rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I understand when someone clearly gets a lemon and how that will (no pun intended) sour your taste. That is not representative of the brand as a whole.
Some... one?

Out of curiosity, is it when 100% of owners get lemons that you accept there is a problem?
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We all love our Jeeps, I absolutely do! There are flaws as there are in every vehicle produced! They just overhauled their iconic Wrangler (well almost 3 years ago) and IMO they knocked the ball out of the park! I believe They will address every issue in the upcoming years with every new release the same as every other manufacturer. I have owned too many vehicles to list, some where great some not so much. Some were from companies that will do handstands for you to make things right. The fact is even when they do and you paid a lot of money for this shiny new automobile and they r the top in every review and customer satisfaction blah blah blah.... their vehicle still has a senseless issue that it should not have when paying so much. My point is all car companies have their achilles heal and you either love the brand or you don’t! I understand when someone clearly gets a lemon and how that will (no pun intended) sour your taste. That is not representative of the brand as a whole.
Oh oh. Making statements like that will upset people on the forum. From what I read here Jeep makes the worst vehicle ever made. Even though they keep buying them.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Oh oh. Making statements like that will upset people on the forum. From what I read here Jeep makes the worst vehicle ever made. Even though they keep buying them.
Their QC is absolutely horrible, but unfortunately if you want this type of vehicle, you have no choice, at least until the new Bronco hits the streets.

On the other hand there is something to be said for the devil you know (the Wrangler) as compared to the first year of an entirely new model (the Bronco) with an unproven off-road record.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
They just were rated better initial quality than most brands including luxury brands. Seems pretty good QC.
You're talking largely to an echo chamber here. They only consider reports when it's bad, not when it's good.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’ve only had my Recon for 3 months and 2,000 miles. It may turn out to be a piece of garbage but my review regarding “Initial” quality at this point is very positive, After reading these forums I was very hesitant about ordering a new Jeep.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Their QC is absolutely horrible, but unfortunately if you want this type of vehicle, you have no choice, at least until the new Bronco hits the streets.

On the other hand there is something to be said for the devil you know (the Wrangler) as compared to the first year of an entirely new model (the Bronco) with an unproven off-road record.
I’ll engage.

Nobody needs or has to have a Wrangler. At the price point of $35k to $65k, there are plenty of other vehicles out there that’ll accomplish the task of getting from point A to point B, all within that price range.

Or you could spend $200 on some shoes and do what Jesus would do.

You seem to be dissatisfied with Jeep and most of your posts are disparaging to the brand - are you trying to be a dissenter? Do you personally have a JL and have you personally experienced a plethora of QC issues that FCA was unwilling to fix on your JL?

Or are you simply jumping on the forum, being a detractor and echo’ing other people’s experiences who you’ve heard on public forums? Keep in mind, these forums represent a minority of the Jeeping population and are not reflective of the entire population of owners. The sample size is probably not even statistically significant.

I have a TJ Wrangler and I’ve not had any problems that couldn’t be fixed by aftermarket. Granted I bought mine used, for a very low price and well after the warranty was up so I didn’t care. I’m sure whoever had the Jeep before me enjoyed it as it was regularly cared for with no major problems.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I’ll engage.

Nobody needs or has to have a Wrangler. At the price point of $35k to $65k, there are plenty of other vehicles out there that’ll accomplish the task of getting from point A to point B, all within that price range.

Or you could spend $200 on some shoes and do what Jesus would do.

You seem to be dissatisfied with Jeep and most of your posts are disparaging to the brand - are you trying to be a dissenter? Do you personally have a JL and have you personally experienced a plethora of QC issues that FCA was unwilling to fix on your JL?

Or are you simply jumping on the forum, being a detractor and echo’ing other people’s experiences who you’ve heard on public forums? Keep in mind, these forums represent a minority of the Jeeping population and are not reflective of the entire population of owners. The sample size is probably not even statistically significant.

I have a TJ Wrangler and I’ve not had any problems that couldn’t be fixed by aftermarket. Granted I bought mine used, for a very low price and well after the warranty was up so I didn’t care. I’m sure whoever had the Jeep before me enjoyed it as it was regularly cared for with no major problems.
I've long been a fan of the brand, and having once owned a TJ that literally spent at least two days per month at the dealer for the three years I owned it, I know how horrid QC was even then for what are unforgiveable issues that Jeep simply doesn't care to fix; for example, there is no reason why, two models later, Wranglers should still accumulate rain inside unless the soft top has been cut.

I'd like to get a new Wrangler someday, and have always wanted to, but admit to being spoiled rotten by my 2011 FJ Cruiser that, with 160,000 miles on the clock, has been back to the dealer to have a seat belt-related recall performed and otherwise just for oil changes and maintenance. Living with the TJ was a nightmare, from having the driveshaft replaced four times for clunks, having the horn and entire gauge cluster go dead several times while driving, having the seat belt retractors stop working if they so much as got dusty inside, and of course the month they had to keep it and put me in a rental Camry to fix the fact that whenever it rained I had a good inch of water in the passenger side footwell, something they eventually fixed using an entire tube of caulk to silicone the blower motor housing to the firewall. Having my TJ with 1200 miles on it on its first road trip turn the evap coil into a solid block of ice wasn't a good start, either.

