Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Okay, well, I suspect that OP is a troll with only 8 posts, all of which are in this thread, but here's my question (two actually):
1. With the Gladiator, why did Jeep depart from the traditionally American sounding model names like "Wrangler", "Cherokee", "Renegade" and so on? I know there have been previous names that don't fall into the "American" category, but still.
2. When is Jeep going to fix the darn JL steering? I mean seriously. There's thousands of posts across many threads regarding problematic steering on this forum alone. There really is a problem.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepBrandOfficial I'd love to hear about the specs and the release date of the plug-in hybrid. And as more of a selfish request. I go to EJS every year and since it was canceled this year I am dying to see the new Jeep concepts for 2020. Any chance of getting a peak at those?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Okay, well, I suspect that OP is a troll with only 8 posts, all of which are in this thread
I suspect that the OP is a focus group type consultant who is retained by Jeep - perhaps only for this event. It is entirely reasonable that he wouldn't have an existing account. And...if he's a troll, he doesn't discriminate - the same event is advertised on the JK forum.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I would like to understand what the Jeep brand is doing to hold the dealer network to higher customer standards, especially on the maintenance side of things. These boards are FULL of loyal Jeep owners reporting slow, shoddy, or even just plain wrong technical service — even for lowly oil changes.
Great question. Even though I have owned 4 Jeep brand vehicles, I've also owned some "luxury" brand vehicles as well. The Infinity and Land Rover dealer service departments are awesome!
I cringe, however, at the thought of bringing my Jeep to the dealer for service or recalls.
That steering damper recall? I'm just going to buy a fox stabilizer with my own money and install it myself. There's no way I'm going through the grief of going to the dealer for something so simple!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I suspect that the OP is a focus group type consultant who is retained by Jeep - perhaps only for this event. It is entirely reasonable that he wouldn't have an existing account. And...if he's a troll, he doesn't discriminate - the same event is advertised on the JK forum.
Don't most focus group participants get something for their time? Usually there is at lest a little swag offered. How about everyone gets a jeep logo t-shirt or something?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
If this is legitimate,

I have a Sahara and looking for a more overlanding/utility biased vehicle to have as well, thus the Gladiator and Mojave consideration. I do have strong reservations that might make me look elsewhere.

1. Why no sway bar disconnect for washboard roads in the Mojave?? I was genuinely surprised it will not have it given the intended usage.

2. For those hesitant to adopt the diesel, will a more powerful gas engine be introduced for the Gladiator and Mojave? The gas eTorque 2.0 from the Recon sounds really good right now and finding a way to make that engine work with these models would be of interest to me given my good experience in my Sahara.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Don't most focus group participants get something for their time? Usually there is at lest a little swag offered. How about everyone gets a jeep logo t-shirt or something?
I'll take an XL. I'm just impressed that they are providing this access to Jeep upper management.

Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi. This sounds like a great idea.

One question I have, and I don’t know whether it is appropriate for this event is, a lot of forum members and others have been trying to add proximity locks, passive entry to their vehicles. Could FCA, create an aftermarket package that allows this to be done by dealers?

Thanks!
I, too, would like the convenience of keyless entry, however, some hi-tech thieves are stealing cars with it. I opted for a push-button key fob on my 2019 JLUR six speed. This surveillance video of a Mercedes theft via keyless entry has been out a while:

I imagine the probably of having your rig stolen this way is probably very low, though.

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Why is a locking hood not standard. Having to spend $200 on an aftermarket or mopar part on 50K vehicle is ridiculous. Not everyone has garages and even those that do with lifts and top tent cant get into the garage.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Here are a few topics to add to the running list:

• Add hoisting hard points to the hard tops to make them easier to take off. Also create a MOPAR branded ceiling hoist specifically for the Wrangler, including a place to store the Freedom Panels and doors. (Revenue source) I'm sure the FCA legal guys will cringe at this one... the thoughts of liability suits for overhead lifting.
  • In the next generation of Wrangler, make the tailgate hinge on the other side! Curbside loading and unloading is a pain with the hinge on the right. I'm sure Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and Hong Kongonians love it. But the other 85% of the owners... (78.29% of all statistics are made up.)
  • Color matched dash panels! (Revenue source) Not everyone wants burnt red or gunmetal grey dash panels. This seems like an easy kill.
  • Create a factory option for on-board air. (Revenue source) There's room for a compressor under the steering shaft, and room for an air tank under the frame (right side; opposite the gas tank).

The evolution from the JK to the JL is fantastic. It's good to see FCA and Jeep are listening to their customers.
Sponsored