Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I think the picture is photo shopped as my fuel fill in on the Driver's side. Did they move it to the right side for '23?
The image is flipped...look at the direction the wipers face on the Wrangler as opposed to the Gladiator. The Gladiator is correct, the Wrangler is actually showing the driver's side but flipped. Whoever is in the marketing department that created this should be fired immediately, as should the person who QC'ed it...oh wait, never mind.
Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
the flag should be facing the other way. the stars should be leading the way. think of it as a person holding a flag pole with a flag on it and the wind is blowing into his face. the stars would be in "front". or if you had a flag on your jeep and were driving along...the wind would be blowing the flag towards the back. which make the stars in the front and the stripes would be blowing in the wind.
And when you put the car in reverse, the flags on both fenders should flip around. Wind now blowing on your back.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Shouldn’t a Freedom pkg. come with a sticker set that has the Bill of Rights on it? What’s with all the fetishizing of the military?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
pathetic when they come up with a salute to the military and have the flag incorrect on the flank - Thats Fiat for ya
It was literally the first thing I noticed. On their own damn press release they have the flag backwards! Seriously, Jeep?! Did no one check this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 1656709479328

Sponsored

bohnster

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude GCM
Occupation
Bourbon Taster
Somebody catch me up. I fell asleep looking at the pictures and reading the press release...

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Should of been offered in JK 'Tank' or JT 'Gator', either of which, a green, would of been a better fit.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
What’s with all the fetishizing of the military?
"Fetishizing"??? Give me a f'ink break. Do you project like this every Memorial Day, as well? I'll bet you sure as heck take the day off.

It's being thankful for those who have gone into combat for our country, many of which made the ultimate sacrifice or have been physically and/or emotionally injured for life.

What have YOU done, you sad sack of...
...(manners).

T Town, just say "thank you" and move along. No need to "fetishize" .

Maybe you should do some research into the lineage of your Wrangler. Never mind, I doubt you will put in the effort.

The Jeep you drive is a direct descendant of the Willys MB, a World War II utility vehicle.

And you are driving that descendant today.

You warmonger!

Last edited:

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Came here to say this. Glad I wasn’t the only one to notice.
This kind of stuff shouldn’t bug me but it does. I cringed when I first saw this thinking that they just lazily slapped the same decal on both sides, which would indeed be pathetic. But then I realized that the photo is reversed (wipers, gas cap and flag) which makes the gaffe even more egregious. It would appear that some no nothings in marketing don’t have a clue about the product they’re selling. Even if the work was outsourced to a design company, someone at corporate said all good, publish.

Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
"Fetishizing"??? Give me a f'ink break. Did you project like this during Memorial Day, as well?
Yeah, I thought the use of that term was out of place. He probably thinks that we, as a country, over-glorify our armed services. Maybe he’ll come back and clarify his position on the matter.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Tangental, but still on the subject of the American flag, I saw a truck today with the flag on his back window and a pair of those trailer hitch testicles three feet below. Disrespectful. The testicles alone are bad enough.

bohnster

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude GCM
Occupation
Bourbon Taster
Shouldn’t a Freedom pkg. come with a sticker set that has the Bill of Rights on it? What’s with all the fetishizing of the military?
If you don't support your military Vets, go live somewhere else. "Freedom" isn't "free".

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
This kind of stuff shouldn’t bug me but it does. I cringed when I first saw this thinking that they just lazily slapped the same decal on both sides, which would indeed be pathetic. But then I realized that the photo is reversed (wipers, gas cap and flag) which makes the gaffe even more egregious. It would appear that some no nothings in marketing don’t have a clue about the product they’re selling. Even if the work was outsourced to a design company, someone at corporate said all good, publish.
Which I could agree with (flipped image)- but it still says Jeep correctly. So either someone adjusted it and didn’t pay attention or that was done on purpose because they didn’t do about 10 seconds of research. Ug.