First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Looks like they are hot to trot on electric.
what... 2 batteries isn’t enough. lots of charging stations in the backwoods....4XmEh
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Suggestion to Forum Administrator - create a sticky thread of suggestions, questions, concerns where people can succinctly state their idea/point without bitching or threatening language and periodically sent them to Jim, Mark and Scott or let them know it is there so thsy can hear in one place what they asked for. If posts become a place for hyperbole or exageration I would guess Jeep will ignore them but if they are constructive and creative maybe more will be listened to and more done.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
what... 2 batteries isn’t enough. lots of charging stations in the backwoods....4XmEh
Hence the PHEV. Can't believe oil was -$35 a barrel yesterday. Fire up that cheap gas and drive home. lol

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Years ago on the other Jeep forum, Jeep announced a 90 minute question and answer session thru the forums. The post was not open to replies and was pinned to the top of every section of the forum for awareness for ten days.

When the day came and the time came, the thread was opened to questions in the form of forum posts and every single question was answered by an official Jeep representative with every single question quoted in the response to alert the person. Some responses were answered in the moment, others days later.

But they were answered.

Unless someone was trolling, their questions were answered without regard to how controversial they may have been about the Wrangler.

That was one of the best forum Q&A’s that I am happy to have had the experience of participating in from Jeep. What we had today was ineffective. They spoke, I listened and didn’t care for much of it.

Also, Pete wasn’t part of the livestream. Today’s event was a nice gesture though.
nice post and that would have been a 10 in my opinion. While this was far from a win, it was a start for what could evolve to a good communication method. Granted the things we yearned to hear about were swept under the Moab sand, but i really hope they read this feedback and realize it’s not what the majority of us were hoping to see. Something like what what you saw back in the days would have relit the glimmer of hope we expected.

While my sarcastic nature makes light of the content of the online presentation and i look forward to reading the slew of funny but true comments that will surely follow on these pages, I iin all sincerity applaud the effort and hope you Jeep execs read these with the understanding that we are a funny group that likes to mess with each other but really would like to see you take this online concept to the next level and address the issues.

stay safe all.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
That's actually a pretty good idea. Check in from time to time and ser if there are common themes

MarkK10

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 1999 F250 Diesel, 2007 Mustang GT, 2015 Escape
I posted a question about the W12 clutch recall and they did address this, but without providing much information. It was stated only that parts were available, but when I login to mopar.com and look at the recall for my Jeep, it shows that "repair parts are not available". I have not called my dealer yet, but I did ask (via the website) to be notified via email when parts were available.

I also asked for some additional information on what will be done to fix this recall, but that was not addressed at all. I am wondering if the entire clutch disc and pressure plate assembly will be replaced. How about the throwout bearing? And flywheel? Maybe they'll just add a scattershield to prevent catastrophic damage to the fuel lines, electrical wiring, and occupants of the vehicle.

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 5.48.01 PM.png

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I had a distinct feeling that Jim was watching the forum and the replies... as he was sitting there, maybe not!
I simultaneously was watching the thread and the "Event" Much of what we heard was what I figured they would say. I do Believe They watch the forum and I really don't think they haven't read all of the posts made here following the announcement they made about holding this round table!

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
While I was stationed in India, many of the Mahindra Willys had PTO shafts which I thought were so cool. One of the things I always dreamt about was an undated hybrid battery powered PTO for those of us newly relevant preppers who see their Jeeps as a potential base of operations! That would make a MOAB concept to let y'alls imagination run wild!
Land Rovers (before they became "Defenders"?) had them which is probably where Mahindra got it?

But a battery powered PTO? Isn't that just an electric motor?

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Land Rovers (before they became "Defenders"?) had them which is probably where Mahindra got it?

But a battery powered PTO? Isn't that just an electric motor?
Kind of nitpicking, arent we
Sponsored