First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I don't remember any TJ/JK/YJ owners having their Jeeps tell them to pull over because the engine will stop soon.

I don't remember having the defroster wiring fall off the windshield be a problem with past Wranglers.

Obviously, most didn't have rear view cameras, but the fact they don't always work should be a NHTSA safety recall since it's a Government mandate that put it there in the first place.

You seem to think I am whining despite not owning one, but in a very real sense these go beyond what people would expect in a $60K vehicle.

I"m far from the only person to berate Jeep on these issues, the trade press and auto reviewers do it regularly.

Note that many of these same sources also berate Land Rover for their unreliability, so it's not just a Jeep thing.
But your comments hold zero weight as you have not owned or driven one. Yes, some of us have had some issues. But you claiming that quality is crap is itself crap because how can you review something without ever having had one?
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I don't remember any TJ/JK/YJ owners having their Jeeps tell them to pull over because the engine will stop soon.

I don't remember having the defroster wiring fall off the windshield be a problem with past Wranglers.

Obviously, most didn't have rear view cameras, but the fact they don't always work should be a NHTSA safety recall since it's a Government mandate that put it there in the first place.

You seem to think I am whining despite not owning one, but in a very real sense these go beyond what people would expect in a $60K vehicle.

I"m far from the only person to berate Jeep on these issues, the trade press and auto reviewers do it regularly.

Note that many of these same sources also berate Land Rover for their unreliability, so it's not just a Jeep thing.
Every model has isolated issues. Wranglers or any other brand. You're deliberately being fictitious and reading what you want to read. There's more electronics on JLs and many more owners to vent too compared to predecessors. The issues posted about still pale in comparison to the total sold. Nobody denies there's issues, stupid issues in fact. It's just numbing how many people such as yourself read a few dozens topics on a forum and judge 400,000-500,000 vehicles produced based off a category for issues without having any experience yourself with the vehicle.

Again, YJ/TJ/JK former owners almost universally love the JL and say it's the best Wrangler to date. There's what you want to believe and there's reality too.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband

I get it you must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
These go beyond what people would expect in a $60K vehicle.
What do you say to all of the current JL owners who have thousands of miles in the driver’s seat and no issues at all? Remember, satisfied buyers don’t complain.
I’m far from the only person to berate Jeep on these issues, the trade press and auto reviewers do it regularly.
They’ve earned the right to complain because they’ve been in the vehicle, spent time and logged miles in it.
But your comments hold zero weight as you have not owned or driven one. Yes, some of us have had some issues. But you claiming that quality is crap is itself crap because how can you review something without ever having had one?
Exactly!!! Well said!!!
Every model has isolated issues. Wranglers or any other brand. You're deliberately being fictitious and reading what you want to read. There's more electronics on JLs and many more owners to vent too compared to predecessors. The issues posted about still pale in comparison to the total sold. Nobody denies there's issues, stupid issues in fact. It's just numbing how many people such as yourself read a few dozens topics on a forum and judge 400,000-500,000 vehicles produced based off a category for issues without having any experience yourself with the vehicle.

Again, YJ/TJ/JK former owners almost universally love the JL and say it's the best Wrangler to date. There's what you want to believe and there's reality too.
:clap:

Wisdom and truth!!!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I love Ford vehicles as much as the next guy ( :facepalm: ) but to believe the Bronco will be the saving grace of the 4x4 off road convertible world is a gross, faulty cognition.

There’s a good reason why other manufacturers (including Ford) up and left that market or changed their production vehicle to move away from that design aesthetic.

There’s also good reason why the Bronco design and redesign has changed extensively over the last 15 years in R&D.

I am all for the consumer spending his money in America on whatever the hell vehicle tickles his or her fancy. This argument isn’t about Ford vs Jeep or Bronco vs Wrangler. Spend your money on whatever you like.

But form your own opinion after spending an extended period of time in the driver’s seat. You’re okay to not like it but don’t like it because you don’t like it, not because you’ve rescued and adopted other JL owner‘s issues as your own and want to smear the Wrangler and Jeep.

FWIW, all of my past vehicles have had issues. Granted these all had extensive miles on them but I don’t hate those brands nor go onto social forums and blast the manufacturer.

