TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Set up a line of electrodynamic treadmills hooked to a big battery instead of a solar array. Call it the Blue Sky EcoOrganic Gym and charge people to use it to charge their Jeeps. For a small upcharge, you can access a set of wirless headphones via which Richard Simmons will screech at you to GET YOUR BUNS MOVING!!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
that All depends on how many charges they want to sustain per day And how many at a time.
This is a completely fabricated number based on my beliefs alone and should not be construed as any rational fact. But I don't think that there will be more than two electric Wranglers per day per summer weekend. Maybe 5-6 total charges would happen on a summer week once they have been out in the public for a while. Let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of JL owners will not be taking their Wranglers on the Rubicon, or trails around Moab. Some of us will, but the number of 4xE Wranglers among that group will be very small. I honestly think that Moab will probably see more than the Rubicon. Just because it is far more forgiving for a stock Wrangler. But all of this is merely my opinion.

OnlyOne

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Bikini Turbo on 37’s /2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10 whipped
This is a completely fabricated number based on my beliefs alone and should not be construed as any rational fact. But I don't think that there will be more than two electric Wranglers per day per summer weekend. Maybe 5-6 total charges would happen on a summer week once they have been out in the public for a while. Let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of JL owners will not be taking their Wranglers on the Rubicon, or trails around Moab. Some of us will, but the number of 4xE Wranglers among that group will be very small. I honestly think that Moab will probably see more than the Rubicon. Just because it is far more forgiving for a stock Wrangler. But all of this is merely my opinion.
What do you think, like 10%?...........:bandit:

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Just trying to help. As I have both a Solar field and a EV, along with 2 jeeps....... If someone needs help with solar or ev's, I have real world #'s.
That's kryptonite to internet trolls who just want to use buzzwords and pick fights. On that note, I'm digging this new one - "virtue signaling." Can't wait to read that one a thousand times a day lol

SolarWizard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance / Diesel Gladiator soon
Occupation
energy management tech for homes and businesses
How many square feet is that in total ?
the leading edge of residential size panels is around 370w and each panel is about 16ft2

5kW of solar offsets one full charge per day depending on sun hours per year. If you’re north of Oklahoma, 6kW works, in the sun belt, 4kW works.
if I was Jeep I’d build 30kW arrays and have about 150kWhs of storage along with three chargers.
that turns into about 1300ft2

I’ve done solar for almost 15 years now.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
the leading edge of residential size panels is around 370w and each panel is about 16ft2

5kW of solar offsets one full charge per day depending on sun hours per year. If you’re north of Oklahoma, 6kW works, in the sun belt, 4kW works.
if I was Jeep I’d build 30kW arrays and have about 150kWhs of storage along with three chargers.
that turns into about 1300ft2

I’ve done solar for almost 15 years now.
I was off on my sqft for sure.

What do you think of the system that follow the sun for better output. Worth the $$?
Sample of my field.
962020.JPG

Revolution_322

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Set up a line of electrodynamic treadmills hooked to a big battery instead of a solar array. Call it the Blue Sky EcoOrganic Gym and charge people to use it to charge their Jeeps. For a small upcharge, you can access a set of wirless headphones via which Richard Simmons will screech at you to GET YOUR BUNS MOVING!!
Genius idea actually... especially the Simmons part lol

SolarWizard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance / Diesel Gladiator soon
Occupation
energy management tech for homes and businesses
I was off on my sqft for sure.

What do you think of the system that follow the sun for better output. Worth the $$?
Sample of my field.
962020.JPG
tracker systems are too costly. i don’t know what your total system size is but that really low production do you have shade issues?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
In the middle of PNW fire's. I have about .5 mile visibility where I'm at....... sure hope they get the fires out soon. My peak months are March - June.

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Washington state.... So near the Pacific, so far from El Paso......

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
On a breezy day, I can realize about 400-450 KWH/day from my wind installation. Today is not a breezy day. Production is near zero today. Average KWH/day is probably around 17 KWH/day. The largest turbine has produced 16,250 KWH over the last 8 months. The two smaller ones have produced around 4500 KWH in the same period. Production can hit about 24-25 KW at 30 mph, but such wind speed on any sustained basis is not common here. The average wind speed areawide is about 13 MPH, but my location is good one and my turbines are 100 to 120 feet above ground. The average wind speed at turbine height is definitely greater, but has not been measured.

Last edited:

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
  1. Needs to pass safety tests, crush zones are compromised
  2. it will take a huge CAFE hit to the fleet.
  3. the upcoming inline six is supposed to make as much power as the 5.7L, more efficiently.
  4. The hybrid offers better overall mileage, efficiency and power.

I’m not sure it will go into production. It feels like a step backwards if it does.
If people really cared about mileage or efficiency, they wouldn’t buy f’n Wranglers at all. As for Cafe, the ED and plug-in hybrid are what enable the 392 Wrangler (and hopefully Gladiator).

Advertisement

Advertisement