YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
FCA must be running out of ideas if we have to do a special edition of whatever that is haha.
I think the mountain edition in the middle of the JK era was the epitome of excessive special editions.

the islander at least has some history with jeep and seems fitting for a wrangler.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I liked the setting sun graphic on the YJ Islander better than the Tiki doll graphic. Those seats look nice

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I liked the setting sun graphic on the YJ Islander better than the Tiki doll graphic. Those seats look nice
As big as 80s comeback stuff has become, they really missed the boat. Should have kept bikini pearl blue and put the retro 80s yj graphics on it. This tiki crap is ugly.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
WTF Jeep, where is the Mojave? bring over the Mojave Wrangler that has actual benefits like better shocks, frame upgrades, steel knuckles, different seats etc. instead of another sticker package and painted top model. I am looking for an excuse to buy my 4th JL since after more research and a test drive I discovered the Gladiator was not for me.

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
WTF Jeep, where is the Mojave? bring over the Mojave Wrangler that has actual benefits like better shocks, frame upgrades, steel knuckles, different seats etc. instead of another sticker package and painted top model. I am looking for an excuse to buy my 4th JL since after more research and a test drive I discovered the Gladiator was not for me.
I agree the Mohave glat is pretty awesome. I’m not a big fan of the bed of the glat but the stance the Mohave has from the factory is perfect.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
There's new chief blue and nacho wranglers near me. Troncolli in cumming, GA.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up an Islander JLU last month in Chief color. I was told that the ability to order Chief is closed now, and they are offering Hydro Blue instead.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces 2021 Wrangler Islander Special Edition
Love that color!

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As big as 80s comeback stuff has become, they really missed the boat. Should have kept bikini pearl blue and put the retro 80s yj graphics on it. This tiki crap is ugly.
My thoughts exactly so I did just that and went retro!

jeep 2 new wheels.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As big as 80s comeback stuff has become, they really missed the boat. Should have kept bikini pearl blue and put the retro 80s YJ graphics on it. This tiki crap is ugly.
Agreed.

The Wrangler lends itself to properly executed retro packages, if only because the vehicle's aesthetic itself is unchanged from the time when the Islander package, for example, was current. That's actually an argument against the current effort; why borrow the well-regarded name and then do nothing that recalls the original? Shane's great presentation makes plain that FCA/Stellantis whiffed it.

Sell it the right way, or don't sell it at all.

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.

The Wrangler lends itself to properly executed retro packages, if only because the vehicle's aesthetic itself is unchanged from the time when the Islander package, for example, was current. That's actually an argument against the current effort; why borrow the well-regarded name and then do nothing that recalls the original? Shane's great presentation makes plain that FCA/Stellantis whiffed it.

Sell it the right way, or don't sell it at all.
why thank you for the kind acknowledgement! Maybe I'm just showing my age...wish they would have gone retro not just on the graphics but interior also.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I picked up an Islander JLU last month in Chief color. I was told that the ability to order Chief is closed now, and they are offering Hydro Blue instead.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces 2021 Wrangler Islander Special Edition jeep 2 new wheels
Got a pic of the side? I mostly just want those silver wheels for my Glady

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
Id do half doors as standard with the power soft top and the big sound system. That would really distinguish it from other models.
Sponsored