OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Here is my question: The gladiator mojave is looking to attract the go fast desert crowd, yet the engine is the same old 3.6. Any plans or thoughts on adding some power from the factory to deliver that missing element?
Great question, we will add it to the list for the team. One item to note, the Savvy Racing team won its class in the SCORE desert series on a stock 3.6L last year, same engine through the entire series.
Thank you for being a fan of Jeep!
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
My question: There seems to be some concern about the longevity of the DPF in the new JL Diesel. Please give us Jeep's thoughts/experiences with this issue during the roundtable.
Great question, we will add it to the list. Thank you for being a fan of the brand!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Not saying this to discredit you...but this is my 6th Wrangler and my last jk went through 4 windshields in one year .... and my yj and tj both had lots of pits ...actually one of my tj's (had two) had a break !

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Thank you for doing this. I’d like to ask about the battery system in the JL. What was the thought behind the design of the current dual battery system and is there any thought about a future system that protects a good battery from being drained by a dead one, and is easier to jumpstart when a dead battery is experienced.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Probably the number one issue that many new Wrangler owners have is bad steering. It doesn't seem to effect every Wrangler, but many have loose feeling steering. There have been several attempts from corporate to address this with new revisions of parts like the steering dampner, steering gear box, and drag link. The thing that I don't see being addressed is the caster. Many Wranglers are coming from the factory with very little caster. Some as low as 4°, where I see many using aftermarket parts to set caster to a much better tracking 6-7°. Is this something that you can get your engineers to look at?

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
my question is, they are now upcharging for certain colors, marketing decision to brake that out. why not offer a rust proofing package with better coatings for the floor pan, frame, suspension components etc as an option, kind of like bed liner is an option. Would increase the budget for something important to the lifespan of the Jeep considering the chemical poured on the roads.

Ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2016 JK
First post here!

Will there ever be a model with the Rubicon off road performance features, but based off of the Sport? Like a Rubicon Sport model. If not, why?

I would imagine there are more people like myself wanting the off road capabilities of the Rubicon without the fluff.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Great idea and thank your for doing this.
Any thought to expanding options?
For instance. I use a Jeep like a Jeep and like them to be as base as possible, manual door locks. windows, etc.
I would love the option of being able to order a basic JLUS and have the option of ordering Rubicon axles with 4.10 gears and/or the Rubicon transfer case. Now the only way you can get those is buy take-off parts or get a $50k Rubicon.

Another thought. The base 5" radio is pretty bad. Make the 7" the base radio?
Thanks again.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I would like to understand what the Jeep brand is doing to hold the dealer network to higher customer standards, especially on the maintenance side of things. These boards are FULL of loyal Jeep owners reporting slow, shoddy, or even just plain wrong technical service — even for lowly oil changes.

I am new to Jeep and frankly I have needed to leave a prior vehicle overnight maybe a handful of times in 30 years. My FIRST visit for my Jeep (to check on the craptastic ESS system) required a “battery test” that was going to take two days. And this was after waiting 4 days to schedule an appointment. Really?

“Jeep Brand what exactly are you doing to hold dealers to a higher service standard and how many Jeep badges have you removed in the last 3 years from dealerships that don’t meet those standards?”

You are now selling Jeeps for $50k+. That’s Luxury Vehicle pricing. How are you intending to get dealers to provide a luxury vehicle experience?

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Hi, thank you for taking questions!!

There have been many owners on this forum complaining about the knocking noise coming from the factory D44 rear axle. Upon closer inspection, the noise is coming from the Limited Slip Differential (LSD).

Upon even more further investigation, the fluid inside is black and the ball joints are prematurely worn which will result in early, expedited premature failure of the rear axle.

Has this issue been fixed for MY2020 JL Wranglers and should those with the Limited Slip Differentials be concerned?

For the Mopar 2” lift, would you recommend adding rear geometry correction brackets as well as front adjustable track bars?

Lastly, can we get a New Holland Blue paint color for the JL and can we please get black painted hooks on the mopar steel bumper if we purchase thru the dealership parts store or aftermarket?

My Wrangler is a Sport S with the limited slip diff and I really want the Rubicon steel bumpers but don’t want the red hooks. Nor do I want rear axle failure due to internal LSD failure. Thanks in advance!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If you look at every forum out there you will always find a thread in regards to steering in fact you’ll find many threads on the subject. I hope they will address this and not give some canned answer like “when you lift a Jeep you messed it up”. Also the windshield because when the lead designer did TFL you tube video and said it’s cause it’s a straight up and down window that was blowing off the question. I’ve had 2 Jeep’s before my JL for over 7 years and never had an issue, my JL had to get replaced in 2 months.
Which brings up another question: What is the official Jeep stance on aftermarket parts and factory warranties? Clearly the success of the Wrangler goes hand-in-glove with the customization industry. How does Jeep walk that tightrope without simply okaying their lift kits exclusively to the exclusion of the other vendors?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. This sounds like a great idea.

One question I have, and I don’t know whether it is appropriate for this event is, a lot of forum members and others have been trying to add proximity locks, passive entry to their vehicles. Could FCA, create an aftermarket package that allows this to be done by dealers?

Thanks!
Adding to this, training all dealers and area managers on how to enter added Mopar parts such as this into the FCA database so the Jeep recognizes them.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
When will we see a Furious Fuschia Wrangler?