Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@offrampclimber
The color of the flag doesn't matter, re: the obligation to orient the union to be forward-facing...or the fact that it is indeed a flag. 👍

That the velcro-backed flags that I was issued for my BDUs after 2nd August 1990 were subdued brown did nothing to detract from their identity as American flags. The obligation remained to display them properly when secured to the sleeves of my uniform.
Sponsored

offrampclimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Then why are the subdued "patches" on our military uniforms shown with the stars forward as if flying in the wind. Please explain.
@offrampclimber
The color of the flag doesn't matter, re: the obligation to orient the union to be forward-facing...or the fact that it is indeed a flag. 👍

That the velcro-backed flags that I was issued for my BDUs after 2nd August 1990 were subdued brown did nothing to detract from their identity as American flags. The obligation remained to display them properly when secured to the sleeves of my uniform.
No offense meant to military uniforms or your service, but those patches are regulated under military dress code. As worn on a military uniform, those are indeed representative of the US flag.

Looking at the Army's regulations, for instance, they are careful to call the full color patch the US embroidered flag insignia, but the subdued patches are only referenced as "subdued tactical flag insignia" and not "subdued tactical US flag insignia".

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.11.49 PM

This is a replica of a subdued tactical flag on a civilian vehicle. It's not red, white and blue, so it doesn't fall under US flag code, and it's not a military uniform, so it doesn't fall under those regulations. I agree that the orientation should be correct if they are making replicas of a uniform's tactical flags, but it appears to be just a bad Photoshop job.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
I made my own "Military Appreciation" badges (Actually PixelDecals made them; I just installed them!) - using the crest and motto from my old Army Regiment...

hood_decal_installed1.jpg