Nor do I egg on those who have issues with those brands simply because I had issues. Nope. My vehicle problems were mine and not anyone else’s. Besides, I know that people who join vehicle forums are usually very emotional and or passionate about their purchase.

Now I will say that I blast Ford playfully and find my cheap shots easy and really funny. Anyone who knows me knows my dislike of the brand isn’t anywhere near as serious as the cheap shots come across.

That being said, I wouldn’t join a Ford forum and trash the brand or models because of my experience with their model from 20 years ago. To do so would be a poor decision. I’d most likely be seen as a troll and would expect to be banned.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Seriously?

No one in my family has died of cancer, so I guess I'm not qualified to say cancer is a bad thing, right?

If your brand new vehicle tells you to pull over, it's about to shut down the engine, that's inexcusable no matter what the vehicle.

What do you say to all of the current JL owners who have thousands of miles in the driver’s seat and no issues at all? Remember, satisfied buyers don’t complain.
It depends on what you consider to be an issue; there's always something from seat back releases that self-destruct to visors that rattle to rear window defoggers that don't stay attached (all problems that can happen to any model) to FCA's refusal to keep a supply of spare parts for existing owners while continuing to crank out new vehicles
 yeah, there are things even the "satisfied" could complain about but many don't.

But I can think of no other brand where "push down on all the fuses" is a standard thing you need to do when you take delivery, or that has such major issues in their "problems" forum.

I will say those issues are not acceptable from any brand, but even German and Japanese car owners often don't have to wait as long for parts (months!) as Jeep owners sometimes do.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
No one in my family has died of cancer, so I guess I'm not qualified to say cancer is a bad thing, right?
You just took us from Jeep has QC problems to cancer. Wow dude, just... wow. :facepalm:
It depends on what you consider to be an issue; there's always something ...
You just told us that nothing is good enough for you. You’ve set your standards for vehicle ownership too high and no matter what you purchase, it will never meet your expectations because they are unreasonably high and unrealistic.
FCA's refusal to keep a supply of spare parts for existing owners while continuing to crank out new vehicles

As the economy kick starts back up from a peep in the grinding halt you’re using this as a reason to find fault? Cheap shot. The same can be said about any vehicle, including Ford.
yeah, there are things even the "satisfied" could complain about but many don't.
Satisfied people don’t raise the alarm or make a stink of things. Your willingness to put satisfied in quotes means that you don’t believe that people can actually find happiness in a vehicle that they’ve spent their money on and enjoy.

And you don’t believe it because you haven’t experienced it. And if you haven’t experienced it, you can’t believe it and therefore, it must not exist.

It’s now all very clear why you haven’t purchased a new Wrangler just yet.

Based on everything that you’ve said so far, I know you won’t, but I do hope that you do enjoy your Ford Bronco in 2030 when it finally gets released and all of the kinks are worked out.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Comparing cancer to issues brought up on a forum category made for issues. Talk about a false equivalence. This is all anybody needs to read to understand you're not reasonable. Using your logic reading a cancer support group forum would suggest everybody in the world will get cancer because some people do. The logic is moronic.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
FCA's refusal to keep a supply of spare parts for existing owners while continuing to crank out new vehicles
Help us understand how this is applicable to you since you don’t own a JL Wrangler and have never owned one?

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Help us understand how this is applicable to you since you don’t own a JL Wrangler and have never owned one?
Oh, I don't know, because no matter how much I want to get a JL I think "what would I do if it was in the shop for six weeks?"

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Comparing cancer to issues brought up on a forum category made for issues. Talk about a false equivalence. This is all anybody needs to read to understand you're not reasonable. Using your logic reading a cancer support group forum would suggest everybody in the world will get cancer because some people do. The logic is moronic.
No, it's a great response to the ridiculous notion that you can't comment on whether something is "bad" unless you own one; it's also called being a responsible shopper and steward of your own money.

Reading BMW forums you rapidly become aware that your best option is leasing one because their residual values plummet and components start to self-destruct just outside of warranty because they make a lot of things out of plastic for cost reasons.

Reading forums has also saved a lot of people who had considered Land Rover or Range Rover purchases from making bad decisions.

