Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Maybe they need to Nissan Leaves it alone?
LOL because it’s meant for people with electric Wranglers to charge their batteries. Good point though, people will find other uses and probably upset those needing a charge.
Isn’t it a proprietary interface?
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
See other post since people's thinkers don't seem to be engaged this morning.
I used to work in solar. I doubt these charging stations would require nearly as much effort as building and maintaining a gas station. Not to mention the constant delivery of gas to the middle of "nowhere". Of course there are costs associated with it and impact, and maintenance, etc... there's no free lunch. But you simply can't compare this to a gas station.....

I would like to see how these stations look, and where they will be located. Because you make a very good point about it possibly being an "eye-sore".

I like the concept though and where jeep is pushing towards, it is the future whether we like it or not. That V8 Jeep? not happening.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
One thing I am actually interested in finding out are the axles and the suspension these e jeeps will come with, and the brakes. Rubicon take offs are probably going to give a pretty decent lift considering this thing is 700lbs heavier. And considering the current JLU payload is about 1,000 lbs.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Speed is the enemy of electric vehicle efficiency. On the Rubicon and Moab trails you crawl, as I'm sure you know. My Prius gets 70 MPG on drives into Los Angeles on freeways choked with bumper to bumper traffic. But on high speed runs up Hwy 5 where you run 90 mph or more it drops into the high 30's. The article says they were able to run the 22 mile long Rubicon trail totally in electric mode. But since I take both my car and my Jeep on long trips I want to know what the gas-only mpg is with the added 700+ pounds the 4xe is carrying. There has to be a big hit there.
90 mph + in a 70-75 zone on crappy often congested CA freeways? I think the majority of readers and local FRWY users would say that is being an irresponsible driver that cares little for the safety of others using the 5 FRWY and who more closely follow the posted limits. 75-80 in light traffic (whenever that is) sure, but 90+?

When you eventually get stopped by the CHP I hope you are polite to the officer and accept your expensive ticket graciously. That is unless you have a get “out of ticket free card“.....

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh...90 is pretty common here. Safety is relative to conditions (as you noted). Besides, potential isn't the same as actualization.
I live in SoCal and drive the 5 frwy often, sorry but 90+ MPH is simply irresponsible at any time of day or night. CVC 22350 “unsafe speed for prevailing conditions” only applies up to the posted speed limit. But then I think you know this. Lots of engineering goes into road speed limits vs optimal driving conditions. No CA public road is rated for safe operation by individual citizens above 80MPH. Which happens to be the threshold limit that the CHP uses to start writing the majority of frwy tickets.

I suspect you have a “get out of ticket free card” in your wallet aka LEO, Fire or other city /state issued one and if so, shame on you for misusing that privilege when not on duty and endangering others on the roadways.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
90 mph + in a 70-75 zone on crappy often congested CA freeways? I think the majority of readers and local FRWY users would say that is being an irresponsible driver that cares little for the safety of others using the 5 FRWY and who more closely follow the posted limits. 75-80 in light traffic (whenever that is) sure, but 90+?

When you eventually get stopped by the CHP I hope you are polite to the officer and accept your expensive ticket graciously. That is unless you have a get “out of ticket free card“.....
Lol I know right? I rarely go over 70 mph. People here are insane. I don't know what you get out of driving 90 mph in a congested freeway. A ticket to the morgue perhaps.

Yeah it is common. It is a nightmare to drive around here with all of these selfish people. 90 mph is not safe. anywhere. If you are alone that's your issue, but sharing roads with thousands of people it is just selfish. The "conditions" never dictate it is safe to drive at 90 mph.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I live in SoCal and drive the 5 frwy often, sorry but 90+ MPH is simply irresponsible at any time of day or night. CVC 22350 “unsafe speed for prevailing conditions” only applies up to the posted speed limit. But then I think you know this. Lots of engineering goes into road speed limits vs optimal driving conditions. No CA public road is rated for safe operation by individual citizens above 80MPH. Which happens to be the threshold limit that the CHP uses to start writing the majority of frwy tickets.

I suspect you have a “get out of ticket free card” in your wallet aka LEO, Fire or other city /state issued one and if so, shame on you for misusing that privilege when not on duty and endangering others on the roadways.
An additional factor in Southern California is traffic. The speed limit on most freeways around Los Angeles is 65 because there are so many vehicles on the road, entering and exiting the freeway, distracted drivers staring at their phones, etc. Even then, at 80 MPH you are barely keeping up with the flow of traffic!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
An additional factor in Southern California is traffic. The speed limit on most freeways around Los Angeles is 65 because there are so many vehicles on the road, entering and exiting the freeway, distracted drivers staring at their phones, etc. Even then, at 80 MPH you are barely keeping up with the flow of traffic!
I don't go pass 75 and it is fine, yeah a few people pass me. I don't drive on the fast lane and a lot of people don't pass me either. So There is really no excuse/reason to speed.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See the second sentence in my reply and pay particular attention to the parenthetical reference.

You're incorrect about my employment status. I just happen to believe in the mantra of "no victim, no crime" (with limited caveats) while you might have authoritarian issues you haven't worked through; not my place to judge.
Maybe, but at least I don’t drive 90+ mph on heavily traveled frwys at speeds that put people at higher risk and then brag proudly about it online. Stuff like that has and often does come back to bite folks like you in the A**.

Funny how there are always NO VICTIMS......until there is! Good luck with that defense even in the liberal CA. courts.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Folks like me", huh? Where did I admit to doing anything of the sort on "heavily traveled" freeways?

And stop thinking about my ass. :CWL:
The 5 frwy is noted by the NTSB as one of the most “heavily traveled” frwys in the U.S. Also according to CalTrans, DMV and CHP it is the most “heavily traveled“ freeway in CA.

Stop being an A** and not giving a S*** about others on the road and I will leave you A** alone. But as for the boys in county after you get arrested for felony speed... well good luck.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry...didn't catch your edit above.

I don't live in CA...which should be pretty obvious from the AZ next to "location" in the sidebar.

But whatever.....

Since this is going all tangential based on ONE meager sentence someone else wrote about their Prius and speeding....we can continue down the path of the libertarian philosophy RE: NV,NC, but I suspect you're not really interested in the discourse; just virtue signaling on your pet peeve of speeders, lol.

LMK. ;)
When you have had close family and friends killed by needless speeding drivers you would have a peeve about them too.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

eh, used to run my lowered ram pick up 120+ from la to frisco.. and with the times the way theyre jsut start coughing and write on the window. Covid danager. LOL