Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I still don’t think it’s going to happen, but quite honestly even if it does, I’m out and into a Bronco.

Some of us want so much more out of Wrangler than FCA taking the cheap way out and slapping the biggest engine they have laying around in it. This doesn’t accomplish the goal of delivering buyers a better Wrangler. There are so many more things that need attention.

Here’s what I want to see FCA do to make Wrangler a better product:
  • Better top options
  • Better doorless driving options
  • Better powertrain options (NOT the Hemi)
  • Better technology (Uconnect5)
  • Better steering and handling
  • Fix the annoying details they got wrong like rain gutters that dump water inside the cabin when doors open
  • More suspension and tire options
  • Better color options
  • More real accessories rather than the vaporware Mopar promised at launch.
  • A better service experience
  • Fix the quality and build inconsistencies
This is by no means exhaustive, but it’s real change and real upgrades that appeal to a wider range of buyers than a V8. The 392 isn’t quite slapping lipstick on a pig, but it’s close. I’ll wait until mid-cycle refresh before any decisions are made, but unless Jeep actually makes meaningful improvements, I’ll be looking at a Bronco Wildtrak.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I still don’t think it’s going to happen, but quite honestly even if it does, I’m out and into a Bronco.

Some of us want so much more out of Wrangler than FCA taking the cheap way out and slapping the biggest engine they have laying around in it. This doesn’t accomplish the goal of delivering buyers a better Wrangler. There are so many more things that need attention.

• Better top options
  • Fix the annoying details they got wrong rain gutters that dump water inside the cabin when doors open
  • Better color options
This is by no means exhaustive, but it’s real change and real upgrades that appeal to a wider range of buyers than a V8. The 392 isn’t quite slapping lipstick on a pig, but it’s close. I’ll wait until mid-cycle refresh before any decisions are made, but unless Jeep actually makes meaningful improvements, I’ll be looking at a Bronco Wildtrak.
All valid points. I imagine it's going to take another generation of the Wrangler to address these issues. New Wrangler models historically get released every 10 years or so. Maybe they'll accelerate the next generation.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU

• Better top options
  • Fix the annoying details they got wrong rain gutters that dump water inside the cabin when doors open
  • Better color options
Very well said. I have my Bronco reserved. And guess what, they have MANY more color choices that 5 shades of gray, red and yellow. Honestly, wth, FCA knows the Bronco is coming and you withhold ALL non-standard colours from your customers!

I have ordered Hellayella, only cause I have no other color options (I've honestly grown to love the colour since I decided on it...but that's beside the point).

How is it that the 392 is more beneficial than giving customers a choice of a friggin color! No reason to withhold colors from the public on a new model year launch. And ya, "that's how Jeep does it" whatever.

Bronco has velocity blue (hydro blue / lightning blue imo), red, cyber orange (yellow and punkn together), green, grey, light blue, white, etc...not to mention 3 unknown colors which they're probably withholding until order banks open.

Anyway, simple things have made me disappointed with the Jeep buying experience and nothing to do with the V6 engine I ordered. I'm fine with it.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I assume this is one of the Moab concepts that didn't get released due to COVID. Being released on the day of the Bronco unveiling must be a complete coincidence
Not to mention the obvious horses in the 15sec promo vid!

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
It's just a concept.
They are letting you know that if you want a 392 in your wrangler it is possible.
They will never sell you one from the factory.
Plus, if you can afford a 80k wrangler, you can afford to have someone do the swap.
Stop waiting for jeep to make it if you really want it.
Sure you wont have a factory MOPAR warranty, but suck it up and do it if you want it so bad and STFU about it please.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW nailed it. I knew when the JL came out that there should have been an option for 35s just to keep bragging rights.
Yes. I think, in hindsight, Jeep should have offered 35” tires from the factory. However, offering optional tires is a tricky proposition. Most buyers rather save that money and get the exact tires they want from Discount Tire or wherever.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Yes. I think, in hindsight, Jeep should have offered 35” tires from the factory. However, offering optional tires is a tricky proposition. Most buyers rather save that money and get the exact tires they want from Discount Tire or wherever.
I generally agree with this. As the factory 35s would probably be those garbage BFG ATs. But it's the point that Ford now will have 3 vehicles with factory 35s. While all of FCA, or I guess it's Stellantis now, have exactly 0 vehicles equipped with 35 inch tires. The company that brought us the factory lockers in the Rubicon, and Power Wagon, that is known for building capable off road vehicles, is getting outdone on paper by not equipping tires, that fit.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
All valid points. I imagine it's going to take another generation of the Wrangler to address these issues. New Wrangler models historically get released every 10 years or so. Maybe they'll accelerate the next generation.
You want a new generation so all our $60K rigs loose their value and depreciate??? And all that because Ford released an IFS SUV with some gimmicks?? Some amazing videography and you all lost your footing..

