Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just wish they would have released a full-sized actual Gladiator. This kind of feels like a Dodge Dakota replacement. I know it’s basically the same platform as the JL (just stretched a bit) but it would have been awesome to see a true, full-size Jeep pickup, complete with a reimagined Gladiator grille and an optional 8’ bed that you don’t have to add 2x4s to before you can haul a sheet of plywood.
Isn't that called a Ram?
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
In my view Hybrid cars are the way to go.
Fill the tank with fuel and when the wheels turn this produces electricity and is stored in the battery.
By default the vehicle uses the electric engine before the fuel engine.
When the battery is low, the fuel engine takes over automatically.
The driver has the option to choose one engine or the other as he sees fit.

A Jeep driver could use fuel to get to the off road area and then switch to electric for the torque.
If the battery is low you still have fuel to get to the nearest service station.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
In my view Hybrid cars are the way to go.
Fill the tank with fuel and when the wheels turn this produces electricity and is stored in the battery.
By default the vehicle uses the electric engine before the fuel engine.
When the battery is low, the fuel engine takes over automatically.
The driver has the option to choose one engine or the other as he sees fit.

A Jeep driver could use fuel to get to the off road area and then switch to electric for the torque.
If the battery is low you still have fuel to get to the nearest service station.
On the face of this, this sounds great - but now you have complex systems married together. Now picture FCA making this vs. Toyota.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I just wish they would have released a full-sized actual Gladiator. This kind of feels like a Dodge Dakota replacement. I know it’s basically the same platform as the JL (just stretched a bit) but it would have been awesome to see a true, full-size Jeep pickup, complete with a reimagined Gladiator grille and an optional 8’ bed that you don’t have to add 2x4s to before you can haul a sheet of plywood.
Wouldn't it be much easier to put a new grille or a body/face kit on a RAM, Ford or a Chevy full sized truck?

There's no alternative to a Wrangler so that's the concern.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
On the face of this, this sounds great - but now you have complex systems married together. Now picture FCA making this vs. Toyota.
My comment was meant to be generic. I think all electric cars will fail. I think hybrids will succeed.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

My comment was meant to be generic. I think all electric cars will fail. I think hybrids will succeed.
BEV is the future of automobiles and general transportation. Hybrids will be a small factor, they generally have the disadvantages of both power trains. Where they will excel is in vehicles like the Wrangler where grid power may not be available, or in heavy duty industrial vehicles.

I was upset that the Hybrid wasn’t available when the need to buy a new vehicle came up last year. It would have been a perfect fit for me. Battery power to and from work, ICE when I’m on the highway or crawling and need to range.

The downside is the 4xE is using the same 2.0L engine that’s in the non-hybrid. It doesn’t need to be so big, if it’s being used as a range extender/generator.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Isn't that called a Ram?
Wouldn't it be much easier to put a new grille or a body/face kit on a RAM, Ford or a Chevy full sized truck?

There's no alternative to a Wrangler so that's the concern.
Okay, Okay I get it. I guess what I really want is a Wrangler truck with an 8’ bed I can buy from the factory.
:whew:

But I’d still love a modern one of these:
A40D36F3-9B61-4A74-B26A-4021648DA71E.jpeg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Electric cars are the future, love it or hate it. I live in coal country, PA; I have no idea if we even have electric charging stations in my county. But even I can admit that's the way things are going.

I think hybrids will be awesome for the next 5-10 years, but after that it's gonna be all electric. I'm hoping my '18 JLU will make it a good 8-10 years, and at that point my next vehicle will most certainly be electric. If jeep plays its cards right, I'll be more than happy to just switch over to an electric wrangler.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Wow. Y'all are cranky.

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
I’m too lazy to watch. Did they explain why you can’t swap out the radios from 5in to 7/8.4in?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
We all love our Jeeps, I absolutely do! There are flaws as there are in every vehicle produced! They just overhauled their iconic Wrangler (well almost 3 years ago) and IMO they knocked the ball out of the park! I believe They will address every issue in the upcoming years with every new release the same as every other manufacturer. I have owned too many vehicles to list, some where great some not so much. Some were from companies that will do handstands for you to make things right. The fact is even when they do and you paid a lot of money for this shiny new automobile and they r the top in every review and customer satisfaction blah blah blah.... their vehicle still has a senseless issue that it should not have when paying so much. My point is all car companies have their achilles heal and you either love the brand or you don’t! I understand when someone clearly gets a lemon and how that will (no pun intended) sour your taste. That is not representative of the brand as a whole.
Sponsored