Sponsored

Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
There are over 5,909 posts in just one of the JL steering problem threads and bad steering is mentioned in several reviews like the one from Car and Driver. It will be interesting if the steering issue will be seriously discussed in the livestream or not.

The main JLWranglerForum steering thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ering-feels-like-it-has-play-and-drifts.3691/ (search steering for many other threads)

Letter to Jeep from the NHTSA regarding steering and other issues: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2019/INIM-PE19012-77759.pdf

$1,000 Dollars Cash If You Can Fix My Jeep Steering Problem: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...f-you-can-fix-my-jeep-steering-problem.47456/
Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
This is what was quoted…

"I fired off a quick email to Jeep's PR reps to see if there was something mechanically different between our 2019 Wrangler's steering and this newer 2020 one"

"Jeep's reps helpfully confirmed that Wrangler engineers had made both steering gear valve tuning and pump calibration changes that would result in lighter, lower-effort steering. "

This is the article…

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...-unlimited-rubicon-review-long-term-update-5/
Perfect, i have a horrible bump steer issue in which i do not feel safe at speeds. I've lowered air pressure and had alignment. All helped but something is still WRONG. Also, i have the AD steering box.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
What I like about the responses to this thread is they are all very constructive. [sometimes we can get kinda agitated]. Of all of the suggestions, I think that discussion of the steering issue is one of the most important topics. Jeep: Please address this one head-on.

That said, as a longtime JK owner, and soon-to-be JL purchaser, I'm not sure if it's really a "thing", or that Jeep is now attracting more non-Jeep owners and they have passenger car expectations.

Mittenmayhem

First Name
Co
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Compass
Have a question about the Uconnect 5.0 With 12.3 screen. Will this option be available for 2021 Wrangler?

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Ref the UConnect 5 - will that VERY large screen change the dashboard setup of the current JL ?

spud

First Name
DW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler rubicon
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator

spud

First Name
DW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler rubicon
Because jeeps are the go to vehicle to be towed behind motor homes it would be nice if there was a wiring option for lights and charging the battery etc. especially important with all the computerization.

Sponsored

George08

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hears a question. When recording a trail using nav., the trail stops recording when you turn off the ignition. When you start going again you have to start recording a new trail. Why can't the trail keep recording until I stop it. My 2009 Rubicon continued recording until I stopped it.
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
What I like about the responses to this thread is they are all very constructive. [sometimes we can get kinda agitated]. Of all of the suggestions, I think that discussion of the steering issue is one of the most important topics. Jeep: Please address this one head-on.

That said, as a longtime JK owner, and soon-to-be JL purchaser, I'm not sure if it's really a "thing", or that Jeep is now attracting more non-Jeep owners and they have passenger car expectations.
This is the same thought I was having. My '12 JKUR had many of the steering issues mentioned in this thread until I installed an AEV 2 1/2" coil spring lift with their control arm drop brackets, 34" BFG's on AEV Savegre wheels. I also realigned the front tires myself. This was done in the spring of 2014 and it still steers almost as precise as my '17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk does.

FredC

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sport Unlimited
Any plans for this panel to discuss the loose steering issues (too much play in the steering) that a lot of Jeep owners have wrote about on this Forum?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I'm gonna get hatred for this, but I really think it's moreso main-stream buyers expecting car-like or typical crossover handling. I grew up with jeeps and learned how to drive with a Yukon. I have no problem with my steering. But when my wife takes the wheel, she's all over the road and says it's insane. I can drive 70+mph with one hand on the wheel and feel totally fine/in control. Haven't done any adjustments whatsoever and I have an early '18.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm gonna get hatred for this, but I really think it's moreso main-stream buyers expecting car-like or typical crossover handling. I grew up with jeeps and learned how to drive with a Yukon. I have no problem with my steering. But when my wife takes the wheel, she's all over the road and says it's insane. I can drive 70+mph with one hand on the wheel and feel totally fine/in control. Haven't done any adjustments whatsoever and I have an early '18.
Many in the steering thread have owned JKs before so they have a good point of reference. And many have driven other JLs from the dealer lot to compare.
Sponsored