Sponsored

Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Great round table thanks for everything.
Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I appreciate their time but would have liked to hear more about the steering, quality control, and inconsistent dealer service quality.
Absolutely, lets get to the real issues and new gadgets vs hearsay and beating around the bush.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Looks like they are hot to trot on electric.

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
I get why everyone is disappointed, and I too wish it was a format answering your questions and putting them in the 'hot seat' so to speak. However, I never believed for a second that this roundtable would be anything different than it was. They'll make sure these sorts of things are 'feel good' experiences and will use it as a marketing ploy above all else. That's just how these things go.
and, the problem with that, is it lets a current jeep owner know not be a jeep owner after this one.

the new bronco's are coming out next spring.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
They asked for feedback about the livestream...

Well, you said the parts for the clutch are out, but I called and the dealership is not aware.

And you said "our engineers are working on the steering...expect something soon." I am sure you are weary on saying something because of legal issues, but you could have at least expanded a bit and talked about RECOGNIZING THE ISSUE AND THE COMPLAINTS.
At least they acknowledged there is a steering issue. Hopefully the steering solution is recall or TSB.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Absolutely, lets get to the real issues and new gadgets vs hearsay and beating around the bush.
exactly. nothing like ignoring the most commonly asked question and biggest safety concern.
while I liked seeing the people Mr, Morrison appeared somewhat distracted during the bulk of the session.

But they ended with a sales pitch that now is a great time to buy a new Jeep.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Years ago on the other Jeep forum, Jeep announced a 90 minute question and answer session thru the forums. The post was not open to replies and was pinned to the top of every section of the forum for awareness for ten days.

When the day came and the time came, the thread was opened to questions in the form of forum posts and every single question was answered by an official Jeep representative with every single question quoted in the response to alert the person. Some responses were answered in the moment, others days later.

But they were answered.

Unless someone was trolling, their questions were answered without regard to how controversial they may have been about the Wrangler.

That was one of the best forum Q&A’s that I am happy to have had the experience of participating in from Jeep. What we had today was ineffective. They spoke, I listened and didn’t care for much of it.

Also, Pete wasn’t part of the livestream. Today’s event was a nice gesture though.

EcoLogicalFox

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebraveroad.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara; 2008 JK 2dr 2"lift, 1961 Willys Wagon Super Hurricane
Occupation
Digital Media Executive
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
OK, that was great. Fun stuff. While I was stationed in India, many of the Mahindra Willys had PTO shafts which I thought were so cool. One of the things I always dreamt about was an undated hybrid battery powered PTO for those of us newly relevant preppers who see their Jeeps as a potential base of operations! That would make a MOAB concept to let y'alls imagination run wild!

WillysJeepPTOphoto.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
At least they acknowledged there is a steering issue. Hopefully the steering solution is recall or TSB.
My dealer told me, last summer when I was trying to get my '19's steering fixed, that FCA "was aware and working on a solution." Thankfully I'm in a '20 that steers great but there are still so many dealing with this.
Sponsored