First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
All great questions. We will make sure we mix them in. So essentially you are looking for a Jeep trail rig to start? Would it purely be for trails or still something that you could drive on the road and plate?
It would still be a licensed and street driven Jeep. My Jeep spends a lot of time exploring the desert. There are times when a Rubicon drive train would be handy without the expense of a Rubicon. Just make the Rubicon drive train on option on the lower end Jeeps.

Thank You!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Something close to this could and should be built.
real jeep concept vehicle.jpeg

My base JLR is not a good example of the rig above.
Also this...
concept truck.jpeg

I held off my new Jeep purchase for over a year waiting to see if a 2dr/xtra cab truck was going to happen. The current 4 door JT :facepalm:

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
YES, YES, 1000x YES. Jeep Brand, is there anyway you can get the ESS OFF button to just stay on permanently? My wife drives a Mini Cooper from 2016..... she can set her’s to “off” and does. I know that it CAN be done. The question is, “why do you refuse to do it?” Oh, I also want that stupidly troublesome and impossible-to-get-to-in-order-to-service, motorcycle battery out of my Jeep. When you are fixing the ESS button, why can’t you figure out a way to delete that battery too?

Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
@JeepBrandOfficial i want a hemi. Why won’t you let us have a hemi? Not cool.
Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars-North America and Global Head of Alfa Romero, former Head of the Jeep Brand was asked about putting a Hellcat engine in the Wrangler or Gladiator. He was quoted by drive.com.au around September 2019 as saying:

"Everybody always asks me that question: it fits. You know that. It fits like a glove. But the problem is that it fits like a glove and there is no air space around the engine and the whole external space of the vehicle, so you have no crush space; you have nothing that can be used to absorb energy in a crash. It is not a problem to put it in-other than emissions and fuel economy-except it would never pass any crash tests, and that's a problem."

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Backup lights are very bad at nighttime, and not nearly bright enough. They are not safe.

We added weather stripping to the door frames to stop the wind noise; why can’t this be improved?

Add sound proofing to the floor and doors; a lot of people use their Jeep for every day use.

Mopar 2 inch lift is more like 3-3.5 inches and there are problems with bowing springs. I only want a 2 inch lift like Dynatrac Enduro Sport’s 2 inch lift, but then you won’t warranty my Jeep. Even though it‘s less of a lift than Mopar.

The 2018 and 2019 Jeeps are having known steering issues. I’m hesitant to add new wheels, tires and a small lift kit because eventually I believe the steering will worsen, and FCA will say it’s because I added these items.

hawgwld

First Name
Hawgwld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
YES, YES, 1000x YES. Jeep Brand, is there anyway you can get the ESS OFF button to just stay on permanently? My wife drives a Mini Cooper from 2016..... she can set her’s to “off” and does. I know that it CAN be done. The question is, “why do you refuse to do it?” Oh, I also want that stupidly troublesome and impossible-to-get-to-in-order-to-service, motorcycle battery out of my Jeep. When you are fixing the ESS button, why can’t you figure out a way to delete that battery too?
The Tazer JL Mini from @ZAutomotive will allow you to configure the ESS to be off normally and then you can turn it on if you want. @GenesisOffroad dual battery will eliminate the "motorcycle battery"

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The Tazer JL Mini from @ZAutomotive will allow you to configure the ESS to be off normally and then you can turn it on if you want. @GenesisOffroad dual battery will eliminate the "motorcycle battery"
Thanks for that. I am aware of both of those. But I have reasons to not want to do either at this time,

Anyway, we should probably keep this thread just for questions and my question still remains.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My wife also drives a Mini, but I don't know about the "permanent" shutoff on the Cooper. My understanding is that if the ESS was used to make the EPA mpg numbers, then it cannot be set to default to off - at least by the factory.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My wife also drives a Mini, but I don't know about the "permanent" shutoff on the Cooper. My understanding is that if the ESS was used to make the EPA mpg numbers, then it cannot be set to default to off - at least by the factory.
I can assure you that in a 2016 Mini Cooper S 4 door, you can turn it off and it stays off until such time that you wish (I.e. never) to turn it back on.

as for fuel calculations, I agree with you, that is probably the answer. So, Jeep should simply sell a software “upgrade” after-market.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars-North America and Global Head of Alfa Romero, former Head of the Jeep Brand was asked about putting a Hellcat engine in the Wrangler or Gladiator. He was quoted by drive.com.au around September 2019 as saying:

"Everybody always asks me that question: it fits. You know that. It fits like a glove. But the problem is that it fits like a glove and there is no air space around the engine and the whole external space of the vehicle, so you have no crush space; you have nothing that can be used to absorb energy in a crash. It is not a problem to put it in-other than emissions and fuel economy-except it would never pass any crash tests, and that's a problem."
Hemi, not hellcat.
Sponsored