Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

gm920

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2012 Chevy Silverado "work truck", 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rocky Mtn Edition (for sale), 2004 National Tropical Cat C7 350 HP Turbo
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Figured it would be crap. Bunch of self-absorbed management getting together 'acting' as they care. Hey, here's an easy one.....stop the rain gutter leaking inside the cab!!! .......you folks should be ashamed of yourselves. "Engineers" what a joke.
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator

The only one with "engineer" in his title was the only one not present!

Advertisement

OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I posted a question about the W12 clutch recall and they did address this, but without providing much information. It was stated only that parts were available, but when I login to mopar.com and look at the recall for my Jeep, it shows that "repair parts are not available". I have not called my dealer yet, but I did ask (via the website) to be notified via email when parts were available.

I also asked for some additional information on what will be done to fix this recall, but that was not addressed at all. I am wondering if the entire clutch disc and pressure plate assembly will be replaced. How about the throwout bearing? And flywheel? Maybe they'll just add a scattershield to prevent catastrophic damage to the fuel lines, electrical wiring, and occupants of the vehicle.

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 5.48.01 PM.png
To follow up on your request for more information on the clutch recall:
This campaign is actually running ahead of the timeline required by regulation. Notices to advise customers of service availability are scheduled to be mailed next week.

Recalls are complex undertakings that demand engineering discipline and careful logistical planning. As with every recall, this campaign is proceeding in the best interests of customer safety.

We urge customers to follow the instructions on their recall notices. Those with questions or concerns may call 1-800-853-1403.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I don't know, and I'm not sure that that's a bad thing.

Sure, it must be easy to sound like I'm just joining the cynical band wagon here but I'm not.

Fortunately I can summarize it for you using a metaphor:

A family (us) has gathered around for an intervention about grandpa's health. Grandpa's oldest child starts things going:

"Grandpa (playing the role of FCA here), know I speak for not only myself but the family when I say that we love you, and because of this want you to address a few key areas about your health that can make a huge difference in the quality and duration of your life. For example, that blood pressure and cholesterol medication...."

"Son," as grandpa cuts him off, "did I ever tell you the story about how your grandma and I were caught skinny dipping in Sherman's creek?"
Even in these times, it sounded like it was a complete waste of time.

No half doors it is then. I wish someone sued them for launching a vehicle by showing them to people and then for going all quiet. There has to be a law against that.

Also, while I'm ranting, I don't care for the damn Gladiator. Ever since that crap came along, JL's progress has taken a back seat of a Wrangler (not an Unlimited).

50% of the time I'm thinking about Jeeps, I'm thinking about my JKUO I let go to get the JLUR.

californiajeeping

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's true Ed. What I'd like to know is why.

Gentlemen of the livestream, compare the questions that were here before you went live to the time you spent on them.

How you think you did?! (Hint: really bad.)

Some critical stuff was barely acknowledged, then given seconds of discussion time if talked about at all. And that's not sour grapes. I don't have any major problems but others do, and time should have been spent discussing what most people wanted to hear about. Sure, complaints may represent more of what's in this thread, but you asked for comments. Did you not know that's what might happen beforehand?

Dozens of question went unaddressed let alone discussed when anecdotes and concept vehicles, things not asked for, seemed to take up most of your time.

Look, next time, just be honest. Tell us you're going to shoot the breeze with a fireside like chat and don't solicit our questions if you don't intend on making them the focus--not that most of us are surprised.

And for those who think I'm, like anti-FCA or something, please, go through the pages of issues raised here and compare it to what was discussed.
100% agreed. And now we know where Jeep dealers get their culture of avoidance from. :(

Sippican

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Nate Buelow - Moderator

Not surprising. I predict the rain gutter leak will be with Jeep for at least another 10 years. With 'crayon head' thinking he is doing a wonderful job.

