Sponsored

Jeep. It’s an AWE thing. The AWE Exhaust Suite for the JL/JLU is available now.

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT

Decades of precision engineering for the finest platforms in the world has led us to this: an American-manufactured exhaust lineup for the JL/JLU Wrangler. Perfect fitment, optimum power, patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, rock crawling provisions, aggressive tip options, and a signature soundtrack that only AWE can deliver.

The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™ for the Jeep JL/JLU Gladiator, available now.

PRODUCT THREAD
Sponsored

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What is the expected date? I would love to lose the big muffler in the back.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Is anyone running them yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the Trail Edition and should be delivered Friday. It will be replacing a Dynomax muffler delete pipe. Looking forward to hearing the difference (and hopefully it's worth the $500 difference between the two).

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
Ordered the Trail Edition and should be delivered Friday. It will be replacing a Dynomax muffler delete pipe. Looking forward to hearing the difference (and hopefully it's worth the $500 difference between the two).
Let us know if you have any concerns!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I recently installed the Trail edition cat-back on my 3.6. I am running a RK lift with a track bar relocation bracket (axle side) in the rear. The rear section of pipe has about 1/4" of clearance above the trackbar and about 1/4" of clearance below the sway bar. I can get the pipe tightened down to maintain some clearance but because of the rear rubber mount allows movement it keeps ending up on my sway bar, just barely touching, but enough to vibrate and turn the interior into a giant vibrating sound chamber, obnoxiously so. I know clearances are tight back there and you guys can't possibly account for a million different mods that people are going to throw on their Jeeps, I'm just wondering if anyone else has reported an issue like this to you guys? I'm getting ready for an axle swap and coilover conversion which will change up some things in the rear so I'm just living with it for now but I'm thinking maybe putting a rigid mount on that rear hangar if things end up lining up the same after my mods, thoughts? I can get you guys some pics after work today.

Last edited:

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
I recently installed the Trail edition cat-back on my 3.6. I am running a RK lift with a track bar relocation bracket (axle side) in the rear. The rear section of pipe has about 1/4" of clearance above the trackbar and about 1/4" of clearance below the sway bar. I can get the pipe tightened down to maintain some clearance but because of the rear rubber mount allows movement it keeps ending up on my sway bar, just barely touching, but enough to vibrate and turn the interior into a giant vibrating sound chamber, obnoxiously so. I know clearances are tight back there and you guys can't possibly account for a million different mods that people are going to throw on their Jeeps, I'm just wondering if anyone else has reported an issue like this to you guys? I'm getting ready for an axle swap and coilover conversion which will change up some things in the rear so I'm just living with it for now but I'm thinking maybe putting a rigid mount on that rear hangar if things end up lining up the same after my mods, thoughts? I can get you guys some pics after work today.
Have not had any reports of this, but that doesn't mean others are not experiencing it. Send me some pics via DM when you can!

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No concerns yet.....my 17 yr old son is installing it by himself right now (I'm 7k miles away at work). I do want to give kudos to @Dave/AWE for the visual build quality of the Trail system. My son sent me pics of it and is apparent it's very well made or should I say "crafted". My son said "these welds look awesome and were done by hand".

Also, the serialized plate is a very nice touch! Even better, a Charms Blow-Pop was included! Now that's some customer service. You guys are already making me feel better on spending the $600 for the Trail Edition.

I don't expect to have the same clearance issue that @JimLee has as I'm not using a TB relocation bracket. But I'll let you know if I do.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep. It’s an AWE thing. The AWE Exhaust Suite for the JL/JLU is available now. 64481281127__17618213-C939-46EE-A7C8-D572BA81E3E9

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
No concerns yet.....my 17 yr old son is installing it by himself right now (I'm 7k miles away at work). I do want to give kudos to @Dave/AWE for the visual build quality of the Trail system. My son sent me pics of it and is apparent it's very well made or should I say "crafted". My son said "these welds look awesome and were done by hand".

Also, the serialized plate is a very nice touch! Even better, a Charms Blow-Pop was included! Now that's some customer service. You guys are already making me feel better on spending the $600 for the Trail Edition.

I don't expect to have the same clearance issue that @JimLee has as I'm not using a TB relocation bracket. But I'll let you know if I do.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep. It’s an AWE thing. The AWE Exhaust Suite for the JL/JLU is available now. 64481281127__17618213-C939-46EE-A7C8-D572BA81E3E9
Really appreciate the kind words and I'll be sure to share them with the welders and fab team that are working hard to get through our production queue! Let us know if you need anything else.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I am very interested to hear your thoughts on the sound difference between the two and am also leaning towards the AWE trail edition.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested to hear your thoughts on the sound difference between the two and am also leaning towards the AWE trail edition.
The AWE Trail Edition has a deeper rumble to it vs. the Dynomax delete pipe. The delete pipe was too "raspy" for me. While I liked having it for the increased ground clearance, I was never happy with the sound/tone. The Dynomax didn't drone and neither does the AWE.

The Trail Edition just flat out sounds better, from cold start to high throttle acceleration. My son thinks it is quieter (both inside the cab and out) than the Dynomax, which isn't a bad thing!

If you can afford it, the AWE system is the way to go. You'll get all the benefits of a muffler delete, but with a more refined sounding exhaust. Plus, it will last A LOT longer than the Dynomax.
Sponsored