First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Noting that their QC hasn't improved and it's mostly because people still buy them with their horrid quality isn't "bitching," it's more like "noticing."

All JLs do have issues, the question is whether the issues it has are issues to you (which is actually true of every vehicle and is true of every vehicle made by people.)

I just don't see why complaining that Jeep didn't bother to design their all-new, $60K vehicle so that water doesn't pour into the interior when you open the door after a rain is "whining"; it's a normal expectation that applies to every other vehicle.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think Broncos will be free of issues either, especially as year one of an all new design of a vehicle style Ford hasn't made for years - but we'll see.

At the very least competition in the sector should hopefully convince Jeep to step it up.
Yawn, we get it. Are you going to buy a JL?

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yawn, we get it. Are you going to buy a JL?
Maybe eventually if Jeep gets their QC issues under control.

For example, say the Bronco causes Jeep to step things up - certainly I would.

I drive a lot of places that are in the middle of nowhere, and so having it tell me to pull over would be bad - I would have a multi-hour hike to somewhere with cell service, for example.

Also, I'm waiting until they get the rear window defroster cable thing sorted.

I've said before I want to buy one, but am waiting until they get more of these issues sorted; at least they have the weld issue corrected, and seem to have addressed the steering issues as well.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Maybe eventually if Jeep gets their QC issues under control.

For example, say the Bronco causes Jeep to step things up - certainly I would.

I drive a lot of places that are in the middle of nowhere, and so having it tell me to pull over would be bad - I would have a multi-hour hike to somewhere with cell service, for example.

Also, I'm waiting until they get the rear window defroster cable thing sorted.

I've said before I want to buy one, but am waiting until they get more of these issues sorted; at least they have the weld issue corrected, and seem to have addressed the steering issues as well.
lol

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
@COBill It seems that you have already determined what you want to on the JL, and you have come here seeking validation for your opinion. That is something that is easy to find. Basically it's confirmation bias. If you go looking for bad in something, then you will find it. I could easily do the exact same thing with any new vehicle. Your Cancer analogy is ridiculous. False equivalency will not sway anyone to your point of view. You are in Colorado, there are thousands of Wranglers there. Talk to a real owner. Hell talk to the service department technicians. The mechanics are usually pretty honest about what they see, many times upsetting the dealership. But to think that ALL Wranglers are lacking in quality because the people who have issues share them on a forum about the vehicle is kinda silly.

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon (2.0L non-etoque)
Thanks for the invite. Here's my question. We have a 2020 JLU with the Sky One-Touch Power Top and want to care for and protect our investment. The manual says very little (see below) about how to care for the fabric material or the open/close mechanism (motor, tracks, etc.). What owner maintenance is recommended to keep the fabric and the open/close mechanism in good working condition for long term use?

By the way, we love our new Jeep and the Power Top is simply amazing.

From Page 105 of the Manual:

Power Top Maintenance
Use only a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth to clean the quarter window glass panel.
Refer to “Bodywork” in Servicing And Maintenance” for further information. It contains important information on cleaning and caring for your vehicle.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
@COBill You are in Colorado, there are thousands of Wranglers there. Talk to a real owner. Hell talk to the service department technicians. The mechanics are usually pretty honest about what they see, many times upsetting the dealership.
I have which is why I know how widespread the issues are.

I actually have talked to a few dealer mechanics who have laughed hysterically when asked if they would ever buy one, their response being “I need a vehicle that’s reliable to get me to work.”

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

I actually have talked to a few dealer mechanics who have laughed hysterically when asked if they would ever buy one, their response being “I need a vehicle that’s reliable to get me to work.”

Cool story bro

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

Very, very true.

Note I don't hate Wranglers at all, I just wish they were built a bit better.
Choose to believe or not, it's up to you.

But look at your lcoal dealer; you won't find many Jeeps in the repair shop employee parking area.
753B71E9-EA3F-4370-B46A-251984E586D9.gif

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Choose to believe or not, it's up to you.

But look at your lcoal dealer; you won't find many Jeeps in the repair shop employee parking area.
Right, so the Rubicon that my Service Manager owns is a figment of my imagination? Or the 2dr JK that one of the techs owns. Is that also make believe? The Service manager wheels his as well. Good luck finding a Ford tech that does any real wheeling.
Sponsored