Not open for further replies.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
These are going to be donor Jeeps if they do release it. I can already picture the idiots buying these and then street racing them and doing stupid crap and then rolling them. Tire manufacturers are going to love it because of all the idiots doing burn outs on 37s. Probably be a gas guzzler tax added to it as well. I'm not poopooing a V8 Jeep. My CJ-5 has a built 401 so I know how much fun it is. I also know how scary and dangerous it can be.

I am interested in seeing the full time 4wd transfer case because that option wasn't available when I recently ordered my diesel Rubicon. The torque rating is almost identical.

The half doors are nice but I know it's just a concept. I would like them though as the one I ordered has the sky one-touch top.
Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
These are going to be donor Jeeps if they do release it. I can already picture the idiots buying these and then street racing them and doing stupid crap and then rolling them. Tire manufacturers are going to love it because of all the idiots doing burn outs on 37s. Probably be a gas guzzler tax added to it as well. I'm not poopooing a V8 Jeep. My CJ-5 has a built 401 so I know how much fun it is. I also know how scary and dangerous it can be.

I am interested in seeing the full time 4wd transfer case because that option wasn't available when I recently ordered my diesel Rubicon. The torque rating is almost identical.

The half doors are nice but I know it's just a concept. I would like them though as the one I ordered has the sky one-touch top.
Someone on the reddit thread asked “how many launches do you get out of the Dana 44 before you liquify a dif” lmao

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Someone on the reddit thread asked “how many launches do you get out of the Dana 44 before you liquify a dif” lmao
Ha! Yeah, that and the transmission. Imagine if they a offer a manual trans! When I was young I grenaded a 9" in a 71 Bronco with a stock 302 and two barrel. One clutch dump too many!
This is probably also why it has the full time 4wd transfer case. So you can destroy two diffs at a time!

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
While Jeep might look at this as a way to take away some from the Bronco's big reveal today, another way to look at it might be not only will the Bronco be making the Wrangler look sad today, but Jeep is also making the Wrangler that you can buy look sad. Double wammy against real production Wranglers today.
This. Watch sales numbers TANK until this comes out.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently it is a 392 HEMI, not a 3.92

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept 1594657550384

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I For one love it. And with all the aftermarket crap available for the 392 already....600 HP will take about 1/2 day of bolt-ons and a tune.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
welp.. here's my 2 cents and questions...

what will the gas mileage be (range is what im really asking about here).
will you be able to get it with a manual (i dont think so)
what axles will you get (needs 60s...)
and finally .. what price (im betting this is gonna be a special/expensive jeep sorta like the trailhawk or the hellcat based SUVs that were revealed in the last week or 2.

actually i would prefer a twin turbo v6 (the rumored 3.0 I6 if twin turbo would also be ,my preference).

i think the jeep needs a bit more. i guess it gets a 'bit more' with the diesel but there are all kinds of reasons why im not interested in a diesel and since a lot of my driving is short around town trips a diesel simply doesnt make sense for me.

and you know what else i want? manual locking hubs and get rid of the half-assed two piece front axel...

in the end, if they make this, it is gonna be very expensive.....

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I think the 5.7 hemi would be a great motor for the wrangler. Better than the 392. If my memory serves me correctly, the HP and torque is lower in the rev range for the 5.7 compared to the 392.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I think the 5.7 hemi would be a great motor for the wrangler. Better than the 392. If my memory serves me correctly, the HP and torque is lower in the rev range for the 5.7 compared to the 392.
That can be tinkered with though. Previously, the 392 was in performance vehicles where top end power is important.

But I agree - something in between my somewhat sluggish JLUR and a sub 5 second Wrangler is the sensible choice. I'm guessing the 392 Wrangler going to get 12-14MPG as well. I'm no environmentalist but even I would feel guilty about that.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I’m disappointed they announced it as a concept. It looks desperate.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
You can literally smell the desperation. It took Ford to build a V8 Wrangler.

Jeep: No you cannot have V8 Wrangler
Ford:
Also Jeep: Hey look at THIS!
We should actually be blaming Ford for not bringing the Bronco to market earlier. Competition benefits the consumer as everyone knows. Had they started selling the Bronco a couple of years ago, I bet we'd already have a 392 Wrangler, a Mohave Wrangler, and maybe even a functioning steering rack.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.