Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I remember watching an interview on this one. They couldn't do it basically because there wasn't enough room in the engine bay for crash regulations.
I refuse to accept that. Engineer something.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Please, for the love of everything holy, please allow us with the 5" uconnect to upgrade our units. I've contacted several dealerships and they all say that FCA won't let them do this simple upgrade. I would very much enjoy an upgrade. Thanks:like:

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Who did the front seats? I had to get towed because my drivers seat wouldn't slide. Stranded for a day on vacation. Why can't you have a very simple bullet-proof design that lets you slide the seat & lock in position. The part that broke was supposedly something in there that gives the seat "memory" of where it was. That's not needed. What's needed are seats you are not afraid to move. Very afraid to pull that lever that allows the seat to fold & slide. Thanks.

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Please, for the love of everything holy, please allow us with the 5" uconnect to upgrade our units. I've contacted several dealerships and they all say that FCA won't let them do this simple upgrade. I would very much enjoy an upgrade. Thanks:like:
Thanks for asking this @GreyFox.

I too would like to know @JeepBrandOfficial why FCA will not allow owners to purchase and upgrade to the 7 or 8.4. Uconnect radios. Reading through threads here and other social media platforms we see owners purchasing 7 and 8.4 Uconnect systems and it works. Albeit some features on the radio may not work for certain models e.g. dimming mirror/SOS)

If an owner does do an upgrade then its pretty much impossible to get the dealer to service it or get software updates.

TIA

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Great idea and thank your for doing this.
Any thought to expanding options?
For instance. I use a Jeep like a Jeep and like them to be as base as possible, manual door locks. windows, etc.
I would love the option of being able to order a basic JLUS and have the option of ordering Rubicon axles with 4.10 gears and/or the Rubicon transfer case. Now the only way you can get those is buy take-off parts or get a $50k Rubicon.

Another thought. The base 5" radio is pretty bad. Make the 7" the base radio?
Thanks again.
All great questions. We will make sure we mix them in. So essentially you are looking for a Jeep trail rig to start? Would it purely be for trails or still something that you could drive on the road and plate?

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Q, can't Jeep make the EU rear bumper in that way the licence plate no longer becomes the lowest point in the rear?
I.e. relocate the rear licence plate in a way you do not longer have to fear to rip it off, and damage the bumper because the thing touches the ground so easily...?

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. And my computer and I are still here. Also, this invite was posted at the leading JK forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/). Not sure what seems "sketchy" other than the natural wariness when approaching a new link.
1. kontiki.com is registered to some physical address in Bend, OR
2. "notice it starts with fiat" means absolutely nothing. That is a subdomain and anyone in the world can add the subdomain "fiat" to any domain.

I'm not saying it's not real, but being concerned that it is a valid link is smart.

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
1. kontiki.com is registered to some physical address in Bend, OR
2. "notice it starts with fiat" means absolutely nothing. That is a subdomain and anyone in the world can add the subdomain "fiat" to any domain.

I'm not saying it's not real, but being concerned that it is a valid link is smart.
Sure, I understand your concern. I know we are new to posting here in an official capacity so you have the right to be skeptical. Kontiki (now Kollective) is just the service provider we use for this type of stuff. Below is a link to their Wikipedia for further validation. If you are not able to join us, I understand but please submit any questions you have. When we post the link to the replay at least you can watch it there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kollective

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'd like to ask if half doors are still planned? A lot of us are still waiting for them.

Also are there still plans for more accessories for the mopar tire carrier?

Both were advertised early on and 2 years later we don't have any info on them.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Has or will Jeep consider(ed) offering a CJ model off-road vehicle to enter into the side by side market?

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
We love our JLU Sahara bought when JL first came out it is our 27th Jeep!

Have water over the damn a tire question. Why would a Wrangler with Select trac and Anti Spin (LS) axle be shipped with HT's instead of the on the order AT's? I have a nice pile of 300 mile Bridgestone HT tires in my garage after replacing with Falken AT's! My build sheets do say HT's but why would they change the Anti Spin AT selection??

FYI... you should probably make Bestop's "Sunrider" for Hard top as an option to order, it's so perfect!

You'll probably be sorry you started this whole thing, but good luck!

Thanks and "Go Jeep"
Sponsored