Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
The one and only unfortunate part of this ...I can’t see this being any less then $80,000
No doubt. I'm sure if you did a conversion like Litebrite did (and I think the did it right), you'd be well north of 80k.
Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Take my money. My last Jeep was a CJ7 with a built 360. Just sold it a few months ago.

chipbutty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non yet
How many years have the Ford fan boys been waiting for their Bronco LOL
In the meantime Jeep has sold what 600K JL Wranglers. It will take another year before Broncos trikle in to the Ford Dealers and the Ford Fanboys will bring their vaseline in to buy one:)
Using the word fanboy won’t stop whats coming...

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
When they posted the teaser, I was very curious to see what axles would be used. I have to say, I'm a little surprised by the Dana 44s.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I don't know if I'll be blasted for saying this but I'm sure some will agree at least.

Bronco was introduced as a future production vehicle in Detroit, in 2017!!
https://www.motor1.com/news/133270/new-ford-bronco-facts/

https://www.google.com/search?q=201...rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA904CA904#imgrc=-b3Bk9wHu-lewM

The concept Bronco was in 2004!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco#Concepts_and_Prototypes

* however, this concept prolly has virtually no similarities to the production one being unveiled today.

My only point is that FCA has at MINIMUM, 4 years (and a maximum of 16 years) to come up with something other than a 392 V8 concept Jeep Wrangler. When I say other than, I mean that they had plenty of time to make an ACTUAL vehicle and NOT a concept. In 4 years they should have at least actually came up with a plan to develop it. What have they been doing? People asleep at the headquarters? Like everyone else though, I'd say an I6 would be better anyway and the V8 looks like a better option for say the Altitude trim...

I dunno, even if this 392 is true, I don't see someone who wants to buy a Bronco jumping ship to get a 392 Wrangler, just because they wedged a MASSIVE 6.4L hemi into it! That's bigger than my GT350R motor that does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds (I think...I don't really know, and honestly don't even care lol).

And with that said, at the opposite side of things, I do see people jumping off a possible Wrangler purchase to get a Bronco due to either Bronco hype (which is kinda well deserved...they have built this from the ground up...can't say the same for the Wrangler) or simply they're tired of FCA reliability, etc (this is just what I've read in this forum).

As I've said in other posts, I do have a Ford, so I like Ford, but I also have a Rubi on order, so I'm not a Bronco fan boy or anything, I'm just looking at options. 60K is not chump change, and I already wasted money on my Golf R (winter car) I'm not about to make another mistake. I will buy what I feel will give me the most enjoyment and practicality.

R

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Using the word fanboy won’t stop whats coming...
There was a post I saw on reddit a LONG time ago (over a year) about how Ford missed the boat by waiting so long with Bronco.

As if SUV’s are just going to stop selling well.... and sedans are making a come back? Bronco, 4Runner, and wrangler are all just getting started and I can’t wait to see where we’re at in 20 years. It will be insane.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
"We are anxious to gauge their reaction to this new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept"

Don’t be anxious about that sir, WE want it... Just focus on prepare the factory to build it ASAP and open the order... ... oh yes last but not least... keep cool on the final price ;-)

chipbutty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non yet
I don't know if I'll be blasted for saying this but I'm sure some will agree at least.

Bronco was introduced as a future production vehicle in Detroit, in 2017!!
https://www.motor1.com/news/133270/new-ford-bronco-facts/

https://www.google.com/search?q=2017+bronco+concept+"detroit"&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiTm9TyvcrqAhVIWK0KHbQCDd4Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=2017+bronco+concept+"detroit"&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1Du6ANYuPoDYJr9A2gAcAB4AIABhAGIAfsBkgEDMC4ymAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img&ei=qHUMX5OnKciwtQW0hbTwDQ&bih=578&biw=1280&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA904CA904#imgrc=-b3Bk9wHu-lewM

The concept Bronco was in 2004!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco#Concepts_and_Prototypes

* however, this concept prolly has virtually no similarities to the production one being unveiled today.

My only point is that FCA has at MINIMUM, 4 years (and a maximum of 16 years) to come up with something other than a 392 V8 concept Jeep Wrangler. When I say other than, I mean that they had plenty of time to make an ACTUAL vehicle and NOT a concept. In 4 years they should have at least actually came up with a plan to develop it. What have they been doing? People asleep at the headquarters? Like everyone else though, I'd say an I6 would be better anyway and the V8 looks like a better option for say the Altitude trim...

I dunno, even if this 392 is true, I don't see someone who wants to buy a Bronco jumping ship to get a 392 Wrangler, just because they wedged a MASSIVE 6.4L hemi into it! That's bigger than my GT350R motor that does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds (I think...I don't really know, and honestly don't even care lol).

And with that said, at the opposite side of things, I do see people jumping off a possible Wrangler purchase to get a Bronco due to either Bronco hype (which is kinda well deserved...they have built this from the ground up...can't say the same for the Wrangler) or simply they're tired of FCA reliability, etc (this is just what I've read in this forum).

As I've said in other posts, I do have a Ford, so I like Ford, but I also have a Rubi on order, so I'm not a Bronco fan boy or anything, I'm just looking at options. 60K is not chump change, and I already wasted money on my Golf R (winter car) I'm not about to make another mistake. I will buy what I feel will give me the most enjoyment and practicality.

R
Curious why was the Golf a waste?

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus, if this is true. Seeing Ford's engine lineup. I can't see them putting a V8 in the Bronco, it would be a more powerful V6 turbo. Maybe the 3.0 or 3.5. The Raptor doesn't even have the Coyote motor yet. We will see, nobody knows.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious why was the Golf a waste?
I shouldn't say a waste. Great car, very quick and nimble. Just not for me. Cargo too small and I actually find it kinda boring on the highway...I don't know why. It just feels too refined if that makes any sense. In the twisties it's quite a lot of fun...it just sticks to the road and you can throw that thing around.

I blame myself for this. I went from a full size 2008 RR which I loved (maintenance...wanted to get rid of it before major stuff like air bags started going...just was starting to cost to much). Right from the start, I had a feeling the Golf would be too small. And honestly, I miss my truck (if we can call a RR a truck). But at least in 2008 it wasn't a pavement princess like they are now.

R

Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Jeep® Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept

jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept.jpg

• Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept’s V-8 engine amps up Jeep fun-to-drive quotient and Trail Rated 4x4 capability
  • 6.4-liter V-8 engine with 392 cubic inches of displacement results in 450 horsepower,450 lb.-ft. of torque and a 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds
  • The Jeep brand’s exclusive Trail Rated criteria have been enhanced with the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept
  • Unmatched 4x4 capability courtesy of added torque, Dana 44 axles, full-time two-speed transfer case, electric front- and rear-axle lockers, 37-inch mud-terrain tires and a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch factory lift kit
  • Robust eight-speed transmission, massive low-end torque and 3.73 gear ratio combine to deliver improved on-road performance and greater off-road capability
  • Two-mode exhaust alters performance sound at touch of a button
  • Custom exterior design features half doors, Granite Crystal paint and Bronze-colored accents on tow hooks, springs, shocks, wheels and badging
  • Unique interior features Red Rock-colored leather seats with gold stitching and a performance steering wheel
July 13, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The last time the most recognizable vehicle on the planet was offered with a V-8 engine was in the 1981 Jeep® CJ, with its 5.0-liter V-8 that delivered 125 horsepower and 220 lb.-ft. of torque.

Jeep enthusiasts have been clamoring for a V-8-powered production Wrangler in recent years and the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is an indication they may soon get their wish.

