Sponsored

Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
@JeepBrandOfficial
1. Why was the Diesel Wrangler built with such low payload.. 800lbs? It has less payload capacity than the gas version.
2. The whole point of a diesel engine is it’s torque. But, nothing was done to the frame and suspension to increase the towing capacity.
3. When will you release the half doors for JL?
4. Will the front camera be an accessory we can purchase for the JL? If so, when?
I think thermo efficiency was the main problem for tow capacity for the 3.6. I wonder if that's the limitation for the diesel also?
Sponsored

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, I haven't had a chance to get through this great thread.

Many, many Jeep wonders happen to love music and are audiophiles like myself. I have a new 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport and have spent LOTS of hours installing high end stereo equipment including a new head unit, speakers, subwoofer and amplifier. After spending all of those hours getting the sound system in place I was initially very pleased with the quality of sound that I worked so hard to find and achieve. Well, to my dismay, when I turned up the volume with some good bass I noticed in some songs that there was a definite buzz in the soundbar area. When applying pressure to the sounder it seems that it dampens the buzz sound so now I have my work cut out for me to find a way to cushion the soundbar so that I can eliminate the buzz.

I think it would be a tremendous service to future buyers of Jeep Wranglers if you were to spend the time and effort into developing a pre-installed dampening system so that the soundbar can hold up to some decent sound system modifications? After all when we cruise down the beach with the top down, it would be nice to crank up the sound a bit without an annoying interference in the quality of sound. Thanks.

Richard

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Here is one thing that just pi$$'s me off every time. They know this happens, why don't they fix it? Are they just tone deaf? Do they not drive the product they make?

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
The funny thing is some 2020 owners are reporting heavier steering not lighter like Jeep said?
I have never driven a Jeep until now, my steering is effortless, I am impressed with the turning radius, coming from a long bed Tacoma. With that said, I have experienced some wobble at speeds above 70 mph. Since COVID-19 lock-down, I have not driven much at all, definitely not a highway speed, so I will see in due time. I did lower the tire pressures after that first wobbly episode.

ScoobySnacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater, 2020 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question...Can you ask if they ever thought about designing a hardtop that can be removed in sections, maybe the way a soft top does with the two rear windows pushing up and out of channels within the top to be removed and then the rear lift ..leaving the top as the last. I know it is a pipe dream but would be so much easier to remove and store as well as being able to remove alone and without any aftermarket contraptions.
This! I'm curious to hear the response, as well. Especially, since I completed a survey within the last week concerning the hardtop. In it, I was asked about my thoughts on future hardtops possibly including rear freedom type panels, removable side windows, and removable rear lift glass. This would basically leave a hardtop skeleton to be removed or not.

Good on Jeep for doing this. Keep up the customer engagement!

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
How does it stay secured when the top is off?
If the tops off it doesn't matter if the tailgate is locked or not....No?

PS...I like your moniker...lol.... you're living up to it....

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
@JeepBrandOfficial

I have one question: What will be FCA’s specific focus areas for the Wrangler as they continue to evolve its platform in the future beyond the JL?

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Here is one thing that just pi$$'s me off every time. They know this happens, why don't they fix it? Are they just tone deaf? Do they not drive the product they make?

agreed here is a pic of where the water goes with the door open, right on to floor, and all over your leg as you try to enter and exit the vehicle when it is raining. Bad design flaw.
rain.JPG

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If the tops off it doesn't matter if the tailgate is locked or not....No?
It matters because security lids like Tuffy and Slipstream depends on the ability to lock your tailgate when you have the soft top down.

Sponsored

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
agreed here is a pic of where the water goes with the door open, right on to floor, and all over your leg as you try to enter and exit the vehicle when it is raining. Bad design flaw.
rain.JPG
To me, this proves that they are just paying lip service to us. They knew every year that this is a problem, but refuse to fix it. Intentionally, they allow it year after year. THEN, they want us to 'talk' with engineers and 'C' level folks. Should we be impressed? No, not at all. Don't come to us now and act like you are doing us a favor. Fix the dam car. That would impress us the most.

Just so folks won't think I'm being too hard on them, I got to say Jeep Cares organization is a great group of people to have as advocates for the buyer. Can't say enough good things about them. I have commented on then numerous times on here. Every organization should have a group like this to address all the screw-ups of engineers.

Now if the people that actually design the car could get their collective heads out of their butts and do their job, that would be a good thing.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
It matters because security lids like Tuffy and Slipstream depends on the ability to lock your tailgate when you have the soft top down.
Then maybe a latch on the inside... something that you don't need to use the key all the time....

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I just use my fob. ALL doors locked or ALL doors unlocked.
So do I...I just find it a PITA ....I keep my keys attached on my belt loop... the doors are fine, just there right height... but the tailgate is too low so I wind up having to crouch or to unhook that huge key fob to use it.... and we all know what a great design that was!!!!

But still think there should be some sort of lock/ unlock switch for the tailgate somewhere....

Mmmmm... now that I think of it, I don't remember anyone saying anything about that on this tread.... that would be another suggestion for FCA..... do something about the key fob....

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
If your Jeep is locked, how your proposed switch unlock the tailgate? (Just trying to understand)
Sponsored