Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Which I could agree with (flipped image)- but it still says Jeep correctly. So either someone adjusted it and didn’t pay attention or that was done on purpose because they didn’t do about 10 seconds of research. Ug.
I completely missed that, that the Jeep badge is shown correctly. This makes what they produced much worse. The images are created through CGI technology which explains why many of the colors are off and issues like the flag come up. Human error/incompetence.
Sponsored

offrampclimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Fortunately, since this is all gray, the direction of this decal doesn't matter because it's not actually a flag. It's not red, white and blue.

4 U.S. Code § 1 - Flag; stripes and stars on

The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field.
(July 30, 1947, ch. 389, 61 Stat. 642.)
Later updated to 50 stars with the admittance of Alaska and Hawaii.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Food for thought:
Do we think this is available in 2 door?

Are those 80th anniversary wheels painted black?
Edit: I don’t think they are 80th anniversary wheels anymore. They do look like a new design to me.

Does the gladiator get the Rubicon front fenders in this edition, but the JL doesn’t?

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Food for thought:
Do we think this is available in 2 door?
Jeep has in the past. Hope so or I'm not interested.

Food for thought:
Are those 80th anniversary wheels painted black?
Kinda look like the 75th anniversary to me but I'm not familiar with the 80th.

Food for thought:
Does the gladiator get the Rubicon front fenders in this edition, but the JL doesn’t?

Any other thoughts?
Not seeing any difference in the fenders from the picture on this thread. We'll have to see what all they come with as the order forms open up.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Not seeing any difference in the fenders from the picture on this thread. We'll have to see what all they come with as the order forms open up.
Check out how the front fender on the gladiator lines up to the hood, and then compare it to the Jeeps. It’s definitely the higher fender. The vent decal is visible all the was across the fender on the Jeep.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Check out how the front fender on the gladiator lines up to the hood, and then compare it to the Jeeps. It’s definitely the higher fender. The vent decal is visible all the was across the fender on the Jeep.
This is more evidence of Jeep’s inaccurate renderings created by inept “talent” in marketing. I’m sure those fenders will be identical in real life.
This press release has all the markings of a rush to publish and cash in just before the Fourth of July holiday.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I am all about this thread! 😊

Mine is a 2021 Freedom edition 2 door, and the flags are correct. Came with everything listed above in the 2023 package. Great value!

And the seats are cloth seat interior with leather wrapped around outside with Oscar Mike on them. Perfect combo of cloth/leather imho!

Feel free to ask me anything else about this package.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military D8D7FFDE-CB01-46F4-B32A-703AAE5C9D25
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military EFD86917-5351-49B2-A865-4603C008246F
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 83510949-133F-4BC1-B3FC-CF3AC5EB8C30
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military EAA651E0-157E-4DCD-90C3-D12BB16AD4CF

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep still can’t get the fuses pushed down, or the 2023 configurator released without 25 different errors, and now you guys expect that it will know how the flag stickers are adhered right...?!?

Reactions: AFD

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The person in Toledo that put the flag stickers on correctly on my 2021 freedom edition is the same person that is doing the 2023s… they will get it right. 😉👍

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
😴

Stellantis seems to have invested as little effort into this package as they did with the recent High Tide edition Wrangler. What's worse is how badly they whiffed the small but important detail of the flag decal orientation...on a military-themed vehicle, no less.

Don't bother, Toledo. The average JLU buyer will do a better job on his own.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep will come with the flags facing the right way. What was posted earlier was just a bad photo production job.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Jeep still can’t get the fuses pushed down, or the 2023 configurator released without 25 different errors, and now you guys expect that it will know how the flag stickers are adhered right...?!?
I know. We have to be the most tollerant customer base in the automotive world with the shit we put up with. Stellantis knows it and must think we’re fools.
As mentioned numerous times, the passenger side flag will be on the Jeep. The promo pic was just a half assed, sloppy effort.
It’s inexcusable how little effort is put into improving on the known problems that aldo cites, not to mention all of the others discussed on these boards. Most manufacturers welcome customer input and strive to do better while this one seems to prefer the status quo.
I do like my Jeep but am not at all impressed with Stellantis and their ways.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
😴

Stellantis seems to have invested as little effort into this package as they did with the recent High Tide edition Wrangler. What's worse is how badly they whiffed the small but important detail of the flag decal orientation...on a military-themed vehicle, no less.

Don't bother, Toledo. The average JLU buyer will do a better job on his own.
The average buyer today wouldn’t even notice, which is worse.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
The flags will be correct on the production vehicle. Some intern got it wrong on the photoshop for the promo picture. Seems like an honest mistake by someone who didn't know better. No big deal.

They released a special edition to honor military service and even put American flags on it. That's a heck of a lot more than you get from most corporations these days.
Sponsored