

EDIT: I guess that last one about leaving stuff in your vehicle might be pretty obvious for seasoned Wrangler owners, but still important. -Rob

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A great many stolen Wrangler leave the country in shipping containers. Once gone, it’s usually gone for good. Russia, Balkans, some middle east countries and some of those central asian countries.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
A great many stolen Wrangler leave the country in shipping containers. Once gone, it’s usually gone for good. Russia, Balkans, some middle east countries and some of those central asian countries.
I wonder if that applies to the newer models given all the computer parts. GPS tracking, periodic communication with with wireless updates, etc. Or is that not a thing? Can I drive my JT across Eastern Europe no problem like the one guy did in his 2011 JK?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
All they need is a BCM and a matching key from a wrecked one. Plug in the new BCM, push the start button and off you go. Plus many people now leave their fobs in push to start vehicles. Most thieves now push the start button before they try anything else. And if they tow it away, the Russians will figure it out when it gets to port.
Sponsored