L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I agree. The Gladiator's proportions are just off and it affects the appeal of it. The proportions of the J6 are perfect and I just like it a LOT more than the Gladiator.
Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I still want a J6! More than any other JL/JT configuration. Jeep is going crazy with so many offerings. Jeep, please add the J6. Why not, Jeep is the money brand of FCA.

I'm bringing this thread back to the forefront of threads for my own selfish needs(?)/wants. I'm trying to draw more attention to the J6. I have a 2014 JKUR. I spent a lot of time on the sister JK forum. My JKUR is built the way I like it, 3" long arm lift, 37's, blah, blah, blah. Once done modding, I stopped visiting Jeep forums. I had no idea the J6 was a concept until about a year after it was shown at Easter Jeep 2019. Perhaps bringing this thread back to the top will expose this concept to more people, and perhaps Jeep will build it (long shot I know). :)
Mopar_JWP_3154 50 percent.jpg
Mopar_JWP_3222 50 percent.jpg
jeep-j6-concept.jpg
This is the perfect small truck. I would by this version if it were made. The gladiator is no truck and I will never buy one.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Couldn't this be done on a 4 door chassis ? Cab close out behind drivers seat, box with a longer bed overhang, same wheelbase and maybe a 12" frame extension ?

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
That J6 looks just right. A real pickup, not a 4 dr sedan with a box in back. If it was in production now, I most likely would have ordered it instead of the 2 dr 80th Ann I'm waiting for.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Couldn't this be done on a 4 door chassis ? Cab close out behind drivers seat, box with a longer bed overhang, same wheelbase and maybe a 12" frame extension ?
Yup, that is exactly what the J6 is as it is built on the Wrangler Unlimited platform. It would be easy peasy for Jeep to make this truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I‘ll chime in: yes, the J6 does look great, and it would also be the right size for European streets and garages - the JT is too long.

And it would be the perfect platform for an overlanding/camping thingo, you know, the ones with the box in the back. At the moment, the only platform for a compact go-everywhere camper seems to be the Toyota HZJ-models.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still want a J6! More than any other JL/JT configuration. Jeep is going crazy with so many offerings. Jeep, please add the J6. Why not, Jeep is the money brand of FCA.

I'm bringing this thread back to the forefront of threads for my own selfish needs(?)/wants. I'm trying to draw more attention to the J6. I have a 2014 JKUR. I spent a lot of time on the sister JK forum. My JKUR is built the way I like it, 3" long arm lift, 37's, blah, blah, blah. Once done modding, I stopped visiting Jeep forums. I had no idea the J6 was a concept until about a year after it was shown at Easter Jeep 2019. Perhaps bringing this thread back to the top will expose this concept to more people, and perhaps Jeep will build it (long shot I know). :)
Mopar_JWP_3154 50 percent.jpg
Mopar_JWP_3222 50 percent.jpg
jeep-j6-concept.jpg
Print thousands of these off and post everywhere.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep J6 - Any Update? 2021 Jeep J6 Flyer

Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would beat down the door of the dealership to get one of these if they announced them. The perfect vehicle in my mind!
Yah, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the dealers lots. The J6 is the type of vehicle that people who were driving by the dealership and saw it would almost get into an accident trying to whip their car around to go back and check it out. It would sell to people who didn't even know they wanted one just based one the emotions it provokes, similar to the Wrangler.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Yah, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the dealers lots. The J6 is the type of vehicle that people who were driving by the dealership and saw it would almost get into an accident trying to whip their car around to go back and check it out. It would sell to people who didn't even know they wanted one just based one the emotions it provokes, similar to the Wrangler.
Yep. It seems like it would cross into a number of markets and age groups.. if they made it more affordable than the gladiator is now, you'd hit college kids/new grads that dont need a lot of room but could use the bed for hauling crap around to new dorms/apartments, etc. You'd catch the third vehicle crowd, the weekend adventurer, etc..

They just perfectly nailed the shorter wheelbase capability, while still giving a useable bed, and then hitting a home run on the aesthetics. I think it'd do well!

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. It seems like it would cross into a number of markets and age groups.. if they made it more affordable than the gladiator is now, you'd hit college kids/new grads that dont need a lot of room but could use the bed for hauling crap around to new dorms/apartments, etc. You'd catch the third vehicle crowd, the weekend adventurer, etc..

They just perfectly nailed the shorter wheelbase capability, while still giving a useable bed, and then hitting a home run on the aesthetics. I think it'd do well!
That's exactly what I did. My parents wouldn't let me buy a car or truck when I was in high school. I started working at the age of 13, saved most of what I made, then bought a Chevy S10 4x4 when I turned 18. Drove it 4 years while going to college, then traded it in for a new one when I got my first professional job. Now, I'm at the point in my life where a small truck would be perfect again. Kids are grown and starting families of their own so I have a lot of time on my hands. I currently use my '12 JKUR as a pickup currently. I don't think I've had the back seat up in 6 years or so.