We dont need them to change anything really..

We have solid axles with lockers. We can lift our rigs 50 feet up in the air. We can upgrade to dana60 axles. We can upgrade to 35", 37" 40" AND 42" tires and we have 3 engine choices one of them being an amazing diesel.. So sit down and let the Bronco people enjoy their SUV and stop falling for spec sheets.. We still dominate the trails. Broncos are welcome to join

Yes we need more colors... They are coming. Chill.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I don't know about you but 99.9% of my driving is done on the road, not the trail. I love the trails and the Wrangler is a rockstar there, but let's be real. The Wrangler's shortcomings are evident where most people drive their vehicles - the road. I was willing to make compromises when Wrangler was the only product in the segment. Not so much anymore now that there are choices.

As I've said before, it's Jeep's turn to show us what they have by way of meaningful improvements.

So sit down and let the Bronco people enjoy their SUV and stop falling for spec sheets.. We still dominate the trails.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
It's just a concept.
They are letting you know that if you want a 392 in your wrangler it is possible.
They will never sell you one from the factory.
Plus, if you can afford a 80k wrangler, you can afford to have someone do the swap.
Stop waiting for jeep to make it if you really want it.
Sure you wont have a factory MOPAR warranty, but suck it up and do it if you want it so bad and STFU about it please.
You are missing the point - the 392 should not be a 30,000 option but that’s the cost of a 392 swap. If done from the factory with the upgrades listed it should be a $12,000 option. That’s what we want - perhaps FCA will listen. If not, it looks like we now have a new choice that is promising.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
You want a new generation so all our $60K rigs loose their value and depreciate??? And all that because Ford released an IFS SUV with some gimmicks?? Some amazing videography and you all lost your footing..

We dont need them to change anything really..

We have solid axles with lockers. We can lift our rigs 50 feet up in the air. We can upgrade to dana60 axles. We can upgrade to 35", 37" 40" AND 42" tires and we have 3 engine choices one of them being an amazing diesel.. So sit down and let the Bronco people enjoy their SUV and stop falling for spec sheets.. We still dominate the trails. Broncos are welcome to join

Yes we need more colors... They are coming. Chill.
Ironic that you're telling me to chill.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Look how long the Jeep has lasted, compared to the Bronco!
Bronco had a clean slate to work with, while copying Jeep.
Jeep kept to the tried and true body style and that ok with me!
Ok, so my point is how long is Ford going to keep the Bronco this time?!

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
FCA needs to focus on better engine options other than their V8 choices. Mopar can make a great V8 but struggle with anything that has less cylinders. The Pentastar has been fairly reliable, but it has a horrible power delivery for the wrangler. The 2.0 is over complicated for the application.

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
FCA needs to focus on better engine options other than their V8 choices. Mopar can make a great V8 but struggle with anything that has less cylinders. The Pentastar has been fairly reliable, but it has a horrible power delivery for the wrangler. The 2.0 is over complicated for the application.
The inline 6 turbo gas engine turbo "tornado" engine will replace the v6 probably during the refresh. It will compete with the 2.7 for sure.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I could see them making a production 5.7 before a 6.4. It would be a lot more practical, and cheaper.

A 6.4 can be fun as litebrite has shown but that mod is very expensive and overkill for rock crawling. the v6 is actually more than enough power to get it over all the rocks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.