Mark Allen is the head of Jeep design at Fiat-Chrysler. "Head crayon for Jeep" is how he describes himself. - At least he is honest in his abilities.

AVENTUS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Damn i missed it.
Would love to know if that modular 3-panel sunroof with unibody frame will ever be offered (the one we all saw concept art of before the JLU’s launch), or at least an OEM hyperlight pop-up camper top.

powelld353

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
As usual and as expected FCA shit the bed with this. :no:

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, did they cover half doors at all?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
Did I want more? Sure. I am sure we all had high expecetations wanting all our personal questions answered. I also understand they can only do so much under the circumstances. It's impossible to please everyone, especially in a very informal 45 minute meeting. I give Jeep a lot credit and appreciate the effort. There is a little light at the end of the tunnel. It sounds like they are listening and would consider some "wish" options if they can be justified.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part? I hope at the very least this thread eliminates a few links in the chain of command. Maybe this thread can serve as a direct line of communication to someone at Jeep who has access to people working directly with the product. The prompt reply back about the manual trans recall is a example. Trust me dealers could have this information and screw it up. lol.

Again, hopefully this thread serves a little like a inside line to decision makers.

Thanks again to Jeep for doing this.

Last edited:

xray

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just to backtrack a bit; the entire "roundtable" was completely tone deaf for both the time and place. It felt like you're some little kid while the parents shush you, and tell you to play. Streaming in 480p is just ridiculous as a passive feed.

But I digress, there was one tidbit which was more exciting, and that is of electrification. They sounded like they were treading carefully across the generations of Jeep owner for the eventual full transition to EV-based powertrains. They were doing a softsell, while tossing out some intermediate possibilities like a V8 to appease some fraction of owners, while ultimately making more money, which is the whole point given that Jeep is the only diamond in that garbage stable called FCA.

Seems like a split strategy before the gas is done for. I'd switch to an EV if they had one, but a 4k mid-size brick is a tough nut laden with batteries using current tech.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Just to backtrack a bit; the entire "roundtable" was completely tone deaf for both the time and place. It felt like you're some little kid while the parents shush you, and tell you to play. Streaming in 480p is just ridiculous as a passive feed.

But I digress, there was one tidbit which was more exciting, and that is of electrification. They sounded like they were treading carefully across the generations of Jeep owner for the eventual full transition to EV-based powertrains. They were doing a softsell, while tossing out some intermediate possibilities like a V8 to appease some fraction of owners, while ultimately making more money, which is the whole point given that Jeep is the only diamond in that garbage stable called FCA.

Seems like a split strategy before the gas is done for. I'd switch to an EV if they had one, but a 4k mid-size brick is a tough nut laden with batteries using current tech.
I’d love to go to an EV, if it was economically and functionally sensible. Only problem, at least where I live, is hurricanes. I’m SOL if I lose power for weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Figured it would be crap. Bunch of self-absorbed management getting together 'acting' as they care. Hey, here's an easy one.....stop the rain gutter leaking inside the cab!!! .......you folks should be ashamed of yourselves. "Engineers" what a joke.
Pretty sure if they see your well conceived missive it will go straight into the garbage can. Way to constructively get your point across.

xray

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I’d love to go to an EV, if it was economically and functionally sensible. Only problem, at least where I live, is hurricanes. I’m SOL if I lose power for weeks.
There's always solar! The panels themselves are incredibly cheap thanks to commoditization. Here on the West coast there's basically almost no excuse why every house isn't covered in solar cells.

diesel_jeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
If Rivian comes out with their vehicles I think they have Jeep beat. FCA has proven to be slow with the electrification curve and has outsourced most of it to bosch. The upcoming plug in is basically re-purposed minivan bits with a ZF hybrid transmission. From what I have seen with regards to the leaked specs on Jeep.com I don't think it is going to be that much of a revelation. FCA just doesn't have the technical expertise to produce a real compelling EV so they are re-purposing the minivan bits in the interim

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement