Status
Not open for further replies.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
As the owner of both a Scat Pack Challenger and JL Rubicon, I need this. I would no longer have the daily debate if I want to go fast or topless.

I would need to put a shaker on it though. That is the reason I bought the Challenger over the Charger.

EFFECTS.jpg
No you wouldnt, you would order a 392 Rubicon in plum crazy to park next to your current fleet, which has excellent taste ;)
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Agreed! I want something that will not struggle pulling a 3,000 lb trailer. The 3.6 is too weak. Where is the middle ground? I will never pay an extra $10,000 to $30,000 more for HP I don't need. I want something practical and doesn't cost a fortune. Ford got the numbers right with their 2.7 EccoBoost.
Do you not think they arent going to offer new power trains, also the reason the JL is limited on towing has nothing to do with the 3.6, it is the rear suspension, the JT can tow over 7200 lbs when equipped correctly.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Agreed! I want something that will not struggle pulling a 3,000 lb trailer. The 3.6 is too weak. Where is the middle ground? I will never pay an extra $10,000 to $30,000 more for HP I don't need. I want something practical and doesn't cost a fortune. Ford got the numbers right with their 2.7 EccoBoost.
The 2.0T eTorque pulled our 3000 lb trailer like it wasn't even there. Going up mountain grades I was passing stock JK's.

While I love more power in almost everything, I'm not sure the Wrangler is the right vehicle for gobs more power. Even with just the 2.0T, the high CG and narrow track of Wrangler feels a little unsafe when accelerating hard.

I agree with you that a middle ground would be nice, and lets hope that straight six finds it's way into the engine bay soon.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My guess: $80K+. The Diesel that I have on order is north of $60K and it doesn't include lift/35s/Hemi premium/etc...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My guess: $80K+
Even if it is $65k+ the Bronco will probably have a 2.7L EcoBoost for $50k+. It's not a Hemi. But real-world it is a more livable option.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Another vote for the way overdue half doors. I'm fine with my 3.6 performance for the most part. Could have a little more bottom end grunt. But that's just the 300 cc 2 stroke dirt biker in me talking.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Back in 2019 I think right as the Gladiator was being revealed some automotive magazine asked Tim Kuniskis, head of passenger cars for North America, about a V8 in the Gladiator.

Tim Kuniskis said:
"Everybody always asks me that question: it fits. You know that. It fits like a glove," he explained. "But the problem is that it fits like a glove and there is no air space around the engine and the whole external space of the vehicle so you have no crush space; you have nothing that can be used to absorb energy in a crash."

"It is not a problem to put it in—other than emissions and fuel economy—except it would never pass any crash tests, and that’s a problem," Kuniskis concluded.
The images and video provided makes it appear that passing crash tests will still be a problem. If this was truly a plan to go into production you would see massive changes to the front end. This will never be anything more than a concept. If you want the 6.4L in your Jeep, you're going to have to go aftermarket.

Source: https://www.thedrive.com/news/27346...-like-a-glove-and-thats-the-problem-exec-says

Sponsored

MMcFett

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Wrangler Unlimited - Stingray
Bring on the half doors! That's what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.