Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Not sure how many jeep will be charging at once?
I have 76 280 watt panels and it runs 9,900 sqft of 2 homes and a shop + EV car. Todays panels are over 400 watts, so my field could be cut down to 53 panels.
How many square feet is that in total ?
Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Way to miss the point. But nice virtue signal nonetheless.
Just trying to help. As I have both a Solar field and a EV, along with 2 jeeps....... If someone needs help with solar or ev's, I have real world #'s.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
that All depends on how many charges they want to sustain per day And how many at a time.
This is a completely fabricated number based on my beliefs alone and should not be construed as any rational fact. But I don't think that there will be more than two electric Wranglers per day per summer weekend. Maybe 5-6 total charges would happen on a summer week once they have been out in the public for a while. Let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of JL owners will not be taking their Wranglers on the Rubicon, or trails around Moab. Some of us will, but the number of 4xE Wranglers among that group will be very small. I honestly think that Moab will probably see more than the Rubicon. Just because it is far more forgiving for a stock Wrangler. But all of this is merely my opinion.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
This is a completely fabricated number based on my beliefs alone and should not be construed as any rational fact. But I don't think that there will be more than two electric Wranglers per day per summer weekend. Maybe 5-6 total charges would happen on a summer week once they have been out in the public for a while. Let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of JL owners will not be taking their Wranglers on the Rubicon, or trails around Moab. Some of us will, but the number of 4xE Wranglers among that group will be very small. I honestly think that Moab will probably see more than the Rubicon. Just because it is far more forgiving for a stock Wrangler. But all of this is merely my opinion.
What do you think, like 10%?...........:bandit:

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Just trying to help. As I have both a Solar field and a EV, along with 2 jeeps....... If someone needs help with solar or ev's, I have real world #'s.
That's kryptonite to internet trolls who just want to use buzzwords and pick fights. On that note, I'm digging this new one - "virtue signaling." Can't wait to read that one a thousand times a day lol

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
How many square feet is that in total ?
the leading edge of residential size panels is around 370w and each panel is about 16ft2

5kW of solar offsets one full charge per day depending on sun hours per year. If you’re north of Oklahoma, 6kW works, in the sun belt, 4kW works.
if I was Jeep I’d build 30kW arrays and have about 150kWhs of storage along with three chargers.
that turns into about 1300ft2

I’ve done solar for almost 15 years now.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
the leading edge of residential size panels is around 370w and each panel is about 16ft2

5kW of solar offsets one full charge per day depending on sun hours per year. If you’re north of Oklahoma, 6kW works, in the sun belt, 4kW works.
if I was Jeep I’d build 30kW arrays and have about 150kWhs of storage along with three chargers.
that turns into about 1300ft2

I’ve done solar for almost 15 years now.
I was off on my sqft for sure.

What do you think of the system that follow the sun for better output. Worth the $$?
Sample of my field.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Is Installing Solar Chargers at Moab And Rubicon Trail For New Hybrid Wrangler 4xe 962020.JPG
Sponsored