On the other hand, they've also directed a lot of people toward various Lexus models.

My TJ ownership experience was the worst vehicle ownership experience I have ever had in terms of repairs and general "What's broken now?" over the course of three years.

I had to take numerous days off of work, pay for rental cars out of my own pocket (loaners are still something a dealer offers, not Jeep, and my local dealers will do nothing more than call Enterprise for you) and it got really annoying and expensive.

The thing is, there are numerous issues related to new technology on JLs that are horrifying to see; your vehicle should never shut down while driving if at all possible and there is a massive thread in the Issues forum detailing stories of just that.

What's more frustrating is reading of the issues that were TJ issues that continue - water,leaks into the interior, bad paint, numerous rattles and other concerns that could have been addressed any time in the past 23 years or multiple model redesigns, but have not been, nor has Jeep's attitude regarding them improved.

Feel free to ignore me and/or live in your Jeep bubble if you so choose; I see reading and participating on product forums an important part of any purchasing decision, whether a major appliance or a vehicle.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
No, it's a great response to the ridiculous notion that you can't comment on whether something is "bad" unless you own one; it's also called being a responsible shopper and steward of your own money.

Reading BMW forums you rapidly become aware that your best option is leasing one because their residual values plummet and components start to self-destruct just outside of warranty because they make a lot of things out of plastic for cost reasons.

Reading forums has also saved a lot of people who had considered Land Rover or Range Rover purchases from making bad decisions.

On the other hand, they've also directed a lot of people toward various Lexus models.

My TJ ownership experience was the worst vehicle ownership experience I have ever had in terms of repairs and general "What's broken now?" over the course of three years.

I had to take numerous days off of work, pay for rental cars out of my own pocket (loaners are still something a dealer offers, not Jeep, and my local dealers will do nothing more than call Enterprise for you) and it got really annoying and expensive.

The thing is, there are numerous issues related to new technology on JLs that are horrifying to see; your vehicle should never shut down while driving if at all possible and there is a massive thread in the Issues forum detailing stories of just that.

What's more frustrating is reading of the issues that were TJ issues that continue - water,leaks into the interior, bad paint, numerous rattles and other concerns that could have been addressed any time in the past 23 years or multiple model redesigns, but have not been, nor has Jeep's attitude regarding them improved.

Feel free to ignore me and/or live in your Jeep bubble if you so choose; I see reading and participating on product forums an important part of any purchasing decision, whether a major appliance or a vehicle.
It's a great response for a child who blurts out anything to sound smart. That's what you look and sound like with your comparison. It lacks logic and quite honestly is one of the most dumbest comparisons one could make about quality control in a mass produced vehicle. Write an essay, I don't care. Comparing to and doubling down on cancer relative to Jeep quality control makes anything you have to say completely worthless.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
After 5 years with my JKU I didn't spend anything more than tires, brakes and one windshield. So far my JLU has been perfect after almost a year and a half. I am deeply sorry to those offended by my pleasant experiences with Jeep. Apparently some Unicorns leave the factory not falling a part.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable 7c6xg44li9921

Last edited:

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

If I felt the way that you clearly do about the Jeep brand I wouldn’t be here. You seem to have convinced yourself that ALL JL’s have issues. That’s simply not true. Bitching on here is going to achieve what?

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
If I felt the way that you clearly do about the Jeep brand I wouldn’t be here. You seem to have convinced yourself that ALL JL’s have issues. That’s simply not true. Bitching on here is going to achieve what?
Noting that their QC hasn't improved and it's mostly because people still buy them with their horrid quality isn't "bitching," it's more like "noticing."

All JLs do have issues, the question is whether the issues it has are issues to you (which is actually true of every vehicle and is true of every vehicle made by people.)

I just don't see why complaining that Jeep didn't bother to design their all-new, $60K vehicle so that water doesn't pour into the interior when you open the door after a rain is "whining"; it's a normal expectation that applies to every other vehicle.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think Broncos will be free of issues either, especially as year one of an all new design of a vehicle style Ford hasn't made for years - but we'll see.

At the very least competition in the sector should hopefully convince Jeep to step it up.
Sponsored