Time and time again when the same QC issues turn up in Jeeps, they're forgiven by the faithful. I've mentioned before that when I found many TJs weren't even fully painted when they should have been, the cry was "It's a Jeep, go buy a spray can and fix it yourself."

The same seems to be true here - spend $60K on a new vehicle, then go bolt on aftermarket parts to fix what the factory didn't with the fun additional factor of voiding your warranty on that part of the vehicle.

There is something unique to Wranglers, such that no other vehicle has its history or can do what it can do, but if there someday comes a reliable alternative from another maker, it's really going to hurt.

A simple read-through of threads here show that for many, the ownership experience has not improved much since 1997, and that is what has kept me from ever putting money down on a new Wrangler.

What will I get to replace my FJ someday when I need to? Who knows, but until Jeep ups their QC game just a little, it seems silly to consider a Wrangler anything more than a daydream and an invitation to once again get to know everyone in my dealer's service department on a first name basis.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I've long been a fan of the brand, and having once owned a TJ that literally spent at least two days per month at the dealer for the three years I owned it, I know how horrid QC was even then for what are unforgiveable issues that Jeep simply doesn't care to fix; for example, there is no reason why, two models later, Wranglers should still accumulate rain inside unless the soft top has been cut.

I'd like to get a new Wrangler someday, and have always wanted to, but admit to being spoiled rotten by my 2011 FJ Cruiser that, with 160,000 miles on the clock, has been back to the dealer to have a seat belt-related recall performed and otherwise just for oil changes and maintenance. Living with the TJ was a nightmare, from having the driveshaft replaced four times for clunks, having the horn and entire gauge cluster go dead several times while driving, having the seat belt retractors stop working if they so much as got dusty inside, and of course the month they had to keep it and put me in a rental Camry to fix the fact that whenever it rained I had a good inch of water in the passenger side footwell, something they eventually fixed using an entire tube of caulk to silicone the blower motor housing to the firewall. Having my TJ with 1200 miles on it on its first road trip turn the evap coil into a solid block of ice wasn't a good start, either.

Time and time again when the same QC issues turn up in Jeeps, they're forgiven by the faithful. I've mentioned before that when I found many TJs weren't even fully painted when they should have been, the cry was "It's a Jeep, go buy a spray can and fix it yourself."

The same seems to be true here - spend $60K on a new vehicle, then go bolt on aftermarket parts to fix what the factory didn't with the fun additional factor of voiding your warranty on that part of the vehicle.

There is something unique to Wranglers, such that no other vehicle has its history or can do what it can do, but if there someday comes a reliable alternative from another maker, it's really going to hurt.

A simple read-through of threads here show that for many, the ownership experience has not improved much since 1997, and that is what has kept me from ever putting money down on a new Wrangler.

What will I get to replace my FJ someday when I need to? Who knows, but until Jeep ups their QC game just a little, it seems silly to consider a Wrangler anything more than a daydream and an invitation to once again get to know everyone in my dealer's service department on a first name basis.
What's the point of being, and posting, on this forum if you aren't here to help?

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What's the point of being, and posting, on this forum if you aren't here to help?
It's to learn, give the benefit of my experience dealing with Jeep, Jeep issues and Jeep dealers, and overall be a source of knowledge perhaps not on your specific issue, but as an example to note that for example water has been pouring into the interiors of new Wranglers during heavy rains for at least 25 years and three distinct models now.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
COBill is in every quality control thread whining about quality and hasn’t owned a Wrangler in 10 years. Amazing
So I guess all those who are all over the "Issues" forum are just whiners too?

Best just delete that area of the board and only allow positive comments then.

I'm not sitting here berating people for buying a Jeep, I'm noting that things haven't gotten better since I owned mine.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
So I guess all those who are all over the "Issues" forum are just whiners too?

Best just delete that area of the board and only allow positive comments then.

I'm not sitting here berating people for buying a Jeep, I'm noting that things haven't gotten better since I owned mine.
You haven't owned a JL and whine about the quality. The people in the issues forum have real issues and experience with this model. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why your comments are stupid while theres are valid.

Things haven't gotten better since you owned one yet almost every single former JK/TJ/YJ owner says the JL is a whole lot better. Ironic.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You haven't owned a JL and whine about the quality. The people in the issues forum have real issues and experience with this model. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why your comments are stupid.

Things haven't gotten better since you owned one yet almost every single former JK/TJ/YJ owner says the JL is a whole lot better. Ironic.
I don't remember any TJ/JK/YJ owners having their Jeeps tell them to pull over because the engine will stop soon.

I don't remember having the defroster wiring fall off the windshield be a problem with past Wranglers.

Obviously, most didn't have rear view cameras, but the fact they don't always work should be a NHTSA safety recall since it's a Government mandate that put it there in the first place.

You seem to think I am whining despite not owning one, but in a very real sense these go beyond what people would expect in a $60K vehicle.

I"m far from the only person to berate Jeep on these issues, the trade press and auto reviewers do it regularly.

Note that many of these same sources also berate Land Rover for their unreliability, so it's not just a Jeep thing.
Sponsored