The Jeep brand has introduced its new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept, powered by a 6.4-liter (392-cubic-inch) V-8 engine that delivers 450 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque, and a 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds. Dana 44 axles, a full-time two-speed transfer case, electric front and rear axle lockers, 37-inch mud-terrain tires and a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit from Mopar combine with suspension enhancements, a more robust eight-speed transmission and the massive V-8 power plant to deliver the ultimate fun-to-drive Jeep vehicle with more off-road capability than ever in a Jeep Wrangler.

“Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts have been asking us for a Wrangler V-8 and our new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept proves that we have the ability to make that happen,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA North America. “From the recently introduced 29-mpg Wrangler EcoDiesel to our award-winning Jeep Gladiator, and the upcoming Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, Jeep is clearly listening to its customers. We are anxious to gauge their reaction to this new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept, a vehicle that delivers an incredible and unmatched level of fun-to-drive performance and capability, on- and off-road.”

Power, performance and capability on- and off-road
To accommodate its 6.4-liter V-8 engine and a stronger eight-speed transmission, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept features upgraded engine mounts and a modified frame. Suspension upgrades include new aluminum, monotube Fox shocks for improved damping and heat dissipation. A two-mode exhaust alters the performance sound at the touch of a button.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept boasts even more capability courtesy of third-generation Dana 44 axles, a Selec-Track full-time two-speed transfer case, Tru-Lok electric front- and rear-axle locking differentials and 37-inch mud-terrain tires that wrap around custom 17-inch beadlock wheels that hold the tires to the rims under extreme lateral loads, allowing for reduced tire pressure operation and added traction.

A factory Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit from Mopar makes way for additional suspension articulation and improved approach, breakover and departure angles. The Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept also features Rubicon rock rails, steel bumpers with a Warn winch and a steel belly pan – all added to help navigate the toughest off-road terrains.

The more robust eight-speed automatic transmission and full-time 4x4 transfer case improve overall drivability, and massive amounts of low-end torque allow for a 3.73 gear ratio, which delivers improved highway efficiency and a greater range of off-road capability.

Enhanced Jeep Trail Rated capability
The Jeep brand boasts several Trail Rated criteria, which are improved on the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept, specifically:
  • Traction is improved courtesy of 450 lb.-ft. of torque and custom 17-inch beadlock wheels
  • A factory Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit and 37-inch tires combine to improve articulation and contribute to unprecedented levels of water fording capability (34 inches) and ground clearance (13.25 inches), as well as improved approach (51.6 degrees), breakover (29.5 degrees) and departure (40.1 degrees) angles.
Unique, custom design inside and out
The new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept features Granite Crystal exterior paint adorned with Bronze accentuated tow hooks, badging, springs, shocks and wheels, while featuring a heavy-duty raised performance hood with an aggressive appearance, custom half doors and Wrangler’s Sky One-touch powertop, with removable side panels for complete open-air freedom.

Inside, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept features rich Red Rock-colored leather bolstered seats with gold stitching, along with a performance steering wheel.

jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept_100752123_h-3.jpg

jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept.jpg
I imagine people will buy this who really want a V-8 powered Wrangler. For the price that FCA will ask, I might as well purchase a Power Wagon with the same V-8 and more usability.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I shouldn't say a waste. Great car, very quick and nimble. Just not for me. Cargo too small and I actually find it kinda boring on the highway...I don't know why. It just feels too refined if that makes any sense. In the twisties it's quite a lot of fun...it just sticks to the road and you can throw that thing around.

I blame myself for this. I went from a full size 2008 RR which I loved (maintenance...wanted to get rid of it before major stuff like air bags started going...just was starting to cost to much). Right from the start, I had a feeling the Golf would be too small. And honestly, I miss my truck (if we can call a RR a truck). But at least in 2008 it wasn't a pavement princess like they are now.

R
I can relate. My MK7 GTI Sport was almost flawless, and that was its flaw. It was boring.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
While Jeep might look at this as a way to take away some from the Bronco's big reveal today, another way to look at it might be not only will the Bronco be making the Wrangler look sad today, but Jeep is also making the Wrangler that you can buy look sad. Double wammy against real production Wranglers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.