Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I wasn't actually being serious.
That's okay, I'm sure a lot are thinking it even if you weren't being serious...still, why is it that it takes Ford to get FCA in gear? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't even opt for the V8, but some would like it, options are good for the individual and the brand. Just not a very customer oriented move, more like a defensive move.

R
Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Jeep looks very desperate.. several targeted posts on social media today.

Lol. As much as some may hate it, I actually feel like the 4xe is a better idea than the hemi...haha

At least the Broncos get to rest up. Awesome lil horses.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Lol. As much as some may hate it, I actually feel like the 4xe is a better idea than the hemi...haha

At least the Broncos get to rest up. Awesome lil horses.
I think it’s a good ad. Even though they haven’t released it yet the 4xe is at least a production vehicle. It will probably come out before the Bronco.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It’s not just them, more and more truck drivers are going electric. Electrics are faster, more powerful and make a lot of sense for many whom don’t really utilize offroad vehicles offroad and the gas powered car companies need to be scared.... it’s only a matter of time before phasing out does occur to the gasoline engine.

@JeepCares
Please get corporate to release info that’s concrete faster Bc tesla rivian and Nikola are successfully filling their preorders for electric trucks. Don’t be late to the game FCA or be like Audi and get phased out for being late to the game.
Um, no

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Great concept! But it's almost like being a concept vehicle seals the fate of the idea.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
The only reason that I think this is slightly possible, is this comment from the press release.

"Jeep enthusiasts have been clamoring for a V8-powered production Wrangler in recent years and the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is an indication they may soon get their wish."
If they publicly say this, and don't deliver, they should get some serious backlash.

Either that, or somebody got fucking fired today for approving that language.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
On the other hand, as jeepingib mentioned before, the teaser artwork was way too familiar.

It certainly implies this was strictly an EJS concept trotted out to steal attention.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept download
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept crew-chief-teaser
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept trailcat

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
That's okay, I'm sure a lot are thinking it even if you weren't being serious...still, why is it that it takes Ford to get FCA in gear? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't even opt for the V8, but some would like it, options are good for the individual and the brand. Just not a very customer oriented move, more like a defensive move.

R
You make good points in your prior post. All of this is strange. To me, it reeks of fear, rather than desperation. Jeep is still on top and "desperate" moves are usually made by someone about to lose the game. It's clear Jeep is not on the verge of losing but perhaps they are fearful of what's about to come.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Two Words..."Half Doors!"

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Actually on Ram 1500, the 5.7 hemi get better real world mpg compared to 3.6 V6, E-torque also lowered the MPG on 1500, I know it is against common sense but this is widely reported on 5th gen Ram.

Wrangler's MPG is doomed by its boxy shape, most modern engines and transmissions are so efficient. Well if Jeep do beefying up the axle and tires, that may affect the mpg really quick. You will barely see 13 mpg if you have a heavy Dana 60 and 37.
OK! a 5.7 would be really great, even if get's the same gas millage as my 3.6, still hoping no room for